• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun "Buybacks"

Clearly not everyone agrees with your interpretation of the events and their impact on "the gun community."

"Irreparable harm?" "Few pieces of silver?" Hyperbole much?
That's fine if you don't agree, but put up your reasonable argument to back your position.

Saying you disagree with my interpretation means nothing when the anti gunners are steam rolling your rights, and you are willingly providing the fuel for their steam roller.
How ignorant can you possibly be?

No, those photos don't just show up in newspapers, they show up on every internet news site in the country.....those news sites are read by hundreds of millions of people, both gun proponents and gun opponents.

Google "gun buyback article images"

They have a profound effect on people who will work diligently to diminish or eliminate your ability to enjoy your gun hobby/business.

That's fine if you don't agree, but put up your reasonable argument to back your position.

Saying you disagree with my interpretation means nothing when the anti gunners are steam rolling your rights, and you are willingly providing the fuel for their steam roller.

I googled gun buyback articles images, thanks, never saw those before and I'm a news junkie. And that's the point, I haven't seen them and most others haven't either because nobody cares. Many of of the articles headlines state how ineffective guns bans are and the comments sections are decidedly pro 2A.

But since you're the one claiming irreparable harm to the gun community, that they have a profound effect on people who will work diligently to diminish our rights, how about you cite some direct evidence of how gun buybacks have hurt the gun community?

Buybacks are for Pussies...

I won't disagree, but whatever your views are on gun buybacks, I just don't understand the pantshitting. I'm still trying to figure out how they impact anything. Propaganda? So what? What does that do? Google "gun buyback article" the first page of links are stories about how ineffective gun buybacks are. Look at the images and click on the links, basically the same thing. In the past 5 years I have seen maybe 3-4 articles locally about gun buybacks, the turnout was pathetic, mostly all junk & the comments section pretty much ridiculed the entire thing. Does this propaganda make people demand changes in the laws? If so, where/when did that happen? I'd settle for just one example where a gun buyback led to anything significant.

If all of a sudden they make gun buybacks illegal or no one ever turns in another gun at a buyback, will that have any effect on the antis attempts to ban guns?

Yeah, me and a shitload of other people.

I've already provided examples in this very thread of enterprising gunowners who used "buyback" money to fund things like youth shooting clinics, etc. So much so that the "buybackers" have had to rethink their offers. Same as the Houston example. Made them look like fools.

So far, the only people I see damaging the gunowning community are people like you, who disparage those who don't agree with you as "ignorant," claiming they're "irreparably harming" the gun-owning community and comparing them to Judas. Grow up. Reasonable people can disagree, and a shitload of people (by their actions) disagree with you. Live with it.

Here's the first page of results on Faceplant search for "Gun Buyback"

Screenshot 2022-08-06 132848.jpg

Someone please explain to me again about how propaganda works. That was a search on arguably the most anti-gun liberal POS social media site. The whole ghost gun argument just blew up in their faces - they're publicly stating they're no longer going to accept ghost guns which they have now equated to plastic junk toys.

Here's the local news article about the Houston gun buyback (from a Black oriented liberal Houston news site). Look at the pic in the article, bolt action .22s it looks like, one semi, all wood stock rifles. That's some propaganda damage for gun owners for sure. Read some of the quotes, they're comical. What does it matter if ill-informed idiots think they're accomplishing something? How does this affect our rights or legislation? Specific examples please. How would ending gun buybacks do anything to help gun owners? Will stopping or not participating in gun buybacks stop antis from trying to ban guns?

"Almost 200 guns were turned in at a “no questions asked” gun buyback event hosted by the Camillus Police Department and New York State Attorney General’s Office.

People brought 172 unwanted or non-working guns to a buyback event Saturday in exchange for gift cards, according to a news release from the attorney general’s office.

Of the guns collected 91 were long guns, 51 were handguns, 26 were non-working guns, and four were assault rifles, officials said. It did not say if any of the guns collected were ghost guns. 50 pounds of ammunition were turned in as well, officials said.
"

"Almost 200 guns were turned in at a “no questions asked” gun buyback event hosted by the Camillus Police Department and New York State Attorney General’s Office.

People brought 172 unwanted or non-working guns to a buyback event Saturday in exchange for gift cards, according to a news release from the attorney general’s office.

Of the guns collected 91 were long guns, 51 were handguns, 26 were non-working guns, and four were assault rifles, officials said. It did not say if any of the guns collected were ghost guns. 50 pounds of ammunition were turned in as well, officials said.
"
The article doesn’t mention that at least 3 guys 3D printed some stuff to turn in. One made out with $1,225. And that’s with the rule changes caused by mister $21,000 at the previous one in Utica. Another guy got $900 at $25 per autosear, after being hassled by the organizers for possessing illegal items. They’re quite close to arresting someone at a “no questions asked” event which will totally kill any future events.

I don’t have a list of what they brought but some significant percentage of that 172 guns were brought into existence just to drain the NY state budget.

View: https://twitter.com/ricky2a3d/status/1571338016370708480

Last edited:
Another guy got $900 at $25 per autosear, after being hassled by the organizers for possessing illegal items. They’re quite close to arresting someone at a “no questions asked” event which will totally kill any future events.
Interesting.

Every time there's a "buyback" you see rusted old single shot shotguns and a bunch of BB guns thrown into the mix. You want a table top money shot, can't beat the cartel iron, courtesy of holder and Obama.

mexico-drug-cartel-weapons.jpg

This thread reminds me I haven't bought any cheap POS guns to try something new and possibly make a quick buck at a buyback, largely because primers are still MIA for the past 30 months.

Guess I could grab a cheap Iver Johnson or H&R .22 top break and see how long it takes to break.

Wonder if they accept black powder handguns? Been thinking about those pepperboxes Pietta makes, could be fun loaded with birdshot.

Buy-back promoters have no long range visions of their actions-- Don't they realize how badly a person can get cut on the sharpened edge of a gift card?

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns
is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids". Clint Eastwood

Last edited:
Buy-back promoters have no long range visions of their actions
Yes, they do. The goal is to sell the idea that gun ownership is bad per-se, and it is worth spending $$ to disarm the non-criminal element. Once that is accomplished, its on to make buybacks (a misnomer at best) mandatory. It is about taking territory in the culture war wherever they can get it.

Last edited:
“In these cases, the suspect was not arrested, and the suspect should’ve been arrested,” Contee said during a press conference. “The firearm was taken and placed into evidence, however, the suspect was allowed to go free, and that’s just not the way that we conduct business in the Metropolitan Police Department.”
Biggest lie in the piece. The Ravens, Lorcins, HiPoints, and Caniks were placed into evidence. The guns worth anything were pocketed. No arrest=no one to say different.

Wonder if they accept black powder handguns? Been thinking about those pepperboxes Pietta makes, could be fun loaded with birdshot.
They accept all sorts of garbage, even 3d printed "guns" that cost next to nothing to make.

People should sell these morons as much garbage as possible.

The California coastal community of San Luis Obispo has allocated $12,000 for a 'Guns for Groceries' drop-off event, in which Californians who drop off 'assault rifles' will receive a $200 grocery store gift card, while handguns, other rifles and shotguns will be worth $100 each.

1664644719083.png

PRINTING MONEY

Savvy New Yorker earns $21,000 by selling 110 guns he 3D-printed for buyback scheme​

A TECH-SAVVY New Yorker has made a whopping $21,000 by selling 3D-printed guns.

The man, who identified himself as 'Kem', sold 110 guns to the attorney general's office in a buy-back scheme, Futurism reported.

A New York man has sold more than 100 small firearms that he 3D-printed to a buy-back gun program.

A New York man has sold more than 100 small firearms that he 3D-printed to a buy-back gun program.

Earlier this year, the state of New York started a 'Cash for Guns' program that offers at least $200 to anyone who surrenders a gun.

Kem then saw people tweeting about the program while joking that they could 3D-print guns to earn some instant cash.

The tweets inspired Kem to try the scheme out in real life, using a $200 3D printer he'd gotten for Christmas.

"I 3D-printed a bunch of lower receivers and frames for different kinds of firearms," the man said.

This is probably the best part of the article:

"It’s shameful that this individual exploited a program that has successfully taken thousands of guns off the streets to protect our communities from gun violence," the statement read.

The AG office also called the man's scam "greedy" and said that the state has adjusted its gun buyback policies.

"[We wanted] to ensure that no one can exploit this program again for personal gain."

—Well, God forbid you implement a program ripe for the taking. Maybe you should start taking the same approach to welfare.

—I would break position and partially side with this Kem guy because of the above response from the State.

—Gun buybacks have always been a farce and now they’re refusing to take “ghost guns” so now “ghost guns” are going to be even more popular. Solid work.

Last edited:
Seems there's one in Boston today. If I hadn't done the roundtrip to Logan in the rain last night, I might have driven in with an old POS or two.

Seems there's one in Boston today. If I hadn't done the roundtrip to Logan in the rain last night, I might have driven in with an old POS or two.
You could have added it to these POSs.
How many of these guns can members identify?
Tip for future gun buyback participants: remove the accessories (scopes) and sell 'em separately on eBay or Columbia Road for extra cash!
Boston Gun Buyback 2022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom