I can no longer argue with Facebook Commandos

i'm guilty of getting into a few arguments. honestly i'm getting kind of sick of it... and if i am not ready to jump into an argument you know something isn't right.

I hear you. I have a woman on my Fb who made the claim that anybody that buys a handgun does so with the intent of killing somebody. Not the first.anti to throw that crap out. How do you argue with somebody that far gone?

Buying guns has killed the shit out of my bank account.

You people need to learn the magic of the defriend button and never look back. Attempt to educate, if that doesnt go anywhere, remove from contact. I havent had one single anti comment with any of my friends yet, and only friends of friends being retarded.

Oh I have a few that are jumping on the anti bandwagon, some get a pass and I'll occasionally engage nicely. Others though, I'm just tired of it. I'm going to start agreeing with them. For example one was crowing this morning about how the 2A should be removed, so I agreed, and said we should get rid of the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 21st since they're outmoded. He's a huge beer lover.

So, just troll the eff out of them for amusement.

I've had a few "out" themselves. I appreciate it when they do, makes it easier to know who to delete.

I hear you. I have a woman on my Fb who made the claim that anybody that buys a handgun does so with the intent of killing somebody. Not the first.anti to throw that crap out. How do you argue with somebody that far gone?

I don't, I deleted anyone on FB that was even slightly liberal. I have no need for people like that in my life.

Deleted fb since obama's re-election.

I never had an account on FB to begin with. My wife brought to my attention some comments one of my closest friends made after the shooting and I have been beyond pi$$ed about it since. These are some of the reasons why I never signed up for an account. That and Mark Zuckerberg is a commie.

Yep, I had a kid on my Facebook talk about how wonderful Obama was after he won. He was spewing all this crap about how he can now finally push this nation forward and advance mankind or some BS like that. I was going to reply with a nice long comment, but instead I just deleted him as a friend. It's just easier to do it that way, instead of trying to argue common sense into people that have none.

Well, I caved and posted a few responses to folks spewing the "We just need to ban assault weapons" BS. I couldn't resist.
I've been rewording their arguments and replacing 2A with 1A. It's driven a few batshit, screaming about my ignorance and oppressiveness.

Heh. Oh do tell.

I've had quite a bit of support on FB. Or I'm lucky enough to have sensible friends.

Where I've gone wrong is trying to correct the collective stupidity that is Huffingtonpost.com.

I have only ran across one idiot actually on my friends page. I have 0 anti friends that I know of. Got into a huge battle with him he even ended up swearing at me after I posted all the facts. He says only law enforcement and military should own guns period.

I have only ran across one idiot actually on my friends page. I have 0 anti friends that I know of. Got into a huge battle with him he even ended up swearing at me after I posted all the facts. He says only law enforcement and military should own guns period.

Ask him how that worked out for all the Jews, gypsies, mentally defective and gay people in Germany in the 30's-40's.

Last I checked you can choose the people you interact with on Facebook. I mean, arent these people supposed to be your 'friends?'

I'm not saying that I agree with everyone Im connected with on Facebook, but there is a mutual level of respect and a high level of intelligence across the board, so any debates are pretty constructive.

Then again, Im selective about who I connect with.

I've had quite a bit of support on FB. Or I'm lucky enough to have sensible friends.

Where I've gone wrong is trying to correct the collective stupidity that is Huffingtonpost.com.
You do have one a**h*** on your account that I would love to punch in the face!

I have been arguing with a select few on FB since the Oregon Mall idiot and I almost deleted my account last Friday. My problem is Facebook is a marketing tool I use for an animal shelter. I run the damn "page".
F'ing Facebook is like a thorn in my side now, takes up way to much time. I think I need help!
I just may have to start deleting some people... Luckily, MOST of my "friends" are gun friendly.

Ive been on the news FB pages a lot. WWLP out west here has been a solid feed of garbage that I have been able to dismantle fairly well. Some folks are just not willing to budge, others are. The AWB and One a Month do not seem very popular amongst the masses.

I have been posting lots of pro 2a stuff over the past few days just to piss off the couple of liberal friends I have. If they get nuts I either don't respond or delete them.

The way to win this battle against those who wish infringement of your rights is to fight and keep fighting. Call them out for being emotional and irrational. If they no longer stay your friends because they take it personally rather than engaging in an adult discussion, they're not worth being friends with, real or on Facebook.

Get creative with your arguments and know your audience. One post I made that got a lot of positive feedback from even the staunchest gun grabbers was when a friend of a friend started going off about "assault weapons" that "spray" multiple bullets a second. My response was "Like with this gun designed around the time of the Civil War?" followed by a link to a video of a cowboy action shooter firing 10 rounds at steels in under 3 seconds from a Henry. I also a added a video link of 13 year-old Dylan Molsey using a Win 94 to out shoot a sub-machine gun on American Guns.

You can also counter emotion with emotion. Another friend of mine recently was chided by someone else "dude, bad taste and timing" when he posted a photo if himself holding an M1 Garand. My response was that it's never bad timing to honor the memory of the thousands of Americans who bravely stormed across Europe and leapfrogged nameless islands in the Pacific, and that for those that actually know what that gun means, Friday's tragedy never came to mind.

If they refer to listen to logic, call them out on it.

Last edited:
the way I always seem to win the argument and leave them at a loss for words is say, "so do you think its possible that the guy could have still killed people without the gun? (wait for answer...usually yes), Well, do you think the gun could have still killed people without the guy?" (this usually get a lot of "well, uh, uh, ya but, well, uh")

Honestly I think the best thing to do with people who make retarded emotional comments like the ones you guys are getting on Facebook - is to change the terms of the conversation. If you're going to keep engaging with them - disengage the gun conversation and start something else.

I like the " why do parents keep sending their kids to these schools where kids keep getting killed? - what is wrong with them?" I've used that a couple of times in the last few days and it just shuts people right up.

Oh I have a few that are jumping on the anti bandwagon, some get a pass and I'll occasionally engage nicely. Others though, I'm just tired of it. I'm going to start agreeing with them. For example one was crowing this morning about how the 2A should be removed, so I agreed, and said we should get rid of the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 21st since they're outmoded. He's a huge beer lover.

So, just troll the eff out of them for amusement.

Tell them that you blame the whole thing on women and we need more laws restricting women. They obviously have bad parenting skills and are not up to the task of defending children in dangerous situations.

Ask him how that worked out for all the Jews, gypsies, mentally defective and gay people in Germany in the 30's-40's.

Yay+gun+control+This+is+such+a+good+idea+Governments+_5ca0731c28c96229fc4f57783c98f1dd.jpg

Gun+Control+Works.jpg

I'm not ready to delete my FB account yet, but starting conversation on 2a just draws moonbats like shit flies. Use for entertainment purposes only.

Unfortunately the only FB friend who debates 2A stuff with me is in Australia, and it's difficult enough to explain American thinking on freedom, let alone gun rights.

Ask the antis, if you were at the school would you protect the kids? if yes, and you were given the choice of a chair, baseball bat, or handgun which would you choose to face the attacker? don't pretend that guns are ONLY used for hunting and target, its real use is for protection of self and the people around you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom