Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRIDGEWATER

My mother was just given a class A permit with no restrictions and no hassle from the BPD.

Thought I'd let you all know as Bridgewater is on the yellow list.

Worcester, MA - I received an LTC-A Restrictions: None
Took the basic firearms class in July of last year. Was able to apply for the license about a month or two afterward, and I was told 8-10 weeks. Finally received the license on 11/14/11. Overall took about 4 months to obtain the license.

Worcester, MA - I received an LTC-A Restrictions: None
Took the basic firearms class in July of last year. Was able to apply for the license about a month or two afterward, and I was told 8-10 weeks. Finally received the license on 11/14/11. Overall took about 4 months to obtain the license.

Unrestricted in Worcester? That's great. Any special circumstances?

Unrestricted in Worcester? That's great. Any special circumstances?
Not really. Possibly because I had a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) out of Washington State also? I let them know that I am a laboratory manager, and I deal with precious metals and petty cash. I never was able to specifically request no restrictions, but they gave it to me.Which is fantastic! I didn't think Worcester would allow it for a first time applicant who had just moved to the state. Plus I'm only 23! [shocked]

Not really. Possibly because I had a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) out of Washington State also? I let them know that I am a laboratory manager, and I deal with precious metals and petty cash. I never was able to specifically request no restrictions, but they gave it to me.Which is fantastic! I didn't think Worcester would allow it for a first time applicant who had just moved to the state. Plus I'm only 23! [shocked]

It's most likely due to you having to deal with the metals and cash If I had to guess. Worcester pretty much doens't issue unrestricted LTC's without very good reason/compelling circumstances.

~SW

Yup. We're seeing strong evidence that Worcester is loosening up. I think they finally decided it just wasn't worth fighting over something that's so inconsequential.

Yup. We're seeing strong evidence that Worcester is loosening up. I think they finally decided it just wasn't worth fighting over something that's so inconsequential.

Plus, the chief is having his job questioned big time right now. The last thing he needs is another group against him writing to the city council. (KEEP WRITING!)

Pittsfield, MA
9 Weeks 1 Day
LTC A Restrictions: None

Interview - 2/16
Check Cashed - 2/29
Received In Mail - 4/20

They failed to activate my LTC in MIRCS. Going on Monday to correct this.

All these 'green' cities and towns are starting to aggravate me! Congrats though! Time to go shopping!

ive been waiting 10 weeks 1 day still no word from pd im in watertown this is just rediculous

Ten weeks is getting into what has traditionally been shown to be the obstructed application. Have you inquired as to the status of your application and, if so, what were you told.

Note that the old days of calling the FRB to find out if your PD even submitted your application are long gone. Not only is the FRB running with greatly reduced staff, but security regulations prevent providing licensing informationto total strangers over the phone. A written inquiry from you or your attorney would be required to find out what the timeline for your applicaion is, which would tell you where the delay really was.

Ten weeks is getting into what has traditionally been shown to be the obstructed application. Have you inquired as to the status of your application and, if so, what were you told.

Note that the old days of calling the FRB to find out if your PD even submitted your application are long gone. Not only is the FRB running with greatly reduced staff, but security regulations prevent providing licensing informationto total strangers over the phone. A written inquiry from you or your attorney would be required to find out what the timeline for your applicaion is, which would tell you where the delay really was.

i was told they are waiting for my fingerprints to come back and the srgt will call me for a 2nd interview for idk what but this is bs some one needs to do something about this state and citys having power that they are abusing

Jesse im going to call you tomorrow morning ok

today i spoke to jesse cohen esq hes going to help me probono and talk to the pd for me and see if he can help speed up the proses thank you for your help jesse

ive been waiting 10 weeks 1 day still no word from pd im in watertown this is just rediculous

How long did it take them to print/photo/process you? I'm going on 3 weeks now since dropping off my app and haven't heard a thing yet (and I've called 2 times to check).

I'm from a different town BTW (a supposedly green town).

How long did it take them to print/photo/process you? I'm going on 3 weeks now since dropping off my app and haven't heard a thing yet (and I've called 2 times to check).

I'm from a different town BTW (a supposedly green town).

they did everything when i did the app 9 weeks ago so im not sure why ur pd didnt do ur prits and photo ect the same day

I had called my PD at the 5 week mark and was told that the still hadn’t gotten my prints back or my DMH check back, told me to call in a couple weeks. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks and I'm debating on giving them another call. Seems a little bit ridicules to me that someone without even a speeding/parking ticket, with a completely clean record, would take 5 weeks for a background check, but what do I know?

I had called my PD at the 5 week mark and was told that the still hadn’t gotten my prints back or my DMH check back, told me to call in a couple weeks. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks and I'm debating on giving them another call. Seems a little bit ridicules to me that someone without even a speeding/parking ticket, with a completely clean record, would take 5 weeks for a background check, but what do I know?

You'd be surprised. If you haven't called in 2 weeks I would definitely be placing a call first thing in the morning to find out something. Hopefully you live in a green town, even though at times, I am sure they have their moments. [thinking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom