How long?

How long does it generally take for a gun\rifle club to accept a new member?
I submitted my application at a meeting last month, they said all was in order and I would be contacted after my backgound check came back. No word yet.

I guess that would depend on the club. I know there are some that there's a small waiting period and the person requesting membership needs to have current members "vouch" for them, or something along those lines. I also know that there are clubs that simply require a basic safety course to join.

It wouldn't hurt to figure out the office hours at that particular club and pay a visit to see what your application status is.

I'm not sure when or if there are any "regular hours"....They have a club-house attached to the indoor range ...but no "office". The few times I have been on-site I've met verious members and officers but it seems like who is there is whomever is shooting that day...
They don't respond well to e-mails, I think most are out dated, the club phone is message only and I don't want to be a pain(well I am "PaiN" but that's another story..hehe). As a "nudge" I sent the vice-pres. the number of my new pistol permit(which I hadn't received at the time I applied to the club) but never got a reply.
I think I'll stop by, show my face today and leave a message, too...
Public range fees are really starting to add up, this club has a beautiful range to 200yds, 24hour indoor lanes, is an affliate CMP club, 6mi from my front door and has reasonable dues..... I want in ;)
http://www.bellcity.org/

Back
Top Bottom