I honestly need to know...

Do you leave your pistols just laying around?

Sometimes.

We had a GSSF match this past weekend. I shot it Friday, then worked it Saturday and Sunday. Friday it drizzled all day, Saturday it poured - we literally had 3" of standing water on the lanes. I came home Friday night, unloaded my gear and left (7) pistols on the bench in the garage. Didn't get around to cleaning them and putting them away until Wednesday.

I'm shooting a match tomorrow morning, (steel challenge). I've got my gear together and staged to go - inside the garage, by the door. Included in that are my G34 and a Browning BuckMark.
I've got two loaded Glocks in the house at all times. One's in a micro-vault that's unlocked unless the grandkids are in the house, the other's in my knapsack. Right now, that knapsack is sitting by the kitchen counter. My wife's Sig is loaded and in a locked cabinet in one of the closets.

This isn't Massachusetts. There's no "safe storage" law. The only two people in this house are my wife and myself. We both know where the loaded firearms are.

No, Guns that were actually designed (from the ground up) to have a safety. Most striker guns, the safety is an afterthought and a dirty hack.

Dirty hack to get in MA, sure, that I can agree with. At the same time, I feel like safety is a subjective issue and shitting on those that choose to carry a striker with a safety, is a slippery slope. So long as they’re proficient and training with their carry piece, whatever they feel comfortable with should be applauded regardless.

So, by that logic, 1911's / 2011's ?

I have numerous good holsters that have great retention.
But I also like good triggers
I have good holsters as well. I also like good triggers. But, I still don't like or need an external safety on my gun. I am not worried about it accidentally firing on it's own.

C9692D2A-AB36-428C-9C36-6AB15CC4083D.gif

Please, proceed!

Also, I agree wholeheartedly. For all the crap it gets, I’m damn accurate and fast with my bodyguard .380 after a few range trips. I’m not going to win any competitions with it, but it’s not the shit stick most would have you believe, 600 pound trigger and all. It’s more of a kitten turd stick.

View attachment 541942

Please, proceed!

Also, I agree wholeheartedly. For all the crap it gets, I’m damn accurate and fast with my bodyguard .380 after a few range trips. I’m not going to win any competitions with it, but it’s not the shit stick most would have you believe, 600 pound trigger and all. It’s more of a kitten turd stick.
My summer carry is my B.G., cooler weather I can conceal better, usually G26. The bodyguard does get a lot of crap, but if you train with it often, speed and accuracy become achievable.

Dirty hack to get in MA, sure, that I can agree with. At the same time, I feel like safety is a subjective issue and shitting on those that choose to carry a striker with a safety, is a slippery slope. So long as they’re proficient and training with their carry piece, whatever they feel comfortable with should be applauded regardless.
Those guns would mostly never exist if not for trash states. The P365 "M" w/safety is typically a garbage sku produced for MA only.

Those guns are disgusting.

I would never own a striker fired gun with a safety. f*** that noise. I'd carry a 5 shot j frame long before that.
like i said - me getting older makes me care less about all that. you get a kid holding your right hand next to the holster - you get paranoid.
I mostly carry a 5-shot (LCR), you jerks! [laugh] It's a lot more comfortable to have that in my pocket around the house all day and have my kid climbing on me, than it is to have a "real" gun on my belt. Also nice that it can go into any pocket, with or without a holster, and be "safe". If I'm going somewhere, I'll usually grab a Glock though.

*Looks into thread
*Sees new gun owners posting
*Sees new gun owners overthinking everything

The best way to figure out the best handgun (or, any gun) for you is to shoot competitively and or to take advanced classes. Most people's range time is turning money into burned powder. Get on the clock, take classes, and see what you learn. This thread is from January 6, 2021 - in that time, OP could've had a full competition year under his belt.

*Looks into thread
*Sees new gun owners posting
*Sees new gun owners overthinking everything

The best way to figure out the best handgun (or, any gun) for you is to shoot competitively and or to take advanced classes. Most people's range time is turning money into burned powder. Get on the clock, take classes, and see what you learn. This thread is from January 6, 2021 - in that time, OP could've had a full competition year under his belt.

With what ammo?
With what classes/competitions?
Considering what the past 2 years have been like.

Monetarily wise, it doesn't seem "smart" to do it in the fashion that you mentioned.
Do a bunch of classes/competitions and then find our what gun you like and that fits you.
At that point, you need to start AL over again with the things that you may have learned.

Example.
Class provided weaponry.
I.e a full size glock or m&p.
But then you discover compact guns work better for you after previously buying said m&p or glock after class due to attractive discounts because if said class.

Or if you found out you prefer hammer fired guns.
Now you have to go and spend more money on training and relearning yourself for something you already spent money on.

Or a polymer vs full metal gun

Starting by questioning or trial and error yields a better reward from the future training.

JFC ya n00b, shoot whatever and however you want. I didn't get the point of this thread. You don't like a gun that you've never tried - cool story, guess I better go sell all my Glocks and throw away all my competition trophies that I won with them.

JFC ya n00b, shoot whatever and however you want. I didn't get the point of this thread. You don't like a gun that you've never tried - cool story, guess I better go sell all my Glocks and throw away all my competition trophies that I won with them.

Didn't say that, just was curious to the massive cult like following

Then the thread just went its own way 🤷

Back
Top Bottom