Gold and silver prices are down

What's the thought of the paper silver and gold following suit? Will we see records? Or will Joey B step in and do something to stop the momentum?

I think this is the beginning of the breakout of long term cup and handle formation after 18 months of consolidation of the move to $2070 in 2020.

The first test of that level is very likely to fail, and we may retest $1950 or $1900, but everything looks very bullish for gold and miners. Silver usually lags gold and is not quite as bullish, but if gold breaks out above the all time high, silver will go nuts.

I have to assume some of this is tied to sleepy Joe’s EO that’s about to drop on crypto

I think it’s more of digital assets in general.

Besides the invasion, I think gold if benefiting strongly from all the actions against digital money: the freezing of protester accounts in Canada, the freezing and seizing of Russian assets, and the freezing of Russian central bank reserves. All of this says you can’t trust any digital asset that’s in a bank.

And central banks everywhere realize the US can and will negate your US dollar reserves whenever they feel like it. Gold is the only safe bank reserve.

The move to gold $3000 may come sooner than we expected.

I don't have good stocks... Lol

Small dollars at stake so if i can get my money back that would be good. I have been bag holding for a while.

View attachment 587289

Looks like you had to buy gold stocks that are not OTC - my TD Amerttrade is like that, they charge me for OTC trades which sucks. Fidelity doesn't so I can buy small amounts of OTC stocks.

USAS is no longer recommended by my newsletter guys, due to issues with their sites, and the fact that developers in general have been hurt by oil going up while the gold price stays stagnant. So the cost of building a mine is going way up without the benefit of higher gold. That's changing now, which is why USAS and other developers are shooting up in price. I'd hold onto that since they will benefit greatly from higher gold.

GSV I own, that's a decent company, definitely hold onto that one, also SILJ - that one has bottomed and should be moving up.

Can anyone help me understand how this legislation has any teeth at all?

It prevents Americans from buying or selling gold from Russia. Ok... fine. But what about India, China and many other countries who buy large volumes of gold? Won't they buy it? How the hell does this hurt Russia at all?

Inquiring minds want to know why our politicians bother with BS legislation. Aren't there better things to do, like get the Keystone pipeline back open???

JFC

It prevents Americans from buying or selling gold from Russia. Ok... fine. But what about India, China and many other countries who buy large volumes of gold? Won't they buy it? How the hell does this hurt Russia at all?

Inquiring minds want to know why our politicians bother with BS legislation. Aren't there better things to do, like get the Keystone pipeline back open???

JFC

I think they're trying to drive gold past $2070 resistance.

Seriously though, I'm sure they're expecting other countries to follow suit to ban gold trading with Russia. It's similar to oil, yes they can sell it to China, and this will be great for China who will get multi-year sweetheart deals on oil and gold out of this. It'll probably drive up the price of gold as it has oil.

On the plus side, Washington can look like they're doing something.

JFC

Further isolation of the US. Guaranteed to happen.

Buying opportunity. I'd be happy to see it go lower so I could buy more but I don't feel like there is much chance of that happening. I don't know how much more money is really going to flow into NFTs, digital tokens, metaverse real-estate and other fanciful things.

I wouldn’t mind if it pulled back once or twice before it goes up any more. I need to buy a little more once I get into my new house.

That's the spirit!

The chart for gold looks fantastic. A retest of support is a good thing (assuming it doesn't fail lol). It builds a longer-lasting bull market. There is not much support at $2000 since we blew through it fast in 2020 and 2022. The major support is at $1950 and $1900.

Looks like $2000 is the new $1900.
Was just looking at that and thinking the same thing. No cease fire, Russia looking at alternative options wrt energy war, the Fed commitment to a rate hike, and uncertainty abounds.

Btw did I hear correctly that Powell blamed inflation on Congress/Fed, disagrees with the Davos crowd, and might get super hawkish if the midterms flip red?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom