• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

@djbradles that was a cool find....

Makes me wonder what our generation can collect in happenstance. I can't think of anything really.

Everything now is digital or cheap plastic.

There is always gold and silver in any form but that just doesn't happen to land in my pocket as loose change while leaving the market.
My wife’s grandmother was a socialite and lived through the 40’s in NYC. If there was ever a time that is synonymous with our own it would be the 1940’s. Massive fiat debasement, high unemployment, rampant inflation, low growth, and gold banned from private ownership. Sound familiar?

Makes me wonder what our generation can collect in happenstance. I can't think of anything really.

There is always gold and silver in any form but that just doesn't happen to land in my pocket as loose change while leaving the market.

Those old coins are valuable in part cause of government policy trying to make them go away. So maybe guns and gas powered equipment or vehicles in mint condition?

I’ll add that maybe your generation will store rainbow kittens and belly lint NFT’s.

I kid I kid 😁

My agriculture fund finally broke $20. With inflation, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em! Gold, silver, crypto, real estate and food, there’s room in the inflation basket for all.

502C7ADC-286F-4B5A-A938-B34ACD27A42C.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s lookin like my Morgans are about $50 a piece.

Looking at the handwriting on the envelopes the 1902 Indian head pennies are missing as well as the 1970’s Susan B’s.

I got 50 fine examples of fiat dollars if you want to part with that forgotten relic. Think of all the things you could buy with $50 . . . a nice side of mutton, couple lattes, maybe a jumbo roll of the really soft TP? Not all at once though, don’t misunderstand.

My daughter was searching in an old secretary desk from my wife’s grandmother we have and opened a secret compartment. This is what she found. Dead ass I have no words.
View attachment 542904View attachment 542906View attachment 542907View attachment 542908View attachment 542909View attachment 542910

Because it was in the family...

You may want to consider having a Morgan or two made into rings. As keepsakes...

il_794xN.3170386730_qpkt.jpg
5eddeb5bb7160e7e2243ca27-large.jpg

1637205559009.png

Sweet, we get to try to break $1800 gold again. :rolleyes:
Personally, I’m ok with this. I want a little more in my short stack before it goes up anymore. I have about a little under a months pay (net) in physical gold now, and would like to try to get to double what I have now before potential SHTF.

Personally, I’m ok with this. I want a little more in my short stack before it goes up anymore. I have about a little under a months pay (net) in physical gold now, and would like to try to get to double what I have now before potential SHTF.
It’s a great opportunity as the transitory narrative of inflation is breaking down. Its gonna be a bumpy ride through to the first rate hike but the bull market is still intact with even more solid fundamentals. Pumping Powell has his main squeeze Brainerd to groom and they will not be doing anything but cow towing to the markets. I just want to wait out the price discovery on the pm stocks as they are getting toss around and down violently. For physical buying if you already haven’t done it now is the time.

It’s a great opportunity as the transitory narrative of inflation is breaking down. Its gonna be a bumpy ride through to the first rate hike but the bull market is still intact with even more solid fundamentals. Pumping Powell has his main squeeze Brainerd to groom and they will not be doing anything but cow towing to the markets. I just want to wait out the price discovery on the pm stocks as they are getting toss around and down violently. For physical buying if you already haven’t done it now is the time.

Not sure the Fed will ever hike rates - their taper plan is to reduce bond buying by $15 billion a month starting this month. So their QE won’t end for 10 months at that rate.

With real interest rates at -6% or lower, gold wont wait that long to start the big move, which based on the last 4 cup and handle formations in gold, will be to $3800.

Not sure the Fed will ever hike rates - their taper plan is to reduce bond buying by $15 billion a month starting this month. So their QE won’t end for 10 months at that rate.

With real interest rates at -6% or lower, gold wont wait that long to start the next leg up, which based on the last 4 cup and handle formations in gold, will be to $3800.
There is what they have to do what they won’t do and what they have to do they most likely won’t do. Gold is money 🤑

There is what they have to do what they won’t do and what they have to do they most likely won’t do. Gold is money 🤑

In the 1940s we had massive debt and big inflation. The Fed didn’t raise rates at all they just let inflation run wild and devalue all that government debt to get it back down to a manageable level.

I think they will do the same, let inflation run wild and do nothing. Only this time the debt won’t go down because the government won’t try to cut spending and will go hog wild with more spending and stimulus to try to fight fire with fire.

In the 1940s we had massive debt and big inflation. The Fed didn’t raise rates at all they just let inflation run wild and devalue all that government debt to get it back down to a manageable level.

I think they will do the same, let inflation run wild and do nothing. Only this time the debt won’t go down because the government won’t try to cut spending and will go hog wild with more spending and stimulus to try to fight fire with fire.
That’s would be quite the global spectacle. I do agree we are looking more like the 1940’s than any other era. After listening to Lyn Alden for quite a while now I’m convinced.

What a disappointment. Gold started the day with some strength, but it's all evaporated away.
Monday is another day...
...lmk when you want to see gold bust out of this $1800 range. I'll sell 15 minutes before, so the price can double instantly.

What a disappointment. Gold started the day with some strength, but it's all evaporated away.
Monday is another day...
...lmk when you want to see gold bust out of this $1800 range. I'll sell 15 minutes before, so the price can double instantly.

The big banks do NOT want gold closing the month above $1800 so they’re dumping contracts on the market, and they have trillions in Fed funny money to deploy.

Back
Top Bottom