How many magazines for your primary carry firearm?

I usually carry one of my Beretta (I have two 92s and two 96s) and have 8-10 mags in each caliber (including some full capacity prebans).

The nicest of either lot stay full of JHP for carrying/HD. The rest are in the range bag.

I tend to go a little mag crazy with every gun I purchase so I'm embarrassed to say an actual number.

The ONLY gun for which I have a very limited number of mags is my .44mag Desert Eagle. Those mags are big bucks, but it's not like I need more than a few.

i like the good old idea of one size fits all, all the p-series except the p85 in 9mm fit each other and its pc[gr]9mm carbine!

I've got three 10 round mags for my M&P three 15 round mags for my Glock 22, and 2 mags for my SW1911, I'd like to get up to 6 per pistol though.

When I carry, I usually take 2, one in the gun, and one back up.

I have one to two spare mags on me when carrying.

However, I have at least 4, or more for each pistol. This is for training/target.

I have more for some pistols, simply due to affordability: 1911's = 12 mags, Beretta 92FS = 14 mags, etc....

Last edited:
3 for the sig, 3 for the glock, 3 for the AK.. three shall be the number of counting, and the number of counting shall be 3.. four being to many, 2 being not enuff.....

was trying to grab more preban 226 mags but then two AR lowers came into my life and all my money goes towards them..

3 for the sig, 3 for the glock, 3 for the AK.. three shall be the number of counting, and the number of counting shall be 3.. four being to many, 2 being not enuff.....

[laugh2]

12 for my Rifle, 2 for my Sig (need 2 more) my Mossy doesn't have detachable mags.

I'll carry one extra mag for either my 1911, Ruger P345 or Beretta 84F. I have about 20 mags for the 1911 and 8 for the P345, 3 for the little Beretta.
Rifles are a different story.
AR - 25 30 rounders and about 15-20 20 rounders.
AKs - I have about 75 30 rounders, 10 40 rounders and 2 drums
M1As - 25 for each rifle
PTR91/CETME - about 75 mags, I love those cheap German alloys mags! 10 for $29.95!
FAL - 25 20 rounders

Back
Top Bottom