Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waltham should be changed to Green, based on admission by Capt. Russo.

While the chief uses discretion to issue licenses, the department has recently made changes to its policy regarding restrictions placed on licenses.

Russo said that in previous years, the department would place limits on a new license, such as those used for target shooting, hunting, or for a job that could put someone at risk.

“Pretty much everyone who applied got restrictions,” he said.

This year, Russo said, the department is generally granting licenses without restrictions and allowing people to carry firearms for all lawful purposes.

“We don’t have restrictions just for restrictions sake,” he said.

Russo said MacPherson chose to loosen the restrictions to act in accordance with what other local police chiefs are doing in terms of licensing.​

Any one else have this article in their local paper?

9be70b44404dab6e7efe450aac54ba50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These articles are showing up on all the "Wicked Local".com sites.
taht's becasue all the gateway media town papers ran local stories of their communities. All the Mariners on the South Shore had articles. THese are reposted online in the "wicked local" websites.

(BTW.. that is exactly what the Article byline says!!!)

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I figure it bears mentioning. It would appear that Eastham is now fully green. My girlfriend just got her LTC. First term, no restrictions and it took less than 3 weeks from her applying to them handing her the card. I subsequently went in and asked for my restrictions to be removed. They said yes. Today, less than two weeks later, they call and I pick up my shiny new LTC, Restrictions: NONE. Not too shabby.

here's a report on Hardwick PD - Applied for LTC on Feb 24, license issued March 18th. Received it in the mail yesterday. Not a bad turnaround, I was pleasantly surprised to find it yesterday!

here's a report on Hardwick PD - Applied for LTC on Feb 24, license issued March 18th. Received it in the mail yesterday. Not a bad turnaround, I was pleasantly surprised to find it yesterday!

Is it restricted?

This makes me happy. State said mine was issued on 3/14 so I'm hoping it'll be here any day now.

I applied for my LTC in a green town on the 23rd of March. I just called the DCJIS to check on it and they said it was still being processed by the Licensing officer. I thought my license application gets immediately sent to the DCJIS and then they conduct the background check and print the license. Is this not the case?

Cheers,
Username1

Otis is green but the chief has exersized her right to revoke BUT! each time she has done so the revokation was reversed by a judge.
Richmond is green

I applied for my LTC in a green town on the 23rd of March. I just called the DCJIS to check on it and they said it was still being processed by the Licensing officer. I thought my license application gets immediately sent to the DCJIS and then they conduct the background check and print the license. Is this not the case?

Cheers,
Username1

Nope, there is a sticky listing all the steps it goes thru.

It needs to get printed which happens once a week then mailed. Then received by the PD and handled for pickup or mailed out to you.
Well I was "issued" on 3/14 and local PD hasn't received it yet. PD even called FRB to see what was up. Response was it hadn't been mailed yet.

Edit: I didn't mean to come off as flippant to you. Just frustrated overall.

Last edited:
It should be no more than 1 week, but there are still more steps once it arrives at the PD. I suggest reading the sticky.

Thanks, I've read the sticky. Very informative. I'm aware of what needs to happen at PD (activation, pin, etc). My issue here is supposedly it was "issued" on 3/14 and it still hasn't made it way to my local PD. I am confident it isn't there yet, as my wife's came in (unrestricted) a few weeks ago and they got it right out to her. I just don't understand how mine supposedly hasn't been mailed out yet.

FWIW I think Plainville may be going green. The chief removed my restriction upon request. He also commented something about how it's easier to get an ALP LTC since the laws changed last year. Obviously need to hear some first hand accounts from new applicants but it sounds encouraging.

FWIW I think Plainville may be going green. The chief removed my restriction upon request. He also commented something about how it's easier to get an ALP LTC since the laws changed last year. Obviously need to hear some first hand accounts from new applicants but it sounds encouraging.
Probably not so much the laws, but the fear of lawSUITS.

ummm, yeah. The laws didn't technically make it easier to ALP, but they did make the ability to contest it more clear. Maybe thats what he means?

- - - Updated - - -

ummm, yeah. The laws didn't technically make it easier to ALP, but they did make the ability to contest it more clear. Maybe thats what he means?

ummm, yeah. The laws didn't technically make it easier to ALP, but they did make the ability to contest it more clear. Maybe thats what he means? - - - Updated - - - ummm, yeah. The laws didn't technically make it easier to ALP, but they did make the ability to contest it more clear. Maybe thats what he means?

Probably; that was a just a rough paraphrase of a conversation I had about 9 days prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom