GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

That "skinhead" works for the gov and is a member in good standing at Southboro R&G. Having worked with him for the past couple years at the club I'll say he can be a bit eccentric but is a good guy.

He also shoots trap better with a 20" coach gun than most people here can with a Perrazzi custom.

Almost as packed as that failure of a Peabody/Middleton show a few years back. You should have all styled home and let me shop in peace. Lol

Why is it guys selling WWII and German and pre-98 guns always want 50-100% more than blue book??? Grrrr.

I ended up buying a few prebans, some old vietnam era pouches to keep them in, and some jerky...my brother bought some thermite

there was a guy off to the left selling "prebans" for a good price, but they were in way too good condition for me to risk it. He said something about them being rebuilds which made it ok, or something like that. Sorry, but if they look like they just rolled off the assembly line I'm gonna be suspicious.

First, Lets move past the shaved head with that tattoo. I don't see him on here pointing out old, fat, bald guys so let's give him the same NES courtesy.

All I can say is WOW!

This was by far the busiest show I have seen in years.... or possibly ever. I got there at 10:45 and the line was still pretty deep. 2 out of every 3 isles I went down I ran into someone I knew, lots of NES members and old customers. I didn't see many deals nor did I see many people I knew with anything big. I payed $10 to get in with my $1 coupon, $8 on jerky, and $6 on a bottle of Otis Ultra Bore. Typical Marlboro show, worth the 45 minute drive for me. See ya all at the next show.

Well I ended up going today instead of tomorrow and I picked up a sweet 1911 I can't believe nobody else grabbed it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Got there at 12:30 and walked right in, no line. Picked up some ammo and some magazines. Some good deals if you're willing to look and root around a little. I found some PMC M2 30-06 for $10 a box that my buddy bought for his Garand (sorry - no more). I also grabbed some .30 carbine reloads for very short money (also no more).

That "tanker Garand" mentioned in the post above was priced at $1100. Looked very nice but pricey. In fact, all the carbines and Garands were big money.

Person you are referring to as a skinhead def surprised me the first time I saw him at srgc but I have since spoken to him a couple times and seems like a nice kid. Very weird choice of clothing and haircut but to each their own right?
^This: Met him while shooting trap at Mr. Happy's House on the Hill. Seemed like a nice guy.

I went home empty handed - Was tempted with an all original (So far as i could tell) HRA Garand of '54 vintage but the guy wouldn't budge of his asking and it was too rich for an impulse buy. Maybe he'll feel more flexible Sunday noon, but I;m not betting on it.

Last edited:
That was from a moviethat all the hit men where skinheads with a bar code on the back of thier heads.That is one person that should not be around toy guns let alone real ones.

Ok, I should not have given an opinon of the person unless I new him. So if he is on this forum and reads this my apologies.

Lots of over priced guns but I was able to find a pm9 i wanted so im happy. Did anyone else see that creepy skinhead dude with the bar code tatoo on the back of his skinhead? That dude looked like something out of a scary movie.

He looks scary, but he's actually a hell of a nice guy.

I can arrange an introduction, if you wish (and no, it's not me!)

Originally Posted by wildwest
Well I ended up going today instead of tomorrow and I picked up a sweet 1911 I can't believe nobody else grabbed it!

Yes, please share

2012-01-28_17-12-19_569.jpg

2012-01-28_17-11-59_173.jpg

Grabbed it from Match Shot .. they also had a decent used 1911 SC for 650 ish..don't quite remember.

I've wanted a 1911 for a while and happy I finally got one!

Made it there at 3..wasn't to crowded but did have to park far away.

2012-01-28_17-12-19_569.jpg

2012-01-28_17-11-59_173.jpg

Grabbed it from Match Shot .. they also had a decent used 1911 SC for 650 ish..don't quite remember.

I've wanted a 1911 for a while and happy I finally got one!

Made it there at 3..wasn't to crowded but did have to park far away.

Very nice. good grab! [thumbsup]

Yeah Match Shot has some gems once in awhile. I picked up a minty Rem 870 magnum from them at the Lunenburg show awhile ago. I was tempted by that Scandium they had, and also a S&W Model 19....

-Mike

Here is a good one, the state MICRS system went down at 3:30 p.m. and their customer service simply said, well we are having trouble with our server. Asked for permission to use the paper forms and the rep hung up. Ya got to love Ma

I hope you just used the paper. And then enclose the forms with a nice note saying "Jason, if you want us to use your E-crap, you should at least try to keep it running." [laugh]

-Mike

I wonder how many vehicles skidded off of the road when taking the exit for the show coming from the south. The exit still had water that must have been black ice a little earlier. There were at least a few sets of skidmarks right before the curb.

Happy to report no ice. I may or may not have taken that ramp at a brisk pace [laugh]

Did anyone see any sten mags?

I saw a few, they were at the last isle table towards the rear of the building. Not sure of price, or if there were any more at the show since I wasn't looking for them.

Show was decent, got there at 9, line was very very long. Nazi dude was comical, I bet he sits down to pee. No new toys to report here, just some 1911 mags and some ammo.

Went to marlboro. Was my first time going to a gun show. It was a pretty cool experience. Got some Otis gun cleaning supplies, some targets and a leather shell case for hunting.

I was amazed at how many people were there. Went around noon and there were thousands of people.

Any SW MP40c for a good price? If anyone sees please give me a heads up.

I'm pretty sure that there is one listed here in the classifieds.

First, Lets move past the shaved head with that tattoo. I don't see him on here pointing out old, fat, bald guys so let's give him the same NES courtesy.

I'm glad that you said that, as I resemble the latter example! [laugh]

50BMG, Dwarven1 and C-pher good to see you guys again, wish I had more time there to talk, but had to get to Waltham by about 11am.

Back
Top Bottom