• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I’d like to know who bought in at the cheapest AU per ounce bullion. Me? $970 with Microsoft cashback in 2008. Not too bad.

Post your best deal on an ounce coin.

I didn't get into coins until 2013, so my best is like $1200. Luckily my dad picked picked up some for my brother and I in the 80's but I don't know what he paid for them.

I did buy some gold back before 2010 at less than $1,000/ounce but I failed to have the wisdom at that time to retain receipts. I did however purchase several coins only a few years ago that were under $1,500/ounce. I also remembered to save my receipts ;) Here's one of them...

receipt.jpg

One of the things I love about this thread (and the members) are the folks that are buying for their children and grandchildren.

There's a lot of good folks here on NES.

My boys are lucky little schmucks, gonna inherit gold, silver and guns, and maybe a Mustang Mach 1. I inherited some ugly tired furniture and random junk that my mom refused to throw out. At least the church will inherit my dad’s 2019 Wrangler. [laugh]

I did buy some gold back before 2010 at less than $1,000/ounce but I failed to have the wisdom at that time to retain receipts. I did however purchase several coins only a few years ago that were under $1,500/ounce. I also remembered to save my receipts ;) Here's one of them...

View attachment 487010

What do you need the receipts for?

Nice idea, but they ask you for a an ID when you sell.

Know where I can get a phoney Liz Warren ID?

I thought the law said you can be whoever you want to be despite how your were born...

:)

The amount of gubbermint oversight on what we do is really annoying... seriously! What happened to our right to privacy???

One of the things I love about this thread (and the members) are the folks that are buying for their children and grandchildren.

My boys are lucky little schmucks, gonna inherit gold, silver and guns, and maybe a Mustang Mach 1. I inherited some ugly tired furniture and random junk that my mom refused to throw out. At least the church will inherit my dad’s 2019 Wrangler. [laugh]

It's all for the kids, otherwise what's the point right? Hopefully if all goes well my 3 (2 here, one on the way) will be inheriting a healthy real estate portfolio, gold, guns, ammo and some crypto. If I can get my shit together they'll also have their Italian passports in addition to their US passports, just in case.

I’d like to know who bought in at the cheapest AU per ounce bullion. Me? $970 with Microsoft cashback in 2008. Not too bad.

Post your best deal on an ounce coin.
I bought several ounces as a Y2K prep towards the end of 1999, paid $275/oz.

A year later, the price had dropped below my original purchase price and I was sure I had made a poor investment...

As I always say "I'm adding to the kids stack, it's not for me." My dad says: "make sure you say that in your will"

Oops! Look out below Mr. usd! If China makes a similar move were f*****. Gold is looking shinier.
KEY POINTS
  • Russia will completely remove U.S. dollar assets from its National Wealth Fund (NWF), while increasing the share of the euro, Chinese yuan and gold.
  • Russia on Wednesday said it plans to spend up to 400 billion roubles annually from the NWF in a bid to boost state investment in infrastructure projects and finance its development strategy.

Back
Top Bottom