GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

I'll be there Sunday morning wearing an IDC Fireams hat... Feel free to stop me and say hello! I don't know many people on this board and wouldn't mind putting a face to your login name

I'll be there Sunday morning wearing an IDC Fireams hat... Feel free to stop me and say hello! I don't know many people on this board and wouldn't mind putting a face to your login name

I'll say Herro if I see you. You may or may not notice me as I probably won't be in your line of sight. I am sub 5' so many "over" look me, including my 6'2" fiancé. lolol

Can't wait to go to the show. Hope there's less of a crowd tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, as they aren't on the EOPs list yet, I was told, but I did see two dealers offering them for sale.

Got in the line at 8:45, wandered around until I couldn't stand the crowds anymore, and left with my $10 ammo box. Deals are few and far between, and seem to be more of a kismet of finding that specific something you've been looking to find for a while.

$10 cans back left. Middle back was $8 or 2 for $15. Picked up a few...

This was my first show and I had a blast! A ton to look at. Some venders were really high but others had great prices! Definitely worth a look!

Hopefully I missed the crowds and tomorrow will be a breeze walking through.

I would have normally been there first thing this morning but was at EC's reloading class all day today at Acme. Now I can be one of those people looking for reloading components at shows.[smile]

Anyone wear their NES Zombie Response Team hoodies today? I'll be wearing mine tomorrow. I remember at one Marlboro show I kept hearing people talking about them wondering who we were.[laugh]

Good time today , in line at 820 , in the door at 850 or so. Got to hang with Knob Creek and Chuck Would . Met c-pher finally . Crowded as heck for several hours . There were deals to be had if you looked for them .

Went in at 2:00 with my boys.
Crowd wasn't bad by then. My young boys could keep up with me atleast.

I saw some Yugo 7.62 x 39 1260 Rnds for $230 ish..
I also saw some gold tiger 1000 Rnds for $250 ish..
I recently got a Saiga 7.62 rifle and I am curious if these are good prices?
Also, the golden tiger says it is Non-Corrosive.. is that 100% true?

Any input... greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Golden Tiger is some of the best 7.62x39 out there and it is non corrosive

That's weird, the NY guys were hawking GT at $220 (plus tax obviously) when I got in there @ 9. they must have jacked up the price once the place got flooded with people. Typical. [rofl]

-Mike

Thanks.
The saiga prices were about what you'd pay at NS or Collectors. The saiga 12's are lower in price than they have been going for.

I may have accidentally got the 2 prices mixed up... Can't remember to be quite honest. I just remember one for $230ish one for $250ish.

Thanks for the feed back. Now I have to run over again for some Golden Tiger.

Here is the stupid question of the day...

What does everyone put in the ammo cans?

Loose ammo?

They seem like they could have multiple purposes.

That was from a moviethat all the hit men where skinheads with a bar code on the back of thier heads.That is one person that should not be around toy guns let alone real ones.

Did you ever talk to this guy ????? You assume he is less capable then you when it comes to firearms. 506 posts.Typical rookie comment. Take a look at some earlier posts about this guy. he is friendly, does not bother anybody.

Here is the stupid question of the day...

What does everyone put in the ammo cans?

Loose ammo?

They seem like they could have multiple purposes.

You can store lots of stuff in ammo cans. The fact that they are sealed also helps ward off rust. So if you throw mags in an ammo can, they will be less likely to rust if stored in a damp area. I also like to store primers in mine, too. Keeps them dry and organized.

-Mike

Since I was in Clinton on other business, I swung by IDC, more for the ability to step up to a gun counter without being pushed aside, stepped on or endure the malodorous cropdusting that was the gun show. it was a pleasure to poke around and look stuff over, all at lower costs than at the show. Heck, they have 2 Garands that were in better shape than anything I saw in Marlborough, at a lower price. I'm still tempted with that tanker version.

Congratulations, your the first gunshow complainer post. Ray you were correct. The gun show rant starts early!

Congratulations, your the first gunshow complainer post. Ray you were correct. The gun show rant starts early!

Fred, If you didn't door bust like I did, though, I would see why he would come to that conclusion. By the time 11:30 am or so rolled around any of the dealers with lots of stuff became so dense with people it was hard to see everything some of the dealers had. I have never seen Marlburrah that mobbed before. I mean it was always busy.. but this was astronomical.

For example, I had to waste at least 5+ minutes just to even -see- the handguns that Pete's was selling, and I more or less quickly looked at them to make sure I wasn't being "one of those" people standing in the way. Then I skipped back to another vendor to look at something again and I had to wait 5 minutes just to get up to the table. Then I got belted with noxious fart gas, at least twice in the space of like 10 minutes. I decided to make a tactical withdrawal at that point to the right side of the auditorium, so I could begin my E&E tactics, lest I get farted upon again. [laugh] By that point I had pretty much seen everything anyways.

Fart gas assault aside, though, it was still worth going. The entry fee is getting steep, though.... I can't believe its up to $11 w/o coupon. That's pretty crazy.

-Mike

I hope you just used the paper. And then enclose the forms with a nice note saying "Jason, if you want us to use your E-crap, you should at least try to keep it running." [laugh]

-Mike

Mike ,
It was such a joke, they actually stopped answering calls. Dealers I spoke to lost out on sales for folks who thought it was the dealer who was just taking to long. We lost 8 sales which is big. We ended up getting permission late in the day, almost 4:30. I felt bad for some folks who really wanted to buy something and had to leave empty handed because of an outdated system .Imagine a state system that only operates on Windows XP!!!!

It was good seeing you today, sorry I could not talk more but as you could see we were very busy. Our total for the day was 31 firearms. Also sold a ton of AK mags and PPSH slings.

I also did my usual give away to a fellow NESer and he drove off with a trunk full of G3 mags.

One big hot item was the Ruger LC9. Sold 9 of them!!

If folks said Hi and I didn't hear you while I was punching the computer I apologize. This was the busiest Marlboro show I have worked in years. But.......I still like New Hampshire shows better.

If you attend tomorrow please stop by and make a point of saying Hi.

Stay tuned I have another Karma coming up for you 1903/1903A3 fans.

To everyone who purchased something from us THANK YOU!!! We are a very small shop and the extra money sure helps.

I also asked folks who purchased a firearm and I was entering their information into MIRCS to donate a buck or two to Comm2A. I collected 21 bucks. Not bad.

Last edited:
Did you ever talk to this guy ????? You assume he is less capable then you when it comes to firearms. 506 posts.Typical rookie comment. Take a look at some earlier posts about this guy. he is friendly, does not bother anybody.

I guess you did not read post 225.

THANK YOU
The Rookie[smile]

Fred, If you didn't door bust like I did, though, I would see why he would come to that conclusion. By the time 11:30 am or so rolled around any of the dealers with lots of stuff became so dense with people it was hard to see everything some of the dealers had. I have never seen Marlburrah that mobbed before. I mean it was always busy.. but this was astronomical.

For example, I had to waste at least 5+ minutes just to even -see- the handguns that Pete's was selling, and I more or less quickly looked at them to make sure I wasn't being "one of those" people standing in the way. Then I skipped back to another vendor to look at something again and I had to wait 5 minutes just to get up to the table. Then I got belted with noxious fart gas, at least twice in the space of like 10 minutes. I decided to make a tactical withdrawal at that point to the right side of the auditorium, so I could begin my E&E tactics, lest I get farted upon again. [laugh] By that point I had pretty much seen everything anyways.

Fart gas assault aside, though, it was still worth going. The entry fee is getting steep, though.... I can't believe its up to $11 w/o coupon. That's pretty crazy.

-Mike

I agree Mike but you know how to go to a gun show. You don't sit back and say " oh I will never bother to push my way up front "or say to guys blocking the tables who are talking about their brother sisters cousins aunt who has the gout hey please move . Its all about experience and you and others here have it. Another offer that folks don't take me up on is if you are looking for something I will gladly go to the dealer and pick it off the rack, bring it back to my table and you can look at it.If you want it I will walk you directly to the sales person and you can buy it. I call it the NES connection. Well NES Green connection. Until all of you have paid to become green to support this forum and all it offers sorry no help.

The Conn. dealer beside us came over and showed me a Century FAL knock off. He wanted me to do the transfer. I said NO its not Ma compliant, he then , and this is not a lie, ripped a fart that I swear I saw smoke. He excused himself and walked back to his area. I got up walked over to him and simply said" you Fing Ahole, you dropped a bomb when I didn't want to transfer a non compliant gun. Answer" I didn't mean it" You are correct folks were just plain gross today. Who do I blame, the jerky guy.[laugh]

Last edited:
For some reason I get put on hold every damn time I go to purchase a firearm..
Not sure why, but that's a whole other thread..

With that said, how do these guys work it out at gun shows.. I pay for something, then they give a call a week or 2 later saying that I can come get the gun??

What about these FA-10's i read about people using to sell guns to others. I have no idea how those forms work, but could I take a new toy home if done on an FA-10 form??

(I believe its called FA-10... you get the idea. [grin] )

For some reason I get put on hold every damn time I go to purchase a firearm..
Not sure why, but that's a whole other thread..

With that said, how do these guys work it out at gun shows.. I pay for something, then they give a call a week or 2 later saying that I can come get the gun??

What about these FA-10's i read about people using to sell guns to others. I have no idea how those forms work, but could I take a new toy home if done on an FA-10 form??

(I believe its called FA-10... you get the idea. [grin] )

Not for dealer sales.

Back
Top Bottom