I can no longer argue with Facebook Commandos

I have been collecting my thoughts in the last few days trying to decide if I want to write something about the recent events, and gun control on my FB page. I'm not really on there that much, and don't often get involved in the debating. Last night I found it hard to get to sleep as I thought of what I'd write. However, I don't think I'm even going to bother with it. More than a few of my "friends" on there are very anti. Getting into a debate with, and possibly losing a few of those friends doesn't bother me in the least. In the last few years I've come to realize who my real friends are anyhow, and none of those folks qualify. What I really don't want to do is get into it with my family. I have a pretty small family and I love all of them regardless of their views. One of my uncles is an old hippie guy who plays in local bands for a living. I know he is an anti. He put something on his FB the other day comparing slavery to gun ownership. As in, we need to abolish gun ownership the same way we abolished slavery. [facepalm/] I typed up a long response to that, and then deleted it. I'm never going to come up with any profound statements to change his mind, so why bother? I'll see him Christmas day and if he wants to get into it, I'll happily do so and then won't see him until the following Christmas.

It seems to me that some people would try to make us feel ashamed of being gun owners after what happened in CT. I have no use whatsoever for ignorant a**h***s like that. If that's the way you feel, why don't you go turn in your car next time some drunk driver 1000 miles away runs over a kid on his bike.

Thank you so much for this... it has been a lousy few days at work and at home. This does help calm my concerns in all of this

Back
Top Bottom