How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Holding applications till they have a bunch is what my PD said. However a week later they said that they are coming in so fast that they cant keep up with them...

So i dont necessarily believe the holding for a bunch, unless its an extremely small city or town.

I actually recieved a call today from my PD and he took my name and dob. Hopefully hes going to really find out where my application is. Even know im fairly sure hes going to wait 2 hours call me back and say theres a hold up with the state.

6 months and waiting since the paper work went in, and its 9 months if you count went i started trying to meet with the LO.

Agaldo, trying to send you a message but you're full. Send me an email. I have some questions about Everett...

In Northbridge I applied May 4th. Printed ink and digital, Officer did my application online, took my picture..They cashed my check May 11th.. The LTC-A application process was as simple as possible..The officer seemed pretty easy going and clarified I was applying for Ltc-A .. told me 4-8 weeks when I was leaving.. so Im hoping the process continues to run smoothly..

Last edited:
Wasn't aware of that. So as soon as the lady submitted my application on the computer it was on its way? I feel like a kid waiting for christmas.

Im really not sure, its my first time applying for my ltc... im kinda just piecing together from stories ive read on here.. im 17days into my wait..

Last edited:
Well, I got the call today for my interview. I am now fingerprinted, entered into the computer, photographed, and paid (finally)!

I was told that I would not hear back from him for "at least 30 days" and that they are really backed up right now and its taking around 3 weeks.

All good. Now that the process is in motion, I feel a lot better.

Well, I got the call today for my interview. I am now fingerprinted, entered into the computer, photographed, and paid (finally)!

I was told that I would not hear back from him for "at least 30 days" and that they are really backed up right now and its taking around 3 weeks.

All good. Now that the process is in motion, I feel a lot better.

Congrats.. i know, i should be thankful i didn't get stuck waiting 3 months for an interview .. but the waiting is killing me..

hey guys, check out this post by LenS, it details the application process... although the first thing it says is "file paper application" but... other than that, I'm sure its a very similar process to the digital application maybe?

That's not accidental wrt "file paper application".

I ADVOCATE that in all cases!! Sitting in the "hot seat" and being asked questions to which if you mess up an answer you can be denied or charged with perjury is a ticket to a disaster.

We (Wife and I) always fill out the paper and turn that in, even with MIRCS. In our town, before the "interview" the secretary retypes your form info into MIRCS and when you come in, she prints it out for your signature (under pains and penalties of perjury) and you can compare with the copy you KEPT and brought with you to ensure no errors before signing. It also makes the process in the "hot seat" go smoother and takes less time.

Doing it this way, if you ever have to research info (like prior addresses, info on references, past LE encounters/court appearances, etc.) you can do that in advance and know what you should be saying/putting on the application.

I ADVOCATE that in all cases!! Sitting in the "hot seat" and being asked questions to which if you mess up an answer you can be denied or charged with perjury is a ticket to a disaster.

We (Wife and I) always fill out the paper and turn that in, even with MIRCS. In our town, before the "interview" the secretary retypes your form info into MIRCS and when you come in, she prints it out for your signature (under pains and penalties of perjury) and you can compare with the copy you KEPT and brought with you to ensure no errors before signing. It also makes the process in the "hot seat" go smoother and takes less time.

Doing it this way, if you ever have to research info (like prior addresses, info on references, past LE encounters/court appearances, etc.) you can do that in advance and know what you should be saying/putting on the application.

That's very true. Being prepared and doing your research prior to your interview/prints, etc is the best way to do it. Although, I guess some places tell you that you don't need a paper application and "it is done on the computer" ... so unless you do your own research first, you may not know there's even a paper application to fill out. This is definitely good advice!

That makes sense.. catch 22 tho.. i didn't have any problems in the hotseat.. i guess the only drawbacks to paper, is hoping he doesn't wait till he has a stack to enter them.. so you may. Feel safer with paper, but for speed, im hopping in the hotseat.

I used to work in CHSB, talked to a friend who worked the firearms side. the hold up is CHSB side, their severely understaffed like most of the units in there.

In the grand scheme of things, the only thing that sucks is the inconsistency of the process. I don't mind the wait.

If every town/city had the same policies (ie. bring your app in on Wednesday between 5-8 and you will be photoed/printed/processed) instead of letting them get piled up for weeks/months, I know people wouldn't care. Tell me a date/time and I'll be there.

In the time since I dropped off my application I have found this newsgroup, signed up for a CCW class, joined GOAL, and generally learned more about firearms/ammo/holsters/accessories, and MA laws than I ever thought I'd know BEFORE I even get my LTC. So the wait actually helps in some cases.

Good times.

In the grand scheme of things, the only thing that sucks is the inconsistency of the process. I don't mind the wait.

If every town/city had the same policies (ie. bring your app in on Wednesday between 5-8 and you will be photoed/printed/processed) instead of letting them get piled up for weeks/months, I know people wouldn't care. Tell me a date/time and I'll be there.

In the time since I dropped off my application I have found this newsgroup, signed up for a CCW class, joined GOAL, and generally learned more about firearms/ammo/holsters/accessories, and MA laws than I ever thought I'd know BEFORE I even get my LTC. So the wait actually helps in some cases.

Good times.

You said it man! I've learned so much from this site and YouTube while waiting. I'm an expert with the veteran guys I shoot with... I pointed out so many violations on their part! It's quite funny

So I called today and The LTC officer told me he is gonna call the state or whoever, because its weird that it has been 13 weeks and still no reply. Told me to call him thursday

So I called today and The LTC officer told me he is gonna call the state or whoever, because its weird that it has been 13 weeks and still no reply. Told me to call him thursday

"Guess what?...We found it in the bottom drawer. We'll mail it right out...shouldn't be too long...give us a call in a couple weeks."

I was granted my LTC on 4/28/12. The Police Chief told me it would be about 7 weeks before I get in the mail. I obviously haven't received it yet...but just thought that was a bit long to process and receive before you get the actual card license in hand. [hmmm]

No... STILL WAITING for state to respond.... This is a very harsh wait.

Same here sir... I had received a call a few weeks back that said they were just waiting to hear back from the state. I truly believe the state IS where the backup is... However, I do believe 6-8 weeks is more than adequate for them to get them processed. Week 10 for me. Maybe while i am in Florida I will have a nice present waiting for me at the post office. Best of luck to you, and all the rest of you who are waiting as well.

Back
Top Bottom