Get your 18 yr. Old pepper spray!

I do not have kids but could not even image dealing with a situation like the kidnapping and murder of Kelsey Smith. She was at the age were she is not allowed a gun but could have pepper spray. We on this forum believe in self-defense but I bet many others around you with kids 18 to 20 yrs. old could use a little persuasion to at least obtain pepper spray. Or even if your own kids of that age do not already have it then make them get it! Especially your daughters!

A good shot of OC in the face may have saved this girls life.

Is there an age limit in Mass to carry Mace?

Is there an age limit in Mass to carry Mace? If thats a problem; Just give the kids a little can of bug spray.

Anybody have a CCW Holster to fit this?

It works pretty well to deter pesky critters. [smile]

Fast-acting… Kills dangerous pests on contact.
Easy to use… 27 foot jet spray lets you keep a safe distance ideal for long-distance protection.

If you hit the target directly, it will only
take 2-3 seconds of spray to kill it when spraying from
5-10 feet.

Outside around the home in the yard and garden.
Can also be brought along for picnics and other outdoor
activities

F413C6D6-84DC-4715-906E-

This was NOT a Massachusetts crime.

Kelsey was not in a state with the moronic regulation of defensive sprays.

In short, there was nothing stopping her from carrying such a spray.

Anti-gun or not, people need to wake up and realize there are alot of scumbags in this world waiting for the opportunity to attack, rape, take our children etc. We sometimes feel it won't happen to us and do nothing to prevent or anticipate it. The only way to ensure it won't happen to us, or at least if it does we have a fighting chance, is to be prepared. Whether it be sprays, knives, ccw, karate etc. We need to burn into peoples minds that being ready to defend ourselves is absolutely necessary. I've been telling my family to at least get chemical spray and I am thinking I'm going to have to insist and fill out the applications myself. Heck, I'll even pay for them. I know not everyone will want to carry anything for whatever reason, but the more we speak out about it the more minds will see that these news clips don't always have to end the way we are used to. I'd like to see clips of BG's getting the S%^& maced out of them by some 18 year old girl they think is their prey. I hope someday it will happen.

The Jungler

Junglerott,

Not in MA they won't!

- Most teenagers/young 20s females have a "nothing can happen to me" attitude. No safety awareness at all. [NOT saying ALL, just the majority.]

- Between MGLs requiring fingerprints, photos, fees, 1-3 month waits for a permit to possess ONLY chemical sprays, the fact that no schools will <generally> allow coeds to carry it, the questionable interpretation on college campuses as a "dangerous weapon" resulting in confiscation and arrests/prosecutions, etc. it's not really a viable self-defense option for many young ladies.

I worked 7PM-3AM shifts as an Aux PO in a very large Boston area college, in the dorms. The coeds typically put their purses on a table just inside the doorway of their apartments and left the apartment doors wide open . . . easy snatch and grab from hallway, leaving themselves vulnerable to trespassers who might want to attack them, etc. They jacked the back doors of the dorms open over and over again (it was a game, we'd undo it, they'd redo it all night long, every night).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but it just doesn't work well in this environment.

And some people keep saying "Oh, I don't want to live my life in fear!" As if acknowledging that there are predators out there makes it worse, somehow. [rolleyes]

My sister is heading to Virginia Tech next year and I plan to purchase several OC sprays and practice canisters for her as well as a nice knife.

I know that at BC chemical sprays are prohibited along with all the other fun stuff. Makes no sense whatsoever.

And LenS, I know some kids who in my time at BC would actually disable the locking mechanisms on the outside doors, and everyone in any given dorm knows every single room code. Some of the senior apartments actually don't have locking back doors either. Foolish and stupid for sure.

And some people keep saying "Oh, I don't want to live my life in fear!" As if acknowledging that there are predators out there makes it worse, somehow. [rolleyes]

Advise all who say that to wander around with their fingers in their ears, humming loudly, and their eyes firmly shut. Then ask them them to cross Mass Ave at 8:30am, and see how well that works.

Lots of people have absolutely no concept that someone would actually to steal from them or hurt/kill them.

I was at a house party a few weeks ago. Lots of people, most of whom were not directly invited. Some girl thought it was a good idea to leave her purse on a shelf right next to the door. It disappeared and of course like lots of young women, she practically had her entire life in that bag, even her SS card.

I was talking to a friend who was telling me something similar when he heard I had a handgun "locked and loaded". I pointed out that he has smoke detectors and fire extinguishers around his house; does that mean he's living his life in fear of a fatal house fire? He didn't say much after that.

My sister is heading to Virginia Tech next year and I plan to purchase several OC sprays and practice canisters for her as well as a nice knife.

I know that at BC chemical sprays are prohibited along with all the other fun stuff. Makes no sense whatsoever.

And LenS, I know some kids who in my time at BC would actually disable the locking mechanisms on the outside doors, and everyone in any given dorm knows every single room code. Some of the senior apartments actually don't have locking back doors either. Foolish and stupid for sure.

Be sure she is comfortable with a knife. I know many people who are not squeamish in any other area, but cannot bring themselves to use a knife outside the kitchen. I brought my duaghters up with knives and tales of their ancestors in Sicily, and they are very comfortable with knives.

Be sure she is comfortable with a knife. I know many people who are not squeamish in any other area, but cannot bring themselves to use a knife outside the kitchen. I brought my duaghters up with knives and tales of their ancestors in Sicily, and they are very comfortable with knives.

Ancestors in Sicily??? Oooohhh...remind me never to piss you off [grin]

My first choice would have been to give her a S&W Airweight, but considering the school she's going to, a knife is probably the best I can do.

I was talking to a friend who was telling me something similar when he heard I had a handgun "locked and loaded". I pointed out that he has smoke detectors and fire extinguishers around his house; does that mean he's living his life in fear of a fatal house fire? He didn't say much after that.

Amen.

Better yet take the guy that kidnapped her out into a dirt lot while he's bound in shackles. Throw him to his knees, level a shotgun at his head and melon it! All while tv cameras are broadcasting it live to millions of homes across America. Then grab the next sex offender/kidnapper and repeat.
That'd be enough "rehabilitation" to set these a**h***s straight before they think of doing something like this.

Better yet take the guy that kidnapped her out into a dirt lot while he's bound in shackles. Throw him to his knees, level a shotgun at his head and melon it! All while tv cameras are broadcasting it live to millions of homes across America. Then grab the next sex offender/kidnapper and repeat.
That'd be enough "rehabilitation" to set these a**h***s straight before they think of doing something like this.

Nail on the head Milsurp. Nasty, but get that point across I like it.

attitude

Len i agree with you on the attitude. I spoke with 2 female friends in the last
2 weeks about carrying pepper spray. Both of them have it but:

1. do not have a fid to carry it. (eay to fix)
2. don't feel they need it, who's gonna bother me.

What else can i say..

JimB

i also had a friend that said "why do you want the added stress of carrying a gun" i replyed " when you have a f***ing crook holding you up with a knife or gun and all you got is your fists you know the meaning of stress.

Back
Top Bottom