• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has anyone ordered a Rock River Arms AR15?

They are currently having a sale on their LAR-15 Models and well the way its configured it says it retails for roughly 1,500 and you get it for 1,000. I had one ordered through Northshore Firearms in Middleton as Four Seasons really didn't seem interested in ordering it when I asked. The order was placed on Feb 2nd, and the turn around time is between 4-6 weeks. Now the 9th is going to be 5 weeks and I was just wondering if anyone ordered one and received it sooner, or if I should just wait the full 6 weeks before having Mike call and see where it is.

The reason I bought a prebuilt AR was because its my 1st rifle and I didn't want to build one simply because I am not familiar w/ the process. I would like to learn to shoot on something like this, see what I don't like about it, and possibly build one at a later date. I was told its a pretty good deal by a few people so I said screw it and just went with it. The rifle in question is this one.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=464

Let me know if I made a mistake lol RRA made it MA Legal and it comes with a different stock, but thats what it should look like. I also got the Dominator EOTech mount.

Thanks for the input!

Its a great gun.

RRA makes the most accurate ARs you can buy for the money.

The LAR15 Tactical Operator II that you linked to is currently on special at RRA. Dealer cost is $840. $1000 is a very fair price for such a loaded gun (magpul knockoff stock, nice grip, 2 stage trigger, quad rail, flip up sight)
Their 2 stage trigger is the best reasonably priced kit on the market.

Don

Thanks Don i'm glad I got some reassurance on my purchase from someone on here. I really wish it would just come in already i'm starting to get really impaitent haha

Just to give you a heads up. The wait may be longer than what you were told. I don't know if things have changed but when I ordered a RR arms upper a year or two ago it took alot longer than what I was told.

RRA takes forever, so I wouldn't buy one if you are in a rush.

The gun shops don't like dealing with them because they don't want a 2 month soap opera for one order so they can make like $50 or whatever.

I dunno if this guy is still around, but try calling Pete @ Legaltransfers..... IIRC he's on the NH Seacoast, big RRA dealer. He can get a rifle MA neutered, too. All you have to do is FA-10 it after you bring it home.

http://www.ar15sales.com/

-Mike

Ive got an RRA varmint upper with a 20 inch stainless barrel sitting on top of a skeletonized LAR lower with an RRA two stage trigger. Its plenty accurate for hunting ive done with it. Bought the upper from a member here on NES a couple years ago and never regretted the purchase.

I've owned this upper
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=271

and it was a tack driver. Its comes with an air gauged stainless barrel and a free float tube and retails for around $620. Street price is closer to $600.

It easily outshoots my Colt and LMT. Thats my personal experience.

Google any review of a RRA AR with a stainless bbl (about a $50 upgrade on almost any upper they sell)
and you will find reviewers who are startled by its accuracy.

Finally, the Larson brothers have been active participants in the Camp Perry high power events for years. They provide shooter services and parts. Prior to starting their own company, they worked for Les Baer, producer of perhaps the most accurate reasonably priced ($1600ish) 1911 you can buy.

Their focus has always been accuracy. In fact thats a common complaint among keyboard commandos on arf.com. No tactical pedigree. oh well.

It doesn't have all the tactical checkboxes on the m14carbine.net "grid", but they are well made and accurate for the money.

As to their use of a 1:9 twist, this gives better accuracy than a 1:7 bbl with the 55 and 62 gr bullets that most of us actually shoot.

Last edited:
As to their use of a 1:9 twist, this gives better accuracy than a 1:7 bbl with the 55 and 62 gr bullets that most of us actually shoot.

I bet you think 1:9 is better because 1:7 overspins the 55gr. Any other internet urban legends you want to tell us about?

I've owned this upper
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=271

and it was a tack driver. Its comes with an air gauged stainless barrel and a free float tube and retails for around $620. Street price is closer to $600.

It easily outshoots my Colt and LMT. Thats my personal experience.

Google any review of a RRA AR with a stainless bbl (about a $50 upgrade on almost any upper they sell)
and you will find reviewers who are startled by its accuracy.

Finally, the Larson brothers have been active participants in the Camp Perry high power events for years. They provide shooter services and parts. Prior to starting their own company, they worked for Les Baer, producer of perhaps the most accurate reasonably priced ($1600ish) 1911 you can buy.

Their focus has always been accuracy. In fact thats a common complaint among keyboard commandos on arf.com. No tactical pedigree. oh well.

It doesn't have all the tactical checkboxes on the m14carbine.net "grid", but they are well made and accurate for the money.

....moto, help me out here.

Oh moto is about to take you to school, he's a comp shooter by the way, good luck sparky...nobody knows this better than I, cause moto tore me a new a**hole a few times hahaha

Edit: too late he already started

....moto, help me out here.

Oh moto is about to take you to school, he's a comp shooter by the way, good luck sparky...nobody knows this better than I, cause moto tore me a new a**hole a few times hahaha

Edit: too late he already started

Don't be that guy.

You know the one that stands behind the big guy in a fight running his mouth.

That's great, considering the uppers you linked to are only available in 1:8 twist. [grin]

-Mike

Don't be that guy.

You know the one that stands behind the big guy in a fight running his mouth.

Moto knows technical stuff, and he's a serious shooter....I'm not nearly as experienced in it, not even close.

I'm not being that guy, I don't need to be that guy, but now you're sticking up for someone that went full retard saying 1:9 is a better and more accurate twist rate than 1:7 in everything under 62 gr....which is quite literally the words of a crazy person. Anyone with half a brain knows A) this isn't true and B) RRA has never and will never be anywhere near DD, lmt, etc etc etc.

and for the record, I'm an effin beast

Moto knows technical stuff, and he's a serious shooter....I'm not nearly as experienced in it, not even close.

I'm not being that guy, I don't need to be that guy, but now you're sticking up for someone that went full retard saying 1:9 is a better and more accurate twist rate than 1:7 in everything under 62 gr....which is quite literally the words of a crazy person. Anyone with half a brain knows A) this isn't true and B) RRA has never and will never be anywhere near DD, lmt, etc etc etc.

and for the record, I'm an effin beast

Hhhhh here we go. Not once in my short post did I even come close to sticking up for him. I just hate it when people only open their mouths when someone else has to do the fighting for them. Plus I really don't care how big you are dude get over it. You missed my point.

Last edited:
Hhhhh here we go. Not once in my short post did I even come close to sticking up for him. I just hate it when people only open their mouths when someone else has to do the fighting for them. Plus I could really don't care how big you are dude get over it. You missed my point.

I'm keeping my mouth shut so this thread keeps going.

Back to the OP, patience is a virtue, especially when waiting for mail ordered AR parts & accessories. You'll be fortunate if you get it inside the 6 weeks. A couple years ago, the turn around was MONTHS.

for like $200 more I'd rather get a BCM or Daniel Defense if your looking to spend about a grand. Or as Michael put it, build up your own lower and buy the complete upper. DD, LMT, BCM all blow RRA out of the water for quality. I'f had RRA and thought it was good, but went to the range and had a lot of FTE and double feeds.

Last edited:
ARs brands are like Ice cream.....there's a new flavor every month. I purchased 2 RR ARs from Pete@legaltransfers 4yrs ago and love them both.

OP.....Enjoy your new gun!

for like $200 more I'd rather get a BCM or Daniel Defense if your looking to spend about a grand. Or as Michael put it, build up your own lower and buy the complete upper. DD, LMT, BCM all blow RRA out of the water for quality. I'f had RRA and thought it was good, but went to the range and had a lot of FTE and double feeds.

Care to expand on that a bit?
Did you give RRA a chance to make it right?
What were you shooting for ammo? (wolf maybe?)

Ive owned RRA, LMT and Colt. All ran like clocks if kept lubed (not necessarily cleaned). The RRA was more accurate than the others.

I understand that some look down their nose at them. For my use, as a civilian, my RRA was the most satisfying to own.

Purchased from Pete (legal transfers)-great guy, a RRA,everything went fine.Went with the RRA as I found the stock trigger the best out of the others I looked at.
Happy with my purchase and RRA.

Care to expand on that a bit?
Did you give RRA a chance to make it right?
What were you shooting for ammo? (wolf maybe?)

Ive owned RRA, LMT and Colt. All ran like clocks if kept lubed (not necessarily cleaned). The RRA was more accurate than the others.

I understand that some look down their nose at them. For my use, as a civilian, my RRA was the most satisfying to own.

Kept having FTE and double feeds with any mag I chose. Any and all ammo did it.

The thing was a brand new rifle, properly lubed up. Sent it in, ages to get back, same thing again. Hell, when I was shooting 200yds off hand the thing was still all over the place (16" barrel) went from normal factory loads to hand loads.

Well I didn't mean for this to turn into a whats better than RRA thread, I just merley asked if anyone ordered a RRA Rifle and if the turn around time I was quoted was accurate and if people were happy with thier purchase. I told you my reasons for buying a complete AR from them as I was uncomfortable building my own. I appreciate the comments but this went the complete opposite way it was intended to go. for all those that support the purchase I thank you, and for those who have bad experiences it happens with EVERY brand of ANYTHING out there. With the way things are mass produced there is always going to be lemons. You really should give the company a 2nd chance before you swear never to buy them again etc.

Back
Top Bottom