GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

I'll hit it tomorrow around noon. Hope it quiets down. Just looking for ammo, cleaning stuff and maybe something stabby.

I went to the motorcycle show in Boston instead of the gun show, sounds like i made the right decision. If u think the admission price at the gun show was excessive I paid $13 to get in WITH a coupon, ($15) without! Maybe tempted to do the gun show tomorrow, glad u had a good day fred. JT

Parked my car at 9am, line was wrapped around the building and was in by 9:30am. I was mainly shopping for preban handgun mags. Not much to choose from this year. I mostly window shopped after giving up on the mags. I saw a Mossberg 930 SPX that was calling my name but it was the pistol grip version which is "too evil" in MA. I hear Dick's sporting goods stores sell them? I gotta swing in to one. Oh well, at least I left only down 10 bucks!!!

As for the bar code dude, i've seen him around at previous shows and I sat with him at my club's new member orientation meeting a couple years back. Don't judge a book by it's cover, very nice dude.

What was up with the table selling the PMAGs?? I also saw way to many "preban" mags that looked like they were made yesterday. My friends and I even had a dealer try to sell us a "Mass Compliant" M&P22 pistol.

Do these people just not know, or do they have balls of steel?

I hope you just used the paper. And then enclose the forms with a nice note saying "Jason, if you want us to use your E-crap, you should at least try to keep it running."
K-DUB said it took her three hours to buy her new 1911-22. Glad I got my buy done early - actually managed to get my fingerprint read in under 5 seconds! That's a new record for me; it usually takes 3+ minutes of rearranging my finger to get the scanner to OK me.

Nazi dude was comical, I bet he sits down to pee.
I assume you're talking about the a**h*** in the SS uniform. I cannot understand what he was thinking to wear that. I'm tempted to wear a big yellow Star of David on my jacket at the next show.

Anyone wear their NES Zombie Response Team hoodies today?
Didn't see a hoodie but IIRC, I think Fooped was wearing his ZRT T-shirt.

What was up with the table selling the PMAGs?? I also saw way to many "preban" mags that looked like they were made yesterday. My friends and I even had a dealer try to sell us a "Mass Compliant" M&P22 pistol.

Some don't care, some have this convoluted explanation of how the AWB really can't ban magazines. Just walk away from them - if you hear a little bell ringing in the back of your mind telling you the deal is too good to be true, pay attention to it.

I'll say Herro if I see you. You may or may not notice me as I probably won't be in your line of sight. I am sub 5' so many "over" look me, including my 6'2" fiancé. lolol

Can't wait to go to the show. Hope there's less of a crowd tomorrow morning.
I don't recall the show being anything like that crowded last time... I'll be in line by 8:15 - 8:30am tomorrow morning, probably with my 15-year-old son... see y'all there!

Don't know/don't care...

I particularly enjoyed seeing some "Glock" 33 rounders.

The only thing I ended up getting was some paracord ... [laugh]

Was nice to fondle some different pistols though... I think I need a pocket pistol (e.g. LC9, BG380...). [wink]

- HP

Last edited by a moderator:
What was up with the table selling the PMAGs?? I also saw way to many "preban" mags that looked like they were made yesterday.

There is some of that stuff at every gun show. Some vendors and many buyers simply don't care. You're an adult, I suspect, and are capable of making your own choices, and it's up to you to err on the side of caution. Suspicious or uncomfortable of (whatever) then don't buy it.

My friends and I even had a dealer try to sell us a "Mass Compliant" M&P22 pistol.

You are aware, that handgun compliance is a dealer problem, not yours? (unless there was some AWB issue like a "large capacity" mag involved with that pistol, but last I knew it was just an M&P clone that fired 22 LR. ) Who cares if it's not on the roster, that's effectively not your problem, legally speaking.

-Mike

Hate to be one of the "do they have it" but didnt anyone see a ruger sr9c under 350 by any chance?

I didn't see any SR9cs there (Although I did see it's .40 counterpart) but that doesn't mean there weren't any. Under $350 is a tall order, considering the gunbroker average for that gun is higher than that. (most are in the high 3s, low 4s. Expecting one in MA or NH for anything less than low 4s, you might as well buy a powerball ticket, you'll have better luck. )

I saw an absolute crapload of LC9s at different dealers.

No Ruger SR1911s to be found, though. At all. If there were any there, they were gobbled up before the show opened or immediately after it opened.

-Mike

I didn't see any SR9cs there (Although I did see it's .40 counterpart) but that doesn't mean there weren't any. Under $350 is a tall order, considering the gunbroker average for that gun is higher than that. (most are in the high 3s, low 4s. Expecting one in MA or NH for anything less than low 4s, you might as well buy a powerball ticket, you'll have better luck. )

I saw an absolute crapload of LC9s at different dealers.

No Ruger SR1911s to be found, though. At all. If there were any there, they were gobbled up before the show opened or immediately after it opened.

-Mike

Thanks. I know four seasons had a few for 324 used, but I think they go out in the same day they come in.

Showed up Sat. Bought a bunch of fiddly bits from the AR guy, a bunch of fiddly bits from the Glock guy, and then got jammed up for 2 hours waiting for MIRCS. My GF purchased a Sig 1911-22LR. Prices as usual were kind of high, but convenient not having to wait for shipping and getting to hold the item in person before making the decision to buy.

I wasn't there at open on sat, but I remember the last Marlboro show before Obama's election in 2008 was an absolute nightmare. What I saw today wasn't anywhere near as bad. However, I didn't show up until 12:30pm or so.

So this is part rant and part gun show question. My LTC expired the first week of the month. I submitted the renewal paper work in NOVEMBER. Still nothing. I spoke w/the local PO who called the state. Green lights all around. The, "Women at the state" says they are, "Just starting on the January renewals" WTF !!! So..... I have an expired LTC. I've never been to a gun show. Will I need to produce a VALID lic to handle a gun ? ( I know buying is out of the question) I realize there is other, "Stuff" to check out but in terms of guns would I be wasting my time ?

So this is part rant and part gun show question. My LTC expired the first week of the month. I submitted the renewal paper work in NOVEMBER. Still nothing. I spoke w/the local PO who called the state. Green lights all around. The, "Women at the state" says they are, "Just starting on the January renewals" WTF !!! So..... I have an expired LTC. I've never been to a gun show. Will I need to produce a VALID lic to handle a gun ? ( I know buying is out of the question) I realize there is other, "Stuff" to check out but in terms of guns would I be wasting my time ?
i was in a similar situation... a) you have a grace period that pertains to continued possession/carry and b) my licensing officer gave me a print out of my new application, signed and stamped, in case I needed to buy anything during the grace period. I didn't actually use it, so don't know if it would have been accepted, but the LEO seemed to think so.

Getting ready for the show, havnt showered in a couple weeks in preparation for the show but I somehow am passing the sniff test, maybe go roll around in the chicken coop for a few minutes [wink]

Individual vendors may or may not 'card' you if you ask to handle a gun - it's their policy that counts.

Back
Top Bottom