How did you find NES?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I don't know why but today I was thinking about how I found NES. I remember I was looking for Kel Tec stuff on the net and a search turned up a few forums including this one. I was surprised to see a New England based shooting forum, especially one associated mainly with Massachusetts, and the fact that it had a surplus section too.
Seems like a long time ago and it was.

So how did the rest of you find Northeastshooters.com?

I was a frequent member at Warrifles, (before it got kind of dysfunctional) and a guy named Adam_MA signed on talking about this great BOB he found....Here I had been posting on other sites for years and never knew the best site was right in my own back yard.... [wink]

I don't know why but today I was thinking about how I found NES. I remember I was looking for Kel Tec stuff on the net and a search turned up a few forums including this one. I was surprised to see a New England based shooting forum, especially one associated mainly with Massachusetts, and the fact that it had a surplus section too.
Seems like a long time ago and it was.

So how did the rest of you find Northeastshooters.com?

googling MA gun laws before I got my liscense.

I Googled "2 Girls 1 Cup" and NES was the first hit.

ok, I probably should have known better than to see what comes up on that... thank goodness I went to wikipedia first [puke]

A good friend pointed me here and what a friend indeed its nice having other Mass_Survivors to talk with.

googling MA gun laws before I got my liscense.

ok, I probably should have known better than to see what comes up on that... thank goodness I went to wikipedia first [puke]

[smile]

Wise man, wise man indeed. Sadly I did not have your wisdom when I initially clicked on it...{shudders}.

Last edited:
A good friend pointed me here and what a friend indeed its nice having other Mass_Survivors to talk with.

[smile]

Wise man, wise man indeed. Sadly I did not have your wisdom when I initially clicked on it...{shudders}.

so that's why John McCain looks like that in your avatar!!

I googled MA gun laws and licensing processes. I was shocked to see so many people behind enemy lines in an organized community. It's simply amazing to not only have people to talk about my hobby with, but that they also all live so close. It has certainly made it easier for someone like me to dive head first into this hobby. Without NES, I definitely wouldn't have already built my very own AR-15, that's for sure. You guys keep me motivated [smile]

I think it was from playing around on the 4 seasons website...not sure anymore.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste and as you all know it is the second thing to go...8~)

I also was looking for info on our states oppressive laws when low and behold NES appeared. I became a paid member for the Avatar and stayed for the group buys and shoots.

Googling around - looking for gun forums, checking them out, liking how this one looked - the front page is most appealing and since RED is my favorite color...I see red everywhere...sometimes even in the rhetoric [wink]

I just kind of wandered in here and stuck around. [grin]

What I really like about this place is the caliber of the members (bad pun intended.).

With all the shoots, meet & lunches we have this is the most social forum I've found. First time I've seen an on-line community spill over into the real world so successfully. [smile]

I think I found NES close to the time it started but I cannot remember how I was pointed in this direction. Possibly someone from another (now defunct?) local website.

I believe I did a search for "Connecticut gun forum" and discovered NES. I'm suprised there's not more of us CTers here.

I found the "Gun Rights in your local town" thread through googling, and once I found Attleboro was Green, i didnt think anything of it and went on my merry way.

As I was waiting for my permit, PaulD pointed me here at which point I said "oh, Ive seen this before!!"

You can't make me leave [rockon]

Back
Top Bottom