Gold and silver prices are down

I think the Chinese market crash has finally hit precious metals. Probably will go down a lot more since China's stock market slide shows no signs of stopping. And when margin calls start it'll get really ugly. For some reason China hasn't really started up the margin calls, probably another effort to stop the crash.

Anyone's crystal ball have an opinion on what will happen to PMs when the Greece shit show hits the fan?

I don't think it'll affect metals that much. When people thought the Fed was raising rates soon, silver and gold were going down, now that the Fed rate rise seems put off til December or later, silver and gold should be going back up, but I think the China selloff is what's hurting prices now. Greece has had almost no effect on metals the last week.

I just had to cancel an Apmex eBay order I placed 15 minutes ago. The price for 20 SE's went up $20 from the advertised price, when I checked out. I ordered 40. That would have been $40 more than i was initially going to pay. Glad I looked at the final price.
Gotta be quicker next time.

[smile]
Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry. APMEX Bullion Center does not offer cancellation policy. Our management has cancelled your ebay order for one time exception only. Please allow 1-3 business days for refund to be processed via Paypal. ‘

Thank you and have a good day!

APMEX Bullion Center on eBay Customer Service

Be patient man, it's not a good price even at $364. I'm itchy too but waiting.
Not a fantastic price. I've bought higher and lower. I just don't like not being charged the price I entered into the transaction expecting to pay. [wink]

Gold 1 oz American eagle for $1211. These US coins never qualify for Ebay bucks, at least from Apmex, so I think it's a good price if you want an Eagle instead of a Maple Leaf or world coin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14152342436...&utm_campaign=2015-7-10-eBay-2-product-offers

And if you're desperate, silver Maple Leafs (25) for $453. Silver seems too high over spot right now, maybe cause the US mint announced it's sold out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12153204467...&utm_campaign=2015-7-10-eBay-2-product-offers

I thought what you kept in a safe deposit box was your business and your business alone (barring plutonium and yellow cake).

I believe the IRS and maybe others can get at it with a judicial order. Not sure how it would play out in a crisis over here though, but at minimum I'd have a hard time trusting a place that can lock the front door and only let you in when they decide they want to, or when the government decides they can reopen and on what terms.

I think the legends of the feds confiscating stuff out of safe boxes back in the 1930s are all BS though.

Maybe this was posted, just in case:
I like http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-20-Coi...087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aecfe94af

IMO, Better than APMEX:
they go as $5-12 less per a 20Oz pack when compared to APMEX

they ship with FedEx express (rather than USPS standard)- USPS likes leaving notes in the mailboxes to later be picked up at the post office, while FedEx actually delivers whatever package it is, to our door.

Back
Top Bottom