I hate the urge to sell what with the crazy $$$.

Do you want to be left without a chair when the music stops?
I have some that I would grudgingly part with.

I am in MA and believe it or not I want an AR.
I have been educating myself and kinda know what I want. I could sell, or start a build.

ammo is the issue. So.....
Oh, and MA so you know.

I'm gonna tell this tale ! more time ( I swear) I sold a firearm I bought at a steal value from someone who's wife just plain wanted it out of the house ( not your usual handgun) I kept it 5-6 yrs. Never even fired it . And DAMMIT sold it when I was laid off one winter to pay some bills. I regret it today as much as I did then MY one and only sale of a firearm. Never sold ammo ever ever ever. Seen 3 ammo droughts in my lifetime MONEY isn't everything. *** Edit to add something....... In my safe I have a Sig Mosquito .22 , ( don't flame me yet) I saw it in a case and damn I said a Sig in .22 and it was all over but the cleaning up. What a fu888in mistake , I shot it once or twice, 1st time I almost threw it in the river , second time I shot it was with CCI copper clad bullets only did a lil better but not 100% better. So it sits unloved and forlorned on the top shelf of my safe. To remind me to do better research and never buy on impulse in a Shooting Supply Store.

Last edited:
I had (5) ARs here in Georgia.
Long barrelled upper with decent scope for distance shooting.
Troy with 1-6 scope for out to 300 yards.
reddot parts gun for 3gun
Larue upper on CMT ambi lower, (wife's gun)
PSA 9mm
I won a Daniel Defense DDM4A1 in a raffle; I sold the Troy to a neighbor.
I have (5) ARs here in Georgia.

One of those ARs is a 9mm by Palmetto State Armory. I won a Ruger PCC in another raffle, chambered in 9mm. I'm probably going to sell that PSA because I like the Ruger a lot more.

A couple of years ago, I transitioned my wife from .380 to 9mm. I've got (3) .380's here in GA I'm probably going to sell, because they're not getting shot. And I've got their duplicates up in a safe in CT, so I can always bring them home if she decides she wants to shoot .380 again.

It's not money, it's just guns sitting there, that have been sitting there, are going to continue to sit there.

Only gun I ragretz selling was my original Gen2 G19 with a pile of mags. I have since acquired a new Gen5 at a price less than what I sold hte Gen2 for during the height of Newtown. But those mags. THOSE MAGS!!! Some of you bastard have some of my magazines that I sold below market to help out poor NES'ers. And I WANT THEM BACK!! LOL

OK, 8 NFML mags that I still have or acquired are probably more than I'll ever need. But still. . . .

You can only shoot one at a time. If you really need a gun in the future you'll be able to pick one up off a body on the street. Besides you know your fat buddy with all the guns? The one who will be dead a week after the pharmacies close, all the spares you need right there. If you don't need the money don't sell unless you have stupid numbers of the same basic thing.

"One who cannot cast away a treasure at need is in fetters." Aragorn said that to that annoying little jerk Pippin.

Translation: If things are so important to you that you can't get rid of them when you have to, then you're screwed.
As he travels through life, a wise man should be prepared to abandon his luggage more than once.

Ive never had (or needed) to sell any stuff. With the insane prices of ammo, and given my 15+ year supply of reloading components i decided to sell some loaded rifle ammo. Sold some PPU 7.62x51 and some 223 Wolf Gold as favors to friends of friends. I didnt screw anyone, but i didnt give it away either. Made a nice profit and the buyers were thankfull . Win win i guess. Never thought this type scenario would play out.

You can only shoot one at a time. If you really need a gun in the future you'll be able to pick one up off a body on the street. Besides you know your fat buddy with all the guns? The one who will be dead a week after the pharmacies close, all the spares you need right there. If you don't need the money don't sell unless you have stupid numbers of the same basic thing.

That's why I don't' give out my safe combo LOL. (I'm the fat buddy if it was not clear) [laugh]

Can’t take em with you to the grave mine as well sell high. PM me the list of what you have and I will make some recommendations.

Meh, I kick around selling stuff I know I'll never shoot, but I just like having them for the sake of having them. I've got a gorgeous inch pattern commonwealth FN FAL that I just HAD to have, I like it and all, but I haven't shot it in years. Same with some other battle rifles.

I have made the mistake before.
I want to keep them all.

change my mind.

Out of like 2 dozen? or more guns sold over the years I only have hard regrets about maybe 6-8 of them, but there was nothing I could do about those because I needed the money at the
time, so it was what it was. Most of the rest of them? Meh, whatever, glad someone else is getting use out of them.

In the long term they cleared up space for stuff that worked better for me. Selling off stuff that is 110% dead weight is a no brainer.

Also, if it's wonky shit that you never shoot "cuz of da value" or something, then yeah, if you're at high water mark you might consider dumping them off. Rubes will pay stupid overprice inflated money for shit like preban AK, old ARs, etc. I don't have that problem though because I won't buy stuff I'm not going to use. The idea of buying a gun to not shoot it, is just f***ed up/alien to me.

Back
Top Bottom