• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

We're walking it into that resistance level. I like the small, incremental price increases day after day. It tells me there's support for the price increase.

View attachment 540940

yeah I think so too. All the gold experts think it’ll take another 6 months and we’ll retest $1675 but I think gold will fool them like it usually does and break out early.

au0365nyb.gif

over a year the recent ups and downs are just background noise, at least for the present.

OK deal on silver bars... $2.50/ounce over spot

Order 2 or more to avoid MA sales tax.

Last edited:
Your wish is my command. Just took a big dip into JNUG after hours cuz you know miners.

Cool, I had trouble finding what stocks are in JNUG, seems like it’s just GDXJ plus a couple other funds? I’d definitely take profits if it goes up cause it’ll probably be volatile going forward.

Cool, I had trouble finding what stocks are in JNUG, seems like it’s just GDXJ plus a couple other funds? I’d definitely take profits if it goes up cause it’ll probably be volatile going forward.
I expect it to do so. Definitely not a long term hold but it will outperform if miners go bonkers from now on and imho it is happening. It’s amazing how quite a few junior explorers have already gained 50-100% since October. Wish I had bought Eskay and Cassiar.

I expect it to do so. Definitely not a long term hold but it will outperform if miners go bonkers from now on and imho it is happening. It’s amazing how quite a few junior explorers have already gained 50-100% since October. Wish I had bought Eskay and Cassiar.

Yeah certain juniors have done really well, and ones like Eskay never sold off that much. I never bought more cause it never got below like $1.65.

My take on why explorers with no resource like Eskay and Great Bear are doing so well while established developers with proven resources are still dirt cheap is cause names like Great Bear and Eskay attract outside speculators while a Liberty Gold or Alexco do not. It’s insane that Great Bear is a billion dollar market cap while a Liberty gold is $300 million. Seems like trend following to me, why else pay $17 for Great Bear when so many other miners are super cheap.

Less well known explorers are still in the toilet like Matador or Lion One.

I bought a lot of New Found under $6 recently. I felt that investors got scared of the assay bias news thinking it implied a scam, when it’s really just a common metallurgy issue with nuggety gold.

My daughter was searching in an old secretary desk from my wife’s grandmother we have and opened a secret compartment. This is what she found. Dead ass I have no words.
such a neat find. so amazing for her to have found it how cool! I, too, hide things. and often wonder, what happens if I croak suddenly. no body knows where s#it is really. looking through the photos, you've found some beautiful examples of American coinage. some silver 90%, some 40% and some just face value. judging by one photo, I see a 1993 half dollar. so whoever stashed em away did so at least no earlier than 1993.
you never know people! previous generations were thrifty, and squirreled things away man places. I can get rid of ANYTHING of my old man's without giving it a thorough going thru.

And... don't forget that if you buy from a store front dealer in MA, you will pay sales tax unless you buy over $1,000 at a time.
just dealt with this today, bought 4 silver coins and had to pay the tax

Do most buy gold, seems like with silver you have to buy a ton, was toying with the idea of a gold coin to start but wonder how good it will really do long term and if it is worth it.

My daughter was searching in an old secretary desk from my wife’s grandmother we have and opened a secret compartment. This is what she found. Dead ass I have no words.
View attachment 542904View attachment 542906View attachment 542907View attachment 542908View attachment 542909View attachment 542910

that is awesome, those morgans are worth something, I have one Eisenhower but have read that only certain ones are worth anything good, an amazing find congrats!

@djbradles that was a cool find....

Makes me wonder what our generation can collect in happenstance. I can't think of anything really.

Everything now is digital or cheap plastic.

There is always gold and silver in any form but that just doesn't happen to land in my pocket as loose change while leaving the market.

such a neat find. so amazing for her to have found it how cool! I, too, hide things. and often wonder, what happens if I croak suddenly. no body knows where s#it is really. looking through the photos, you've found some beautiful examples of American coinage. some silver 90%, some 40% and some just face value. judging by one photo, I see a 1993 half dollar. so whoever stashed em away did so at least no earlier than 1993.
you never know people! previous generations were thrifty, and squirreled things away man places. I can get rid of ANYTHING of my old man's without giving it a thorough going thru.
My mil has dementia and squirreled away many valuables that she forgot about and the stuff she did have she squandered over many years. I couldn’t begin to mention the things she pawned off or let go to waste over a 25 year period. It’s just really cool to have some things to pass down to my girls.

Back
Top Bottom