I honestly need to know...

They are reliable, accurate, durable and simple to operate so I understand the appeal but I just don't care for the grip angle.

Last edited:
For me, its the curiousness of the appeal of the very gun.
And maybe I'm reading it wrong, but people seem to deem it a revolutionary gun design.
And they can't even stand on the laurels of the polymer combo.
Hk did it as well with the VP70 in the early 70s if I recall correctly.
It was also more of a streamlined gun vs a block.View attachment 436361

I mean its not a winner in the looks department either.
And from what I gather, just as feature rich.
Worst trigger ever. Like 15+ pounds. But I’d buy one for novelty sake. Just fine me the selector stock version 😎

I look at all my guns as tools.

My glocks are hammers. Nothing fancy but if I need to pound in a nail its works and honestly I dont really care if something happened to one of them (scratched, etc). I treat my guns as if they were my children but if I get a scratch on it or a scuff? Meh. Now if I scratch my CZ, EAA, Dan Wesson, Wilson Combat, etc....

Because they eat anything and with the tool below and a pair of needle nose plyers (to remove the mag release spring) you can be a Glock Armorer. You can tear down a Glock to it's 34 individual parts and reassemble it in less time than it take to remove and disassemble one of the sear cages on my CZ Shadow.

image_123923953 (6).JPG

So, something weird is happening recently.
I have no idea why, but I find myself curiously desiring a glock for no reason.
But not just any glock, it'll either be a 19x but I don't want to pay Massachusetts rapey prices, because if decide to ludacrisly to spend and obscene amount of money for a glockish type gun , im going to go for the shadow systems warpoet.

The only downside to that one, is it won't fufill my desire to tinker,because it's already awesome put of the gate.

Will I follow through and get one?
Not in the immediate future. But maybe next year.

Never thought that I would make this post.

Pretty sure it's the desire to build a pistol like you can build a rifle.

And sadly there's only 2-4ish guns that can do this.

Glock
Sig p320
1911/2011
Beretta apx (kinda. I have this and I have zero problems with it)

i was thinking recently about how other gun manufacturers have been chasing glock to keep up and get some of that market share. the others keep adding bells and whistles while glock chugs along. a few cosmetic freshen ups for glock over the years...a rail, finger grooves, grip textures, finger groove delete and then the gen 5 with the ambi slide release and rounded slide nose. a lot of the other guns have growing pains as the makers rush to get them out...like sig...but the glock is proven and just keeps working. oddly, the thing that endeared the glocks to our hearts is now it's achilles heel, the capacity of the double stacked mag and it's weight. that forced glock to be like everyone else and put out a single stack. but glock proved simple is best and if you're google eyed by flash of those add ons of the competitor's offerings, the glock isn't for you.

So, something weird is happening recently.
I have no idea why, but I find myself curiously desiring a glock for no reason.
But not just any glock, it'll either be a 19x but I don't want to pay Massachusetts rapey prices, because if decide to ludacrisly to spend and obscene amount of money for a glockish type gun , im going to go for the shadow systems warpoet.

The only downside to that one, is it won't fufill my desire to tinker,because it's already awesome put of the gate.

Will I follow through and get one?
Not in the immediate future. But maybe next year.

Never thought that I would make this post.

Pretty sure it's the desire to build a pistol like you can build a rifle.

And sadly there's only 2-4ish guns that can do this.

Glock
Sig p320
1911/2011
Beretta apx (kinda. I have this and I have zero problems with it)
[rofl] not laughing at you, its just I can so relate to you starting with "what the hell do people see in these things??" to "shit......I kind of want a Glock now!" That was exactly me. I avoided Glocks like the plague for a bunch of reasons. Then I shot a few out of curiosity and was pretty much hooked.

It's probably a less obvious choice now that so many manufacturers make polymer frame striker fired semi auto pistols but Toyota guys will get why the Glock brand has such a cult following. They're historically reliable, simple, light, versatile, and.....just work for pretty much any application.

I tried to force myself to carry a sig and then a cz subcompact but I always came back to the G19 (or G26) as the "don't overthink it" option every time.

I always came back to the G19
i can tell, as i get older and have family around, i see less reasons to carry a glock with a round chambered compared to p365 on safety.

and as i stopped carry g19 - sold mine and left 2 g17s and g34 only. i just like g17 frame feel much better than g19. and can hit steel plates from 100yds with g34. works fine.

i can tell, as i get older and have family around, i see less reasons to carry a glock with a round chambered compared to p365 on safety.

and as i stopped carry g19 - sold mine and left 2 g17s and g34 only. i just like g17 frame feel much better than g19. and can hit steel plates from 100yds with g34. works fine.
Do you leave your pistols just laying around?

It's probably a less obvious choice now that so many manufacturers make polymer frame striker fired semi auto pistols but Toyota guys will get why the Glock brand has such a cult following. They're historically reliable, simple, light, versatile, and.....just work for pretty much any application.

And like Toyotas, they are incredibly boring and ho-hum in feel and operation. Reliable yes

I would never own a striker fired gun with a safety. f*** that noise. I'd carry a 5 shot j frame long before that.
I'm kinda on the opposite end of it.

With actual good striker fired guns that have a low pull weight trigger <4lbs it's almost like walking on thin ice.

If it was a 5lb trigger then it shouldn't ever be an issue.

Which is why I always prefer a hammer fire gun.
Due to the da/sa "safety" of the design itself

I do own 1 striker fire gun at the moment I'll admit.
Looking at 2 others.
But where I carry them, they aren't pointed at my junk

True but boring and always works is exactly what I like for something I rely on lol
90% of guns are reliable in the same way.

At this moment in time, though most won't admit it, it's aesthetics that draw you in.
Then feel in the mitt and features.

Mix in brand somewhere in their.

I'll admit I'm a brand where.
But I also like weird guns.
And big name brands generally don't make weird guns.
I.e. laugo arms alien

With actual good striker fired guns that have a low pull weight trigger <4lbs it's almost like walking on thin ice.

Looking at 2 others.
Then carry a different gun. Putting a fag switch on a gun that wasn't really designed for it is not a solution.

I have over a dozen striker fired guns and none of them are anywhere near that. A couple at 4.9, maybe, lol. If i was that afraid id get a jframe with a slicked up trigger on it. Kinda hard to make that fire accidentally.

If people would stop using shitty holsters and fumbling with their guns when they don't need to most of this stuff wouldn't be an issue.

Understanding how the gun actually fires helps, too.

I would never own a striker fired gun with a safety. f*** that noise. I'd carry a 5 shot j frame long before that.
like i said - me getting older makes me care less about all that. you get a kid holding your right hand next to the holster - you get paranoid.

like i said - me getting older makes me care less about all that. you get a kid holding your right hand next to the holster - you get paranoid.

It just seems pretty bizarre to me. If I was that freaked out about a little kid touching my gun I wouldn't be carrying one at all, instead of thinking of dirty hacks like fag levers etc.

Or maybe doing something more appropriate, like getting a better holster with better retention.

Looking at 2 others.
Grant beat me to it already. But, buy a good holster and practice. My junk is still intact.

It just seems pretty bizarre to me. If I was that freaked out about a little kid touching my gun I wouldn't be carrying one at all, instead of thinking of dirty hacks like fag levers etc.

Or maybe doing something more appropriate, like getting a better holster with better retention.
So, by that logic, 1911's / 2011's ?
Grant beat me to it already. But, buy a good holster and practice. My junk is still intact.
I have numerous good holsters that have great retention.
But I also like good triggers

Back
Top Bottom