Gold and silver prices are down

Can anyone provide me (and everyone else) an A+ LCS in the Grafton/Worcester area? I'm looking to see how face to face transactions are...BTW do I need an FA-10 for the FTF...lol

Not sure what LCS means, but I suggested a group of people here go in together on a purchase to save a few bucks, then divvy it up at someone's house or a restaurant or an "NES get-together" or something.

What is the dust on this that appears to be all over this? It looks to me like it was carved out of foam, and there bits of it everywhere, including on the table. If enbloc says its supposed to look that way, OK fine, assuming the dimensions and weight are correct. But it looks really strange to me. Doesn't look anything like the way silver tarnishes. I would expect a smooth surface, but possibly with some black tarnish.

If you hit with compressed air, would that dust fly off? Or is it stuck to it, like rust would be?

The dust was actually ash. This bar was found in the metals separator in a trash incinerator. It's in my possession now, and in the box.

Amazing the stuff found in a trash incinerator......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked pricing for my bi-weekly purchase of 5x 1oz ASE's and it looks like the price jumped 10% since yesterday.
Am I seeing things or has the stock market tank affected PM already?

I just checked pricing for my bi-weekly purchase of 5x 1oz ASE's and it looks like the price jumped 10% since yesterday.
... has the stock market tank affected PM already?

... how the gold and silver markets react to the stock market ... Market was down yesterday and silver was up, as I would expect. The market TANKED today and silver went down, not up.

These posts were within 6 minutes of one another. One says down, one says up and down.

Enough said?

You need to watch the trend charts. Chasing the day-to-day price is a fools game. Watch 30,60,90 day charts and yearly charts to get a better sense of where prices are headed.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

this...

i bought SE's this week and the guy i bought them off told me that he hopes the price goes up for me. i told him that i hope they're still in my safe when i die. buying/selling on the short term can be profitable, i won't disagree with that...but there's better/easier ways to do it.

the best thing that could ever happen to my PM's is that I forget I even have them...otherwise, i will have NEEDED them, and I don't want that.

Thinking of trading some firearms for PM's. Have you seen this done here? How would i do this? Any suggestions?

Yeah that's a tough one.

It might work if it were the other way around. PM's for firearms.
You wouldn't get much luck or exposure in the classifieds but you are green so I don't think your circumventing any rules by soliciting folks in this thread where the PM players are. Might ask a Mod.
Of coarse this is a survival/preppers forum and I've found in the past when I associate PM's as a "regular" everyday monetary item people have different views towards it.

I guess I'd start by divulging what you're interested in offering up?

ETA: Perhaps write something in your signature? That's one method folks on here have solicited in the past.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out how the gold and silver markets react to the stock market and I don't know yet. Market was down yesterday and silver was up, as I would expect. The market TANKED today and silver went down, not up.

There are a lot of factors. Gold and silver don't follow each other, for one thing. This is cause gold is more popular among the 'flight to safety' crowd. So gold is much more volatile, and can go in the opposite direction of industrial metals like Cu, iron, etc.

If you look at the crashes of 2001 and 2008, gold took a beating - so I think the same will be true of this one. You'll get that initial flight to safety, but as people start to losing tons of money in the market, they'll no longer have the funds to buy gold, and might even have to sell gold to cover debts.

the Fed is the real wild card - another QE announcement might drive up gold for good, as the Fed throws in the towel and stops pretending they're anything but a bubble machine.

I've got to say I've never been bored so long with this PM stability. It's like gambling for me. I love watching the market and values fluctuate. It's half the fun but they've been so stable I find myself not monitoring it as frequently. Even with the Dow plunging you'd think PM's would sink or swim but no. Strange.

In other news, say one were to find about 100 of these suckers? My wife and SIL have been cleaning their parents basement since their father passed (he was a bit of a controlled hoarder, meaning his wife limited his space lol), and found 100 silver uncirculated Eisenhowers (various years, various sealing).
6fe3c29196f407bc6b4cef6a2c03b3ea.jpg

d3cf1b774cd3990b5ebb9194a20df06f.jpg

40% silver gives BV (bullion value) of $4.62 each (spot x 0.3162 oz), but I'm willing to bet numismatic value is much better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm starting to wonder if gold and maybe silver might bottom soon.

Normally if the stock market crashes, PMs go down with it, at least initially.

But this time, the Fed is going to quickly step in with QE and other stimulus, which may drive up metals. Since this stimulus is likely to be unending, gold and silver may go up for good.

This could happen as early as tomorrow, imo - the Fed doesn't have much time to interfere before it's too late.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom