I hate the urge to sell what with the crazy $$$.

That said, if that case of Wolf 7.62 in the classifieds sells for $700 I’m selling everything and buying an island somewhere.
$700...?

1609261237882.png

Realtor's Note: "Palm tree is sterile. No coconuts come with this island."
Also: "Photo was taken at low-tide..."

Last edited:
I've bought, sold, and traded a bunch. I've got no real regrets. There are one or two that I'd try to get my hands on again if I could, but not in an obsessive sort of way.

I like owning all my guns. Some? I'll never, ever sell. Most could find themselves on the block if the price is right.

Out of like 2 dozen? or more guns sold over the years I only have hard regrets about maybe 6-8 of them, but there was nothing I could do about those because I needed the money at the
time, so it was what it was. Most of the rest of them? Meh, whatever, glad someone else is getting use out of them.

In the long term they cleared up space for stuff that worked better for me. Selling off stuff that is 110% dead weight is a no brainer.

Also, if it's wonky shit that you never shoot "cuz of da value" or something, then yeah, if you're at high water mark you might consider dumping them off. Rubes will pay stupid overprice inflated money for shit like preban AK, old ARs, etc. I don't have that problem though because I won't buy stuff I'm not going to use. The idea of buying a gun to not shoot it, is just f***ed up/alien to me.

This. I have guns that fill a purpose (self defense and hunting) and get used. Thats it. Any extra guns I own are just backups to the guns that have a purpose.

FIFY...

I hate the urge to buy what with the crazy $$$.

I justify my purchases as investments when I buy but I just can’t sell. I could sell just my 9mm and have 20 percent down for a house which blows my mind but then I feel like I’m taking advantage of a situation and good people. I’ve been selling small amounts of ammo to new gun owners at the price I originally paid. My final thought...what will better serve me and my my family right now, some blasters and caps or a stack of rapidly depreciating green paper?

A couple moves ago I realized that I had too many guns that I never fired. Got rid of them at modest profits.
Still have a few I don’t need, want to pare the herd down to just a few.
Most of my excess now are sentimental like my ‘65 Wingmaster my dad gave me when I was 13. Never use it anymore, don’t really like it, but dont want to sell. Hopefully my son will take it.

got rid of a couple of items I could not give away before all this BS started, put the money towards other projects I wanted to fund.

I've bought, sold, and traded a bunch. I've got no real regrets. There are one or two that I'd try to get my hands on again if I could, but not in an obsessive sort of way.

I like owning all my guns. Some? I'll never, ever sell. Most could find themselves on the block if the price is right.

Same here, there are some that I won't part with but otherwise they are just tools. I usually make money (sometimes very good money) selling those that I decide to send down the road. I always try to buy "low", usually getting a good/decent deal on something used. I get a kick out of people (and I know a couple) that will go buy a new gun and then trade or sell it a few weeks later at a significant loss - and they do it over and over. Keep any decent quality gun for a few years and you can usually get what you paid for it (as long as you didn't over pay in the first place) or even more.

"One who cannot cast away a treasure at need is in fetters." Aragorn said that to that annoying little jerk Pippin.

Translation: If things are so important to you that you can't get rid of them when you have to, then you're screwed.

Exactly, "things" are great but time and enjoying life is even better. Too many people are tied down by all their "things", I will not be.

I've probably sold enough guns to where I should get my ffl.

I have 22 right now in my safes and another in the mail. Only thing I regret is selling my aks right now because ammo is cheap for them... but it allowed me to build out a nice setup for 8 people to f stuff up if it goes sideways.

This. I have guns that fill a purpose (self defense and hunting) and get used. Thats it. Any extra guns I own are just backups to the guns that have a purpose.
I have a non scientific test, do I cringe at the idea of selling it? If the answer is yes it doesn't get sold. [laugh] Even if a lot are redundant they are useful. I have maybe 4 guns i could sell right now guilt free, if you want to put it that way... and with two of them the transactional cost exceeds the value of the gun. (Like i have an SW22A that qualifies there, lol... and an ugly ass modified AO/Caspian 1911 that id not be able to get 450 bucks for because it's so damn ugly lol. [rofl] )

Meh, I kick around selling stuff I know I'll never shoot, but I just like having them for the sake of having them. I've got a gorgeous inch pattern commonwealth FN FAL that I just HAD to have, I like it and all, but I haven't shot it in years. Same with some other battle rifles.
Same here. I have a FAL for sale here but even if the money was presented to me, I would still hesitate to let go. At the time, obtaining a FAL was a burning desire.

I sold my bodyguard during this gun drought for what I paid for it. I was happy. I tried selling it a few years ago and nobody, I mean nobody wanted it. That thing left my finger bleeding every time I shot it so I didn’t shoot it much at all. I used the money to get something I could shoot. I know @drgrant , I know.o_O 0A949175-0B93-4AF1-8B45-49DAA0DAB438.jpeg

It’s impossible to keep up. Last year I trimmed down my collection and consolidated on calibers. I felt fast and free ... like the switch from briefs to boxers. Then I was transferred a bunch guns and ammo due to a restraining order and now I have twice as much crap as before.

Same here. I have a FAL for sale here but even if the money was presented to me, I would still hesitate to let go. At the time, obtaining a FAL was a burning desire.

I feel that.

The only reason I'm selling my FAL right now is because I upgraded to a better one. I'd feel weird being FAL-less.

She, might disagree with you...
Mighty cushy davenport for someone that goes Full Antimacassar.
Conclusion: Party Girl.

It’s suppose to be sharks but I’m not that good at art.
Realtor's Note: "Sharks only wearing red laser pointers. No green lasers come with this island."

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I now need to find the thread on build your AR! lol.
Unless.... you happen to be selling at a good price cuz I promise I am good guy, not a comrad .. whatever.

I sold my bodyguard during this gun drought for what I paid for it. I was happy. I tried selling it a few years ago and nobody, I mean nobody wanted it. That thing left my finger bleeding every time I shot it so I didn’t shoot it much at all. I used the money to get something I could shoot. I know @drgrant , I know.o_OView attachment 428830

hmm, I do have a BG I haven't shot in a long time for the same reasons. Probably the only thing I wouldn't mind getting rid of. Could probably get double with the ammo LOL.

Back
Top Bottom