• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting a Safe Delivered?

Minuteman Armament

Dealer
NES Member
Does anyone know of a company who will deliver safes? Need to buy a safe and have it delivered here within a reasonable amount of time. None of the big names I tried could do it.

Or anyone on here want to make a buck?

I got my safe from these folks in Nashua: http://www.dependablelock.com

They had it delivered. They also bolted the safe to the floor and changed the combo during the install. All and all, I was happy with the service.

Anthony

Dependable lock is great to work with - got my safe there as well.

The company that delivers for them has helped me out with a couple of small jobs, including moving a piano from a neighbor's house to ours - and have been pretty communicative and dependable.

If you have a safe already and just need a mover I would give them a call. They used one of those stair climbing dollies to get the safe down into my basement which was pretty cool

They are located in Nashua, so not sure how far they will cover

RDS moving (Tim Kelley, owner)
603-321-4436
[email protected]

Eastern delivers. They charge top dollar for delivery, but deliver a level of service consistent with the price.

Bought from Bass Pro but no delivery. However, it was the one we wanted. Approximately 500 lbs. Hired a moving company to deliver.

Also bought a safe from Eastern fortunately I live on the first floor,rolled it in on a palate jack. Once I showed them where it was to go in and out in 10 min. Movers were very polite,personable and professional.

I bought my safe from them, it was 800 lbs 3 friends and a 2 wheeler got it in the house.

Ordered a safe from Brian on a Wednesday and it was delivered on a Friday of the same week. 900 lbs delivered by 2 guys to a walkout basement. This was 2 weeks ago.

I'd go with eastern or dependable. Use a safe company that moves them everyday. It's not easy. I made the mistake of moving a safe with a friend. Both of us are big guys too. Wish I just paid the money for the pros.

Alex, buy it from Eastern.

Is it going in your Great Road location? Will the floor loading support the weight? Is there a freight elevator to your floor? Where ever it's going, plan on it staying there. Costs to move a big safe can sometimes be the same as buying a new one. DAMHIK!

I bought a good sized Fort Knox safe and had it delivered ( 130 miles ) and installed ( lagged to cellar floor ). Difficult delivery and installation. All went well, I wouldn't consider another company in New England.

Powermate stair climber

Rented a Powermate from Sunbelt in Worcester for the day to move a 550 lb safe down a bulkhead and across the basement. Took me, my wife and son about 30 minutes total. About $130 all said and done. It is NOT as easy as the videos make it look for the inexperienced, but it is doable. With 2-3 strong guys you should be Ok. Specs to 1000 lbs up/down stairs, or 1500 lbs flat surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyb7CohgbFk

https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/detail/1225/0440098/stair-climber-1500lb/

image.php

Once on a flat surface, safe movers use delrin skids that are quite effective. Going down stairs is quite another matter.

Back
Top Bottom