• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HD.4420 State House and Boston Common Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard $10k mentioned as the cost for expert testimony in firearms cases on other subjects - just assumed that it was the going rate and since you're going to pay to stay out of jail, shopping around would not be in one's self interest.
A couple of points:
- For an expert to fly into Boston, stay at a hotel, eat at fancy restaurants, rent a car and testify gets very expensive.
- Also, known experts like Mas Ayoob, etc. can charge anything they want due to their widely known reputation.
- The question to ask wrt testifying on a nuance of Mass gun law is . . . does this expert really know the specific nuance of Mass gun law?
- I know where my expertise lies and I also know where I do not have the expertise. On pre-ban/post-ban mags, I have first-hand knowledge from Glock's chief legal counsel and regarding Beretta 92 series mags, my expertise came from the former Beretta regional sales rep (and long-time friend). Anything else, and I don't have first-hand knowledge.
- The one criminal case I did testify as an expert witness, the judge dropped all the bogus charges based on my testimony and the guy was looking at potentially 10-20 yrs in Walpole State Prison (I'm not PC). I did work cheap (this was probably 10 yrs ago) at $60/hr but I only had to drive to Dedham, about 12 miles to testify.

Mostly aids and staff. Wednesday was the the first formal session since July 31st in the House of Representatives, many of the Reps were not in their offices. I created a one pager as a leave behind, left that and the one GOAL had created with my name and contact info for the Reps. Sat down with Senator Mark, had a good conversation. He told me he would have voted against 4420 in it's present form. As stated here, the big topic for the legislators is "ghost guns". Yes I believe the Senator listened, he seemed very interested in what I had to say. Didn't get to see Senator Velis, no biggie, I have his cell number, already spoken to him before on the matter. I will be following up with John again since he is on the working group in the Senate with Senator Creem looking at gun legislation. Senator Mark did tell me though that the Senate is waiting to see what the House comes up with.

Good work! I wish that everyone was as active as you!

Some side effects:
If one would show up at the State House with the Soviet era tanks, the commies would come running out with open arms, thinking the takeover has finally happened.
Take the huge German SS Division half track and the Governor might think her State Police detail arrived in proper transportation to pick her up.

Been posted a hundred times but is always worth another view...So true.... Again.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LRVR0B72w

Reactions: hpm
Not to side track the banter but does anyone know the list of reps supporting bills or contact info/emails?

If it’s posted on goal or anywhere it would be great to pass around for people to call/email. Not being lazy I’ll search for it if needed but if anyone has it handy it would be greatly appreciated!

This was posted in the Active Response Weekend Knowledge Dump for 9/29. I read it every week.

The violence is now state sponsored, and anyone who might attack a second amendment rally will be let off, while those who defended themselves will be prosecuted. Think Hiter's Brown Shirts.

Staying away from this sort of in-person event makes sense.
Spoken like the non NES member that you are! We need your non member bullshit like we need a hole in the head. Someone else always has to fight the fight for your rights while you sit back on your free ride. If we members didn't pay for our NES memberships you wouldn't have a platform here to spout your horseshit. You're pathetic

Not to side track the banter but does anyone know the list of reps supporting bills or contact info/emails?

If it’s posted on goal or anywhere it would be great to pass around for people to call/email. Not being lazy I’ll search for it if needed but if anyone has it handy it would be greatly appreciated!
Forgot to add this

The banter keeps things alive in the absence of questions like yours

Jump in and ask away - if we stop bickering like an old married couple once we have something to do...

Spoken like the non NES member that you are! We need your non member bullshit like we need a hole in the head. Someone else always has to fight the fight for your rights while you sit back on your free ride. If we members didn't pay for our NES memberships you wouldn't have a platform here to spout your horseshit. You're pathetic
What's really pathetic is that you read my posts. Who is the bigger loser?

No need to get testy with the old guys, we all know you're a special kind of special.
You do you, we'll do the rest
Bullies need to be called out. There are way too many of them on this site, and they've been driving decent people away for years. It's about time someone stood up to these jerks, and told them enough.

Bullies need to be called out. There are way too many of them on this site, and they've been driving decent people away for years. It's about time someone stood up to these jerks, and told them enough.
This place is more the goat locker than the ward room.

Understand the culture before breaking the threshold.

Anything you say, Boomer. Or should I say, "Karen".

Don't forget to chain the door to your double wide, when you head off to the liquor store for that case of Old Milwaukee.
Everything I said is true. Its easy to see that truth pissed you off.
To unconfuse your drug endused state, I've been a home owner since the age of 24. I don't drink. Never liked it. Let's meet. When we do, if you see a Karen you, should try to kick her ass.

Lol. I never bullied you. Just called you a free loader. You don't support 2A rallies or NES. Your just along for a all around free ride, but love to add you 2 cents worth of free posting. It takes a special kind of fool not to support NES or 2A rallies.

Last edited:

Thing is? That's not going to work like you want to think it will. They'll feed off your attention.

This is the culture here. Most of us like it. Or there's always the Ignore function.

You are picking on the wrong guy. I’ve seen enough of your crap but picking out a long term paying member says volumes.
I know just how to deal with your crap.
Welcome to my ignorant list. You will have great company from a small list of pathetic liberal losers.

You are picking on the wrong guy. I’ve seen enough of your crap but picking out a long term paying member says volumes.
I know just how to deal with your crap.
Welcome to my ignorant list. You will have great company from a small list of pathetic liberal losers.

I just think this is kinda funny, in context.

Carry on, everyone!

rogersmithiii said:
Anything you say, Boomer. Or should I say, "Karen".

Don't forget to chain the door to your double wide, when you head off to the liquor store for that case of Old Milwaukee.

:confused:

Here, fill this out for us...

1696080269154.png

It was done like that on purpose.

matthew broderick oops GIF

This was posted in the Active Response Weekend Knowledge Dump for 9/29. I read it every week.

The violence is now state sponsored, and anyone who might attack a second amendment rally will be let off, while those who defended themselves will be prosecuted. Think Hiter's Brown Shirts.

Staying away from this sort of in-person event makes sense.

From that perspective, your logic of staying away makes sense. I believe, though, that misses a bigger picture.

Back during the real civil rights marches when real black people and their supporters were fighting real institutionalized racism, the protesters were met with actual government sponsored counter violence. Still they kept resisting and kept marching until the issue of institutional racism was too great to be ignored.

One big problem we have here, and I notice this on some signs at the rally, is that we refer to ourselves as the 2A community. That marginalizes us. It makes us sound like some fringe element trying to force their beliefs on an unwilling mainstream community - like the alphabet mafia. The sleepers don't realize, and those signs fail to convey the message, that we are all in the constitutional community and chiseling away at an amendment favored by some of those people sets the precedent for chiseling away at the amendments the sleepers take for granted every day of their media hypnotized lives.

A rally is just one part of a political campaign. Calls, emails, and visits with reps are the other parts. It's probably the least efficient part of the campaign (unless it's overwhelmingly huge), but the visual aspect of a significantly sized rally cannot be overlooked. Sadly, though, in our case due to the mediocre turnout, it will be overlooked.

And they only inforce the "easy" ones for legal gun owners. ie.
15 years ago law passed extra 2 years on sentence for use of gun in a crime. One case of it ,1, ONE, IN 15 YEARS!
Only the ones that bring cash to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom