HORA DOLOR - FOURa. Sept 7th. Details within!

This should be interesting.
i'm driving up with my ex gf who came last year, and possibly my mom.......

i'm really surprised my mom said she wanted to come, and here's why. She is kinda "moonbatty" in some ways. Whenever I ask if she wants to go to the range, it's almost a joke to her, she doesn't like guns. She thinks I "have too many", disagrees with my political views, my views of the police, and thinks I'm some crazy anti gov't psycho. LOL, but she REALLY wants to come to this event after she read the description because it sounds cool. So hopefully she ends up coming because she WILL have a good time.

JVC has she seen yr avatar, I'd be glad to meet her and describe it to her, its one of my favorites. hey she will see more guns at this event than she can imagine

theres going to be an impeach Obummer petition going around think she'll sign it?

All in fun of course we will try to be nice, but keep an eye on that Atilla guy he's a hun.

FINAL FINAL update.

This is the last one.

We just set up.. 80% of the course. The rest we'll wing in the morning. Don't think I'm kidding.

Round count.
Vagina from Precision Point called me demanding a round count. And asking if I knew if the sores on his "lady parts" were contagious. I can answer the round count part.

This is for a PERFECT RUN. I will now announce how many people in the previous 3 HD events have had a perfect run - " ".
Plan to carry more ammo than I am about to list.

Shotgun: 24 rounds PER TEAM. I'd carry more.
Rifle: 60 rounds. I'd carry more. I'd carry A LOT MORE.
Pistol: 15. Guess what.. I'D CARRY MORE.

Here is the rundown of the course. A brief layout is also on the whiteboard in the clubhouse.

Starting at the clubhouse you will run around "the rock"... also known as dogshit hill. Keep that in mind as you run around it. Proceed directly to the shotgun range.

You will have 10 tries to break 4 aerial clays. Team effort, one person activating the launcher, one person activating the shotgun.
Once the 4 aerials are broken you will proceed to, AS A TEAM, 2 shotguns, shoot the ground targets. 2 ACTIVE SHOOTERS IF YOU WANT.
When they are all broken you will stow the shotguns AND RESET YOUR OWN GROUND TARGETS.

Proceed DIRECTLY to the rifle range. First team there chooses left or right, but you will do both sides.
Left side: There will be the (patent pending) wobbly board. You will have BOTH TEAMMATES ON THE WOBBLY BOARD AT ALL TIMES.
EACH shooter will score 10 hits prone. 10 hits "supported" (kneeling, sitting whatever). 10 hits standing (<- this is subject to change)
(This next part may be deleted depending on the test run) After the wobbly board (patent pending) you will proceed one station to the right and shoot through a Vtac type board. 2 hits per station.

Once complete either left or right you will grab 1 bucket and go to the sand crawl. After the crawl, fill the bucket. Bring the bucket back to the rifle range and shoot the right side.

Right side: 10 hits off the roof section. Then proceed left one spot and score 10 hits perched atop the "Sketchy Tower of Pallets" (trademark). Once done.. the moment you have been waiting for. Courtesy of Precision Point Firearms you will lay upon the ground and explode 1 (NOT TWO, NOT 3. Not THREE. Not OOPS, I forgot, sorry I'm an ******* and I shot more than my allotment of water jugs) __T__W__O__ PER TEAM water jugs. If your team shoots 3, I will kick you. If you shoot 4, I will make you spend the day with Johnny talking about the sore mentioned above. TWO. PER. TEAM.

Once your team has shot TWO water jugs (or one or zero), take your bucket of sand and go to the pistol range.

Each member will shoot the start plate in the middle of the range and then proceed left or right as directed.
Both sides are basically the same. Each team will shoot 8 clays on the magic green holder. ONE ACTIVE GUN AT A TIME. Proceed down the pink paint road and if you go left, you will find a set of staging. CLEAR YOUR PISTOL. SHOW CLEAR. HOLSTER/STOW IT. If you do not have a holster, a loaner will be at the staging. Put your pistol in the holster, put the holster on the deck and climb up. Shoot the targets. When done, CLEAR THE PISTOL. SHOW CLEAR. STOW/DECK/HOLSTER THE PISTOL and then climb down. Shoot the last target.

If you went to the right. You will be shooting low, through the "boxes" at the steel plate that has matching colors.

Once one side is complete you will take your handy sand bucket and bring to the designated area and create a small sand castle with it. Points awarded for creativity. Return the bucket to the rifle range and then shoot the other side of the pistols.

When done, return to the clubhouse and declare victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Please try to show up early.

The kitchen is stocked and ready to feed you all.

in case it wasn't already obvious... out. got to go car shopping today. clutch went in the car yesterday. 12 years old, 158k miles. nice. KBB is basically the repair cost since i'm not equipped to do it myself in a parking lot.

good luck today everyone.

Had a blast today. Might take me a bit to get the pics up that my sister and I took, but we shared the card w/ the club so some might wind up on the Townsend F&G Facebook page before I make my way through them

Wow that was seriously fun shit. Thanks again all the staff at TR&G and all those involved in organizing this event.

I have one question: Was each member of the team supposed to complete both sides of the pistol stages? I just got back to my shop and started tallying how many rounds total I fired. I fired about 42 rounds of pistol/ possibly less due to clearing the gun between sections and dropping a round in the dirt. Then I'm like "Wait it was supposed to be 15 for perfect shooting? Ouch." I know I completed both sides of the pistol stage and I believe my team mate Mark did as well. Were we not supposed to do that? [laugh]

Anyhow besides that, I fired 17 shotgun rounds and about 70 rifle rounds.

I am down for this again. Middle of the winter for the next one right? I will have my beard back by then for tactical advantage.

Back
Top Bottom