Gold and silver prices are down

Dumb question. How do you assure yourself that the sealed monster box of silver coins is not a box of rocks. Does a monster box loose value if you open it?

Never bought a monster box, so I would not know. I'm not a big buyer, but when I do I prefer Dos Equix, seriously though: If you buy from a reputable dealer and it's US mint coins, they usually arrive in 20 coin plastic boxes, they would not lose value unless they get physically damaged, that's all I know.

I believe the IRS and maybe others can get at it with a judicial order
If it's a jointly held box, you have to sign a form attesting that all box owners are alive. If it goes to probate, I believe the box has to be opened in the presence of someone appointed by the court who will take inventory.

Not an ebay deal, but THIS deal from JM Bullion isn't bad, 20 - 1.25 oz silver Canadian silver bison for 436.50 for a total of 25 ounces. (wire or check price).

Last edited:
$379? That's like $4 over spot!

Yup, APMEX is even pricier, but, the above is the cheapest I found on Ebay, for 2015 1Oz Eagles.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll jump right in when it hits the $700 mark [laugh]

Capture1.jpg

Yup, APMEX is even pricier, but, the above is the cheapest I found on Ebay, for 2015 1Oz Eagles.

I'll jump right in when it hits the $700 mark [laugh]

Yeah, I think it's cause the US mint is out of stock, so prices are high.

There are billions in cash ready to buy gold at $1100, and $1000 and $900 and $800. Not sure you'll get your $700 price. Production cost is around $1100 if I remember.

Interesting points in this article, and explains why physical gold prices are still high despite the dropping spot price:

“We have a peculiar world where the physical market is seeing very strong buying, but a large leveraged speculator is selling at these prices.”

The selloff comes on a day when the People’s Bank of China published its gold reserves for the first time in roughly six years. As of June, China’s official gold reserves were at 53.32 million ounces, or 1,658 metric tons. The last reported figure in April 2009 was 1,054 metric tons, according to Norman.
“The figure published by the PBOC is roughly half the market consensus on what we had thought they had accumulated,” said Norman. “As such, this is very, very bullish for gold.”

“our Asian colleagues will continue to acquire while the West continues to divest. Who is right we shall only know in the longer term,”

The author thinks some big player today is trying to drive the price down illegally.

“No one dumps that much of a commodity that quickly to get the best price,” he said. “Their intended purpose is purely to drive the price down. It’s outright manipulation that wouldn’t be allowed in any other market.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-hovering-near-8-month-low-2015-07-17?siteid=yhoof2

Last edited:
Interesting points in this article, and explains why physical gold prices are still high despite the dropping spot price:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-hovering-near-8-month-low-2015-07-17?siteid=yhoof2

Yeah, that's pretty much known.
There are forces placing silver and gold in an unnatural place. I think at this point, there are tens of reports out there showing how all types of entities use dirty (I should illegal) tricks to keep PM at a certain price.

BullionExchanges has rolls of 2015 Canadian Silver Maples for $441.00 (check/wire) or $456.99 (CC) with free shipping, LINK

Forgot to add that it is one of their limited time deals and ends in about 14 hours from now which is about 7:00pm EST.

Last edited:
Apmex has them for $452 as well. I don't think it's a good price unless you're desperate for your silver fix. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121532044678?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Yeah I saw that, but I do like the lower price with the check option. I'm usually not in a rush so I don't mind waiting till my check gets to them.

I actually just received 2 ebay deals from APMEX:
First 1oz Gold Maple Leafs for $1,168.99 and the second is Roll of Silver Philharmonics for $343.60

Last edited:
$379? That's like $4 over spot!

I value silver eagles over simple bullion and will pay a small premium for the resale value. there has been a lot of counterfeit bullion scams on ebay with non standard coins/bars and the US Mint still has <some> positive reputation.

Yeah I saw that, but I do like the lower price with the check option. I'm usually not in a rush so I don't mind waiting till my check gets to them.

I actually just received 2 ebay deals from APMEX:
First 1oz Gold Maple Leafs for $1,168.99 and the second is Roll of Silver Philharmonics for $343.60

Yes, just got that too, finally, some good deals! My email has five deals but I think those two are the best.

There's a Britannia and an Austria coin that qualify for Ebay bucks, but only $23 (2x) right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12162916855...&utm_campaign=2015-7-17-eBay-5-product-offers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12159515834...&utm_campaign=2015-7-17-eBay-5-product-offers

- - - Updated - - -

I value silver eagles over simple bullion and will pay a small premium for the resale value. there has been a lot of counterfeit bullion scams on ebay with non standard coins/bars and the US Mint still has <some> positive reputation.

The eagles are $2.09-ish over spot on a regular basis from APMEX.

only wish the 5x ebay bucks deal was today as well. would have been a friggin slickdeal

July is a Spend your Ebay Bucks month, they don't usually have 4x or 5x deals during those months. I feel like we'll see better deals next month, and gold just broke support.

I think I'll buy the silver cause as you said I never see Ebay bucks for silver coins.

Back
Top Bottom