Gold and silver prices are down

Gold is now officially a Tier 1 asset (as of 2019?), so it's unlikely they'll do that - central banks are using gold as tier 1 assets now. They don't want to devalue their own assets.

They would only have to worry about maintaining reserve % levels. And do they otherwise care about the spot price of their holdings if the move drives more of the stuff into their hands? The government is about control, and they want to control gold if and when the rest of the world turns to it.

Wait and see in any case. If gold takes off I can’t see the US government sitting on its hands while a select few get wealthy and a single ounce of untraceable metal represents so much value outside of their taxable reach.

Any tax implications selling gold or silver to Boston Bullion? Not sure how that works.
You own the tax on collectible gains (not the favorable capital gains) no matter what. The fact that a sale is not reported to the government does not relieve you of the state or federal tax obligation.

Certain types of metals require a 1099B bv filed by the buyer -:

I hear talk of that but China is printing so much money I don't see how they could peg it to gold.

China banks have banned precious metals trading.

Some of the best raw profits can be found in contraband...

So we can expect China to explode in G/S over the short term? The times, they are a changing....

Varmint said, "FIFY"

Maybe, but I did not see a fix....

That's twice you've, ahem, jumped the gun today. You're like me when I first starting dating my wife.
Did I? It hit $28 this morning sometime after 8AM on Silverprice.org.

If anything, I was late... [smile]

Good Times...

My guess is that we will get another dollar spike tomorrow and then drop to around $26 for the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom