HK51, Sell/ keep? On the fence.

seanc

NES Member
Hi all,
Need some input here. I am on the fence about selling my HK51. it is an RDTS converted improved hk51, w/ reg sear (on form 4). Finished in RDTS camo moly coat. I also have the HK 22 kit welded, timed, cut, moly finished and set up for this gun. It runs very well and I like it.
But, it is not seeing much use and I am on the fence as to if I should keep or sell..

Any strong reccomendations here?

With the way things are expected go with a NEW AWB are you kidding ?

Keep it as you will not be able to purchase anything like that again.

Better than Money in the bank.

Exactly. If things go south with another AWB and other gun grabbing legislation, you could potentially see the value of your HK go through the roof. If you've had it for a bit, sitting on it for another 6-9 months shouldn't be a big deal.

Right and as well If the sear is not married to the host receiver and its removed you have just created a SRB.

The HK51 does have a barrel less than 16 inches and assembled with the stock is less than 26 inches correct ?

Exactly. If things go south with another AWB and other gun grabbing legislation, you could potentially see the value of your HK go through the roof. If you've had it for a bit, sitting on it for another 6-9 months shouldn't be a big deal.

Right and as well If the sear is not married to the host receiver and its removed you have just created a SRB.

The HK51 does have a barrel less than 16 inches and assembled with the stock is less than 26 inches correct ?

Separating the sear from the gun was not considered. If the buyer were to decide to file a form one (sbr)for the gun by itself that would be up to them. Or, if they opted to put a full length bbl on, then they could swap the sear around..
If I sell it will be as the gun married to the sear..

With the way things are expected go with a NEW AWB are you kidding ?

Keep it as you will not be able to purchase anything like that again.

Better than Money in the bank.

The unfortunate reality is that as class iii has gone up so much, I don't forsee being able afford any of this stuff any time in the forseeable future...

The supply of transferable full auto is already limited by a complete ban on new ones for simple civilians, so I doubt a ban on new semi-autos will do much to change the market for full auto.

I just do not really forsee an AWB effecting class iii all that much. If anything I would expect some sort complications for class iii to come about as part of any sort of awb. (jack up tax (at minimum) or maybe something more nasty)

Or they could close the registry,ban civilian transfers and your MG will be worthless.

Something to ponder.

that has occurred to me and is always in the back of my mind.
actually, since I bought my first hk sear at the ungodly, ridiculous price of $1000!!!!
people laughed at me for paying so much.. how things have changed!

Last edited:
Hi all,
Need some input here. I am on the fence about selling my HK51. it is an RDTS converted improved hk51, w/ reg sear (on form 4). Finished in RDTS camo moly coat. I also have the HK 22 kit welded, timed, cut, moly finished and set up for this gun. It runs very well and I like it.
But, it is not seeing much use and I am on the fence as to if I should keep or sell..

Any strong reccomendations here?

I say sell it...seriously you know you want to...otherwise you would use it more often...sell it and buy something else you'd like....

Back when I first got into MG's I briefly had an HK, becasue everyone seemed to hint that HK's were the cream of the SMG crop, but honestly the "cool factor" wore off quick, it just isn't my style of MG, so it was quickly sold off and got other stuff more my style...

I am not telling you to get out of MG's just get something you like better than the 51. Nor am I saying the 51 isn't a nice gun, just go for what you like...

As an aside I recently have been toying with getting a V53 SBR. figure $1500 for a "cool gun" I wont shoot too much is better than $15,000 for a "cool gun" I wont shoot much...[laugh]

One more thing...I don't worry about "future potential what if this happens" bans...I cant tell the future, enjoy the toys you got now...I mean the 1986 MG ban was a last minute ammendment to what was otherwise to be a great improvement to the lives gun owners...either shit will happen or it wont, enjoy what you got today...

Last edited:
I am going to be throwing this up on the WTS board and probably Subguns.com as soon as I can get some pics together..

I have several SMGs, and of all of them the uzi and the mp40 are the ones that get the most range time..

Back
Top Bottom