• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock announces G44 in .22LR

Hmmmmm... The slide on my 22 conversion Sig P229 is aluminum and the 22LR rounds cycle it just fine. Could it be that Glock is just trying to chinz-out on their manufacturing costs. Plastic slide is way cheaper than milling aluminum.

it's a polymer steel hybrid. Probably stronger and cheaper than using milled Al.

Part monkey, part pig.

Hey, why didn't they just remove all the metal on the slide like the Beretta 92?

Hmmmmm... The slide on my 22 conversion Sig P229 is aluminum and the 22LR rounds cycle it just fine. Could it be that Glock is just trying to chinz-out on their manufacturing costs. Plastic slide is way cheaper than milling aluminum.

Are you shooting subsonic suppressed rounds on that Sig? Glock says most subs will cycle. Somebody will be selling threaded barrels before this thing launches in January.

Are you shooting subsonic suppressed rounds on that Sig? Glock says most subs will cycle. Somebody will be selling threaded barrels before this thing launches in January.

Glock already has one on their website. I'd bet a suppressor host model will be added before long.

Yup, but I'm going to wait for a GEN9 G44 to come out...not! I like Glock but see no need for this one (for me, that is).

i have no need for it either, but I won’t let that get in the way of buying one.

during a Glock Armorers class about 15 years ago I remember the instructor said if Glock put their logo on a pile of dog poop there would be some people lining up to buy it. I remembered thinking he was right...

Spinal Tap reference is best reference. [thumbsup]

So, a sub-compact .22lr...?

maxresdefault.jpg

Regarding a threaded barrel…yesterday someone asked Michelle Viscusi on her Instagram post featuring the G44 if a threaded barrel version was on the way and she answered yes. Didn't see any mention of a timeline though.

The problem is that I am hearing these are going to be $450 for the plain Jane.
Add $75+ for a threaded barrel.
Add $100+ for sights
Add $250 or something for milling and then add the cost of an RMR on top of it.

So it's not "man, $400 or $450" it's "$450 or $600-$725"
To make the G44 suppressor ready (unless Glock just hasn't announced more details yet), you're looking at another $125-$250 for at least a new barrel and some form of sight you can use with a suppressor.

When you can get a suppressor ready M&P 22C for under $300 or some other competitor ready to go out of the box for less than $450, the G44 loses its luster unless your heart is set on a Glock.

Lol its a polymer slide so you could probably mount an RMR with drywall screws.
I am curious if they do an MOS version. I wonder if adding a dot would make the slide too heavy to cycle properly.
All things considered i'll probably get one in a year or so for funsies. I have an airsoft G17 that is fun as hell.

How long before this gun will be shown in the media as an assassins weapon?

Glockmeister has pre orders for:

$359

This should be legal in Mass:

Loaded chamber indicator - Ghost hole

The ghost hole serves as a loaded chamber indicator. The small hole is located at the rear of the barrel hood on top of the ejection port, it allows you to see whether there is a cartridge in the firearm’s chamber or not.

G44-Feature_Ghost_hole_512x256.jpg

Do 22lr pistols need to go through the safety testing BS?

How long before this gun will be shown in the media as an assassins weapon?

Glockmeister has pre orders for:

$359

This should be legal in Mass:

Loaded chamber indicator - Ghost hole

The ghost hole serves as a loaded chamber indicator. The small hole is located at the rear of the barrel hood on top of the ejection port, it allows you to see whether there is a cartridge in the firearm’s chamber or not.

View attachment 318040

I do not give a f*** about the media.

At $359 with the threaded barrel, I'm in line as soon as these hit the shelves.
If you put a suppressor on the G44, it would upset the balance and take away the ability to draw from a holster.

I want a G44 so I can shoot similarly to a G19 and save money on ammo.

I still want a threaded barrel for cool factor.

I'd like a suppressor on a rifle, too.

Glock has this all figured out...

In the past the practically gave guns to the police at cost.

In doing so, everyone got excited and wanted those guns. Glock sold tons of guns to civilians as a result.

Glock is doing a similar thing now...

Make a great gun for people to learn on and sell it cheap.

New shooters will get hooked and become loyal to Glock.

Then those new shooters will branch out into bigger calibers.

Lots of people are loyal to things they learn on.

Glock is creating a whole new generation or loyal followers.

Regarding a threaded barrel…yesterday someone asked Michelle Viscusi on her Instagram post featuring the G44 if a threaded barrel version was on the way and she answered yes. Didn't see any mention of a timeline though.

In one of the videos on YT I saw them shooting one with a can on it, so said barrel already exists. Probably will be rolled out as another sku or whatever.

-Mike

If you put a suppressor on the G44, it would upset the balance and take away the ability to draw from a holster.

I doubt very much glock released a threaded barrel for their 22lr pistol for the cool factor. .22 pistols exist for 2 reasons, new/young shooters, and shooting suppressed.

I doubt very much glock released a threaded barrel for their 22lr pistol for the cool factor. .22 pistols exist for 2 reasons, new/young shooters, and shooting suppressed.
I agree.

My purpose for getting a G44 would be as a training aid to save money on ammo.

I would like a threaded barrel even though I plan not to use it.

I'd like it to be removed and replaced with a standard barrel, but I want my future G44 to come complete as a threaded version.

Glocks that come with a threaded barrel from the factory have a certain cache to them.

I could end up with a few of these G44's since the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom