• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

It won't hurt you if you don't sell. I still view all of this as a gift. I don't question where PMs are going or where the dollar is going. That traders are unsure or unsure in the near term is gift to those of us investing for the long term. I'm not even certain at what price I would stop buying gold or if I would even stop buying at any price? I suppose that I wouldn't if we continue the same fiscal and monetary policies we currently have in place.

It won't hurt you if you don't sell. I still view all of this as a gift. I don't question where PMs are going or where the dollar is going. That traders are unsure or unsure in the near term is gift to those of us investing for the long term. I'm not even certain at what price I would stop buying gold or if I would even stop buying at any price? I suppose that I wouldn't if we continue the same fiscal and monetary policies we currently have in place.
Yeah, my phys will never be sold. But I also have other gold assets and those are for nearer term enjoyment.

Oops! Look out below Mr. usd! If China makes a similar move were f*****. Gold is looking shinier.
KEY POINTS
  • Russia will completely remove U.S. dollar assets from its National Wealth Fund (NWF), while increasing the share of the euro, Chinese yuan and gold.
  • Russia on Wednesday said it plans to spend up to 400 billion roubles annually from the NWF in a bid to boost state investment in infrastructure projects and finance its development strategy.

Just more bonds for the Fed to eat. Hope they don't get indigestion.

Lab Gold posted results this morning. Not bad!

20.6 g/t Au over 3.6 metres including 103.36 g/t over 0.3 metres and Hole K-21-14 intersected 10.48 g/t Au over 2.4 metres.

That's good, getting closer to finding the deposit. Doesn't justify the price though, gonna need more than that, so we might sell off especially if miners sell off.

20.6 g/t Au over 3.6 metres including 103.36 g/t over 0.3 metres and Hole K-21-14 intersected 10.48 g/t Au over 2.4 metres.

That's good, getting closer to finding the deposit. Doesn't justify the price though, gonna need more than that, so we might sell off especially if miners sell off.
Pretty awesome to get visible gold on all drill holes in their maiden program. I gotta say the science and technology is really helping the miners these days.

I’d like to know who bought in at the cheapest AU per ounce bullion. Me? $970 with Microsoft cashback in 2008. Not too bad.

Post your best deal on an ounce coin.
Not a gold coin.....but does gold jewelry count? In 2004 when I was on r and r for 3 days in Kuwait (came down on a long convoy from mosul iraq....we did convoy security for civilian contract truckers) I got a gold bracelet for my wife. 23.5 carat gold and a beautiful thing to look at she gets compliments every time she wears it. It was from a Kuwaiti jewelry maker. Weight is just a smidgen under an ounce on the scale. Cost me $410 and I still have the receipt 😂. Told her when gold hits 2k I'm gonna sell it and she just about flipped out on me.

Last edited:
Not a gold coin.....but does gold jewelry count? In 2004 when I was on r and r for 3 days in Kuwait (came down on a long convoy from mosul iraq....we did convoy security for civilian contract truckers) I got a gold bracelet for my wife. 23.5 carat gold and a beautiful thing to look at she gets compliments every time she wears it. It was from a Kuwaiti jewelry maker. Weight is just a smidgen under an ounce on the scale. Cost me $410 and I still have the receipt 😂. Told her when gold hits 2k I'm gonna sell it and she just about flipped out on me.

probably worth more than the Iraqi dinars my brother picked up over there.

probably worth more than the Iraqi dinars my brother picked up over there.
Kuwaiti currency was a bitch over there. I had to go home on emergence leave from Iraq on my second deployment in 2009 while I was there due to a death in the family.....you fly civilian airlines for emergency leave and I got stuck in the airport in Kuwait city for 6 hours waiting for my flight and had to buy something to eat. The exchange rate was so far in favor of the Kuwait currency I ended up spending $32 US for a diet coke and 2 plain donuts. 🙄

Kuwaiti currency was a bitch over there. I had to go home on emergence leave from Iraq on my second deployment in 2009 while I was there due to a death in the family.....you fly civilian airlines for emergency leave and I got stuck in the airport in Kuwait city for 6 hours waiting for my flight and had to buy something to eat. The exchange rate was so far in favor of the Kuwait currency I ended up spending $32 US for a diet coke and 2 plain donuts. 🙄

My brother got assigned to Kuwait (a top assignment) for a year before the war, and ended up stuck there during the invasion. :(

What could happen when Basle III is implemented? What will banks do to the unallocated gold contracts/swaps? This is a very intriguing viewpoint wrt to what happens after June 30 and Jan 2022. Will we ever get back to honest money again?

What could happen when Basle III is implemented? What will banks do to the unallocated gold contracts/swaps? This is a very intriguing viewpoint wrt to what happens after June 30 and Jan 2022. Will we ever get back to honest money again?

This one confuses me cause the motive is not clear, and you know there must be one.

Gold was down $15/oz earlier this morning. And then it spiked up hard. CPI came in much higher than expected.

View attachment 491118
A parabolic move in the near term would not be the best situation but that may occur. I would prefer a very slow rise with another pullback hard to like $1800. Then we set a super strong base for a move to $2300 by next year or the following.

Gold was down $15/oz earlier this morning. And then it spiked up hard. CPI came in much higher than expected.

View attachment 491118

I actually think CPI was not as bad as expected, 0.6% vs expected 0.5%. Not as big a surprise as April. This is why gold and everything else is up. The transitory narrative is still in play.

I’m increasingly hearing traders dismiss the government CPI numbers as false when I watch kitco and other investing broadcasts on YouTube. It used to be, several months ago, that it was primarily Schiff that would ridicule the CPI numbers but now it’s pretty much everyone.

Whatever the case, I’m still firm in the belief that this is all a gift to investors in PMs to solidify their positions.

Back
Top Bottom