Gold and silver prices are down

APMEX has a "48 BLOWOUT SALE" going on right now (2 hours remaining). At the moment it looks like the sale is on a few 5 oz rounds at only $19.99 over spot per round. That doesn't sound like much of a deal, but they're making it sound like you need to hurry up and buy. On eBay I'm seeing rolls of ASEs for ~$376 which works out to about $4.10 over spot at current prices.

My buying finger is getting itchy.
Neither of those 'blow out' deals blow my skirt up. I'm content to sit back and watch the prices continue to fall

Last edited:
Their stock bubble is popping, their economy is stagnating, and they are trying to compete as a global reserve currency... And are stacking A LOT of Gold! http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...dings-57-one-month-first-official-update-2009

Their new buddies in Russia are stacking too.

22-07-2015_1.png

Neither of those 'blow out' deals blow my skirt up. I'm content to sit back and watch the prices continue to fall

Yeah. I'm kind of waiting for a "good deal" to start in on my PM collection. Once I've busted my cherry I'll start buying more regularly using the tried and true dollar cost averaging idea. The first time should be special, right.

I got in about a year ago. I'm in for the long haul and don't really care where prices go short term. It's my hedge against hyper inflation and SHTF financial meltdown, not really for short term speculation. I'm in the negative right now but it's fun to watch how the paper prices are being manipulated. It's unsustainable and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst. In the meantime the 401K and IRAs are holding up fine. Diversification saves a lot of worry in the crazy financial markets like we have today. The whole thing is a mess

Last edited:
Is this online? Be specific as to what to get, and why.

I only shop Ebay for now, and mostly APMEX. If I see any deals I'll post them here, not seeing any at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to wait until next week to buy anything. Sad face.

This is good - gold is in free fall, don't try to catch a falling knife. It's dragging silver down with it.

Even with the prices dropping, there don't seem to be much deals on ebay, etc. Boston Bullion has their gold eagles & buffalos @ $1166 right now. Maples are $10 less, and Krugerrands and $5 less. Cash & Carry.

paper prices are dropping but the premiums are rising

Is this similar to gas dropping but a given station just filled their tanks at a higher price so their prices don't reflect the new market value? If we wait a week will the premiums come back down and the actual cost of coins will drop?

Gold Price Per Ounce $ 1,095.91

Anyone seeing any great deals out there? I'm considering getting in at these prices.

I would recommend not to buy 1oz gold. If you are saving this for SHTF of for future barter, 1oz gold would be the equivalent of walking around with one $10,000 bill in your pocked these days, who's gonna give you any change ?
If it's for short term investment, I get the idea, but for SHTF type of barter - bad idea, IMO.

1/4 Oz coins or even better, - 1/10oz coins make much sense, also, this means that for as much as $132, you're in the gold business :)
Of course, you can get more bang for you $ if you go with a full ounce, but think what are you buying it for first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-1-10-T...389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f3404e9d

I would recommend not to buy 1oz gold. If you are saving this for SHTF of for future barter, 1oz gold would be the equivalent of walking around with one $10,000 bill in your pocked these days, who's gonna give you any change ?
If it's for short term investment, I get the idea, but for SHTF type of barter - bad idea, IMO.

1/4 Oz coins or even better, - 1/10oz coins make much sense, also, this means that for as much as $132, you're in the gold business :)
Of course, you can get more bang for you $ if you go with a full ounce, but think what are you buying it for first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-1-10-T...389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f3404e9d

You can get them cheaper than that!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331552798907?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I would say that 1oz gold is still a great long term SHTF investment for large bartering, fractional gold is good too but silver is actually the best for smaller bartering...but that's just me. Everyone has a different view of it

Last edited:
This looks good to me but will defer to the forum. $40 over spot for an Australian coin (not round). good deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PRI...583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c5020ca97

Don't think I'll buy it though, waiting for some spot or below deals with cashback, probably next month. I don't think the gold rally's gonna happen any time soon (since that'll require some inflation or Fed action to happen).

Still hoping for some silver deals. :(

Last edited:
You can get them cheaper than that!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331552798907?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I would say that 1oz gold is still a great long term SHTF investment for large bartering, fractional gold is good too but silver is actually the best for smaller bartering...but that's just me. Everyone has a different view of it

Is that vendor reputable?

I agree, gold is really for hyperinflation protection, not for bartering. I think we've witnessed recently how the electronic gold and physical gold markets can be very different. It's not a stretch to imagine the price disconnecting.

is a 1910 silver Liberty head dime or and 1867 shield nickel worth anything? I see someone selling the 1910 for $5 and the 1867 for $15.

He's also selling a 99 Susan B Anthony silver dollar for $5.liberty silver dollar $2

2 Silver dimes ('43 and '62) $1 each

3 wartime nickels $1 for all

5 indian head pennies (1892 1902 1902 1907 1908) for $7

2 1923 silver dollars for $14

4 silver half dollars for $7 ('42,43,52,63)

Worth it to buy all at a discount?

Last edited:
1oz is an excellent size to buy gold in for investment purposes; not that great for bartering after an apocalypse. You need to decide which is more likely - cashing out on an investment or bartering when the US has gone several steps beyond Greece.

Back
Top Bottom