• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

Lots of over priced guns but I was able to find a pm9 i wanted so im happy. Did anyone else see that creepy skinhead dude with the bar code tatoo on the back of his skinhead? That dude looked like something out of a scary movie.

That guy was right in front of me in line. He was talking about how he builds stuff for the military and seemed like a real nice guy by the way. I think he liked the game Hitman a little too much but hell we all have our quirks. How about the fully decked out Nazi solder guy.... Ah at least I found a good price on a spikes jolly roger stripped lower!

Last edited:
i was in a similar situation... a) you have a grace period that pertains to continued possession/carry and b) my licensing officer gave me a print out of my new application, signed and stamped, in case I needed to buy anything during the grace period. I didn't actually use it, so don't know if it would have been accepted, but the LEO seemed to think so.

Good to have in case you ever have to convince someone you are legal to possess/carry during the grace period.

However your LO is wrong, the MIRCS system will NOT allow you to buy anything on that paper. The last part of the licensing sequence includes the LO (once he gets your plastic card in his hand) ACTIVATING it with the state. Folks have reported being rejected at a dealer WITH the new LTC due to their LO failing to activate it, so paper won't fly. Facts that I verified with Jason Guida personally last year.

The guy selling the hi cap pmags would only sell them to people NOT from mass. I managed to score a couple regular Preban AR mags for 10 bucks each, so I was happy with that.

The guy selling the hi cap pmags would only sell them to people NOT from mass. I managed to score a couple regular Preban AR mags for 10 bucks each, so I was happy with that.

Isn't merely possessing those mags in Ma a felony? Are people really coming from out of state to a gun show in MA to buy full (standard) capacity magazines?

That was from a moviethat all the hit men where skinheads with a bar code on the back of thier heads.That is one person that should not be around toy guns let alone real ones.

That tattoo idea was around long before that movie came out, and perhaps we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and all that.

EDIT: I see you've been beaten up enough, I retract my statement.

Last edited:
Yes, people I know came from Connecticut, where they have to restriction.

It's a felony for the dealer to sell them to anyone without a LTC and a felony for anyone to possess them without a LTC that's a big chance to take especially if I were in Ct I would just order new mags online?

Yes, people I know came from Connecticut, where they have to restriction.

You're wrong (at least on the MA side of the border) but for sanity's sake let's just not go there. It is what it is. If someone doesn't like the merch they shouldn't buy it.

-Mike

Help majorly in need of help right now, if anyof you guys at the show can read this i left my license there yesterday with collectors firearms & militaria,
basically need to see if they have it, could someone get me their cell #? i would hate to drive up there just to be told they dont have it

Screw it i am on my way up, hope they have it sigh

Last edited:
*confused* Um... not that I noticed. Why? Did you unload one like that?

LOL, sorry
No, one of the dealers had a 6 1/2" bbl single six w/ both cylinders for sale. The only catch was it had a broken off screw in the frame above the grip. I considered buying it, but it was at an ok, (not great) price and the dealer wouldn't budge.

I just saw this, let me know if you still need me to do this for you!

Help majorly in need of help right now, if anyof you guys at the show can read this i left my license there yesterday with collectors firearms & militaria,
basically need to see if they have it, could someone get me their cell #? i would hate to drive up there just to be told they dont have it

Screw it i am on my way up, hope they have it sigh

You'll have to look up high! [laugh]

IIRC they usually fly a sign over their tables.

You just said herro!

It was great meeting you!

I eventually found the table. The signs were no help as I could not really see over people's heads... haha. I came away with an extended mag for my P238 and some cajun jerky, mmm

It was awesome meeting some of you today! Thanks to all that came up to say herro [smile]

So how many loaves of bread did you end up with???? lol
Guess i wont make it to the show, got up too late and dont feel like doing the drive.
Someone asked about the motorcycle show,, its in Boston at the seaport convention center,, JT

Yesterday must have been a great day for the vendors. I saw lots of tables and racks that had empty spots and looked like they had been cleaned out. The hyper AR/AK guy that sets up along the back wall had empty bins everywhere. I was trying to sell an SKS so I can scrounge up some cash to cover my moving expenses but no one went for it. Since money is tight right now for me I ended up splitting a cae of GT 7.62x39 with John (inerlogic) who rode up with me today. I did however get a few goodies from some fellow NESrs. Thanks Ash, Fred, and Bj.

Its always good to catch up with NESrs that I don't often see except for gun shows and shoots.

It continuously amazes me how willing gun dealers are to screw other gun people over with some of the prices they put on their firearms. Do they laugh to themselves while pricing things? Is it a game they play to see who can make the biggest profit from some noob with more money than brains? Or...the scariest option...Do they think their prices are competitive?
Gun shows are fun(ny)...

Getting ready for the show, havnt showered in a couple weeks in preparation for the show but I somehow am passing the sniff test, maybe go roll around in the chicken coop for a few minutes [wink]

oh... were you the guy that smelled like fish?
WTF is up with some of these people?

bought some AR "lost parts" from the guy that looks like Drew Carey (nice to meet you Fred!)
and got some beef jerky from the lady that looks like Alec Baldwin....

Ray's like "you know, i never thought of that... but now that you mention it....."

yeh, she totally looks like alec baldwin....

Good day overall. Thanks again Fred for the karma and it was nice to meet you minininjer. I missed out on some good deals but it was just as fun to browse and shoot the shit with people. [smile]

any interesting AK kits / parts? This was the first marlborough show that I've missed in a while. Glad to see people were finding deals and enjoying eachother's company.

Back
Top Bottom