Gold and silver prices are down

Oh good I read both articles. Now I have to buy silver cause it's going to $100/oz but then I cam sell it cause gold will be at $350/oz.

Irrational markets driven by irrational investors.

$344 for 20, $2.50 over spot, is this a good price? Seems like the Ebay deal for Eagles for $347 was a better deal, and allowed CC payment?

It's a great deal. $2.50 over spot, any quantity, with free shipping is about the best you will find on govt coins. That deal on Eagles would be great too if you could still find it.

Kicking myself over that tube of Maples I just bought. This is a nice deal.

I just got my first two-kids-in-college tuition bills, so my days of spending money on PMs may be over for a few years. Crossing my fingers that #3 gets a full ride for next year.

Yeah, I bought some silver eagles last week with that $15 coupon JM gave me. Should have waited. Have to wait until Sept 1 to buy again, unless these get super low because of the pullback right now....

Ebay has 4x ebay bucks today and tomorrow starting at 11 AM today. That'll get you about $95 on these gold coins which aren't in the bullion category:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-World...=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=apmex, mcm&_dcat=256&rt=nc

If you buy make sure you get the 1 oz coins, not the 0.98 oz Austrian Corona.

Sometimes Apmex combines this with special prices, I'll probably wait for that.

PS Ebates is now offering 1% cashback on coins (I've got that before, I think it works on any coins, not just bullion, but can't remember).

Last edited:
what are people's opinions on Scottsdale stackers? I see them on Apmex, is it better to just stick with ASE? I am new to this.

Ebay has 4x ebay bucks today and tomorrow starting at 11 AM today. That'll get you about $95 on these gold coins which aren't in the bullion category:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-World...=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=apmex, mcm&_dcat=256&rt=nc

If you buy make sure you get the 1 oz coins, not the 0.98 oz Austrian Corona.

Sometimes Apmex combines this with special prices, I'll probably wait for that.

PS Ebates is now offering 1% cashback on coins (I've got that before, I think it works on any coins, not just bullion, but can't remember).

I finally signed up for eBay Bucks. With the link you provided there is no showing of the Bucks on the search page. Once you click on an item, you can see that you will earn bucks. Is there a way to show how many bucks you'll receive on the search screen? A quick google search yielded no answers to this.

Thanks

I finally signed up for eBay Bucks. With the link you provided there is no showing of the Bucks on the search page. Once you click on an item, you can see that you will earn bucks. Is there a way to show how many bucks you'll receive on the search screen? A quick google search yielded no answers to this.

Thanks

First you have to enable Ebay's emailings - it's in account settings - communication settings - promotions and surveys. You have to have "general email promotions" checked, in order to get the 4x/5x Ebay bucks emails.

If you didn't get the email you're probably not eligible, since 4x has to be activated. Go to the main Ebay page and look for the big "4x Ebay bucks" banner - try to activate it. If it doesn't work, it's cause you didn't get the email promotion.

Once it's activated, you may still have to click "Buy it now" to see the correct Bucks amount. If you don't see the correct amount, don't buy it.

Thanks for the info. I updated my preferences and I am waiting on the promo e-mail to enable the 4x.

Found this at SlickDeals - http://slickdeals.net/f/8022309-earn-4x-ebay-bucks-on-qualified-item-of-100-or-more-targeted-ymmv

"If you are qualify, you will see the middle banner about it on ebay.com"
"Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable."

Thanks for the info. I updated my preferences and I am waiting on the promo e-mail to enable the 4x.

Found this at SlickDeals - http://slickdeals.net/f/8022309-earn-4x-ebay-bucks-on-qualified-item-of-100-or-more-targeted-ymmv

"If you are qualify, you will see the middle banner about it on ebay.com"
"Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable."

You won't receive this offer (but check to see if you can activate it), you should get the next one. Some people still don't get offers, but I always get them if my promotion box is checked. They have these 4x or 5x offers every week or two.

Has anyone bought monster boxes of eagles. There does not seem to be a real discount over purchasing in 20's or 100's

I want to get going on this but there are so many options. The large boxes kind of kill the dollar cost averaging aspect of it but silver is pretty low right now. I know trying to time the market is a fools game. Looking for opinions

Thanks

My opinion is, if you can find ASE's in the $2-$2.50 Premium range and free shipping go with those.
If not, any major mint house with say $0.79 (or less) over spot per Oz would be better.
Now that ASE's are being minted again the premiums should come back down...or not. [wink]

Thanks for the info

Click My Ebay then look under the BUY section. It will show your Ebay Bucks total. It won't show how much you are slated to earn (you have to click on it to see that).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 191
Has anyone bought monster boxes of eagles. There does not seem to be a real discount over purchasing in 20's or 100's

I want to get going on this but there are so many options. The large boxes kind of kill the dollar cost averaging aspect of it but silver is pretty low right now. I know trying to time the market is a fools game. Looking for opinions

Thanks

Silver will will always be priced at spot+a premium, regardless of quantity. You may find a smaller per oz premium with large quantities, but you'll go nuts looking at 100s of offerings in order to save a few bucks. It's not a "get rich any time soon", game. It could be, but don't count on it.

Spend what you're comfortable spending, and don't overthink it. Treat it as a casual hobby (because you like the look and feel of it?), with no goals in mind.

Silver will will always be priced at spot+a premium, regardless of quantity. You may find a smaller per oz premium with large quantities, but you'll go nuts looking at 100s of offerings in order to save a few bucks. It's not a "get rich any time soon", game. It could be, but don't count on it.

Spend what you're comfortable spending, and don't overthink it. Treat it as a casual hobby (because you like the look and feel of it?), with no goals in mind.
Thanks, I certainly was not looking at any sort of get rich quick scheme. I was just wondering if I should buy a monster box and forget about it for a year or buy a couple 20 coin rolls a month. I just thought it was odd that there is not much savings per coin buying 500 coins as opposed to 20.

Thanks, I certainly was not looking at any sort of get rich quick scheme. I was just wondering if I should buy a monster box and forget about it for a year or buy a couple 20 coin rolls a month. I just thought it was odd that there is not much savings per coin buying 500 coins as opposed to 20.

i have the same problem with XM193.

Back
Top Bottom