I just can't buy a Glock.

I admit it.

Glocks are great guns. They're reliable. They shoot any sort of ammunition without the need for throating or modification. They are easy to work on. They shoot really nicely. They stand up to dirt, mud, wet, and corrosion. They are close to perfect weapons for the modern age.

I just can't bring myself to buy one.

They are.......butt ugly.

They have no aesthetically pleasing attributes. Gaston designed them solely for function.

I get that guns need to be designed for practical, functional purposes. They need to go "bang" when you pull the trigger, and they need to place bullets where they are aimed.
But to me, guns are also pieces of art. I get seriously aroused when I see a gorgeous Weatherby Athena shotgun with amazing wood, and tastefully engraved receiver. I love Remington's artistically designed front sights. Colt's decision to replace that biscuit sight on the Detective special with a ramped front replacement was genius.

That's why I will never own a Glock pistol. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

After seeing "many" issues with department GLOCK's M22 over the years and GLOCKS
unwillingness to make it right (like barrel lugs sheering off, for one). I am definitely NOT a GLOCK Fan Boy!

There are plenty of pistols that are as good or better, with far better warranties!

My two most recent purchases: a Walther PDP 5" and my S&W Shield Plus Optics Ready
are both phenomenal shooters, have similar price points to their GLOCK counterparts.,
feel far better in my hand, compared to GLOCKS and come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!

If GLOCK is such a superior firearm; why do they not stand behind their products as much as:
S&W, Ruger, Walther and Canik (to mention a few)???

After seeing "many" issues with department GLOCK's M22 over the years and GLOCKS
unwillingness to make it right (like barrel lugs sheering off, for one). I am definitely NOT a GLOCK Fan Boy!

There are plenty of pistols that are as good or better, with far better warranties!

My two most recent purchases: a Walther PDP 5" and my S&W Shield Plus Optics Ready
are both phenomenal shooters, have similar price points to their GLOCK counterparts.,
feel far better in my hand, compared to GLOCKS and come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!

If GLOCK is such a superior firearm; why do they not stand behind their products as much as:
S&W, Ruger, Walther and Canik (to mention a few)???
Stop yelling!

You forget the most important thing, which is the "Glock ecosystem of stuff" aka "but how do I keep the guns running long term".

-Anyone can become a glock armorer. Meaning some guy in a gun shop can go take a course and learn how to work on the guns. Not just someone with a badge.

-Anyone can usually obtain glock parts. Not like these other $%$%$#%$%# shitf***er companies that will refuse to send you parts in the mail "cuz liability" or some stupid shit like that*** (see note on bottom) It's easy to get glock parts. Significantly less easy for nearly everything else, the only REAL peers to a Glock WRT parts availability to the general public are 1911 parts and AR-15 parts. Period end, full stop. This is incontrovertible, and inescapable.

-The magazines were always reasonably priced. I'm not talking MA pant shitter/pr3Ban bullshit, I'm talking real world. At retail the only glock mag that is remotely pricey are the 33rd happy sticks. Everything else retails for like $35 or less, and its trivially easy to be buying OEM down into the 20s. You can accumulate barrels and barrels of glock mags. its more difficult to do this with any other handgun, save for maybe the Beretta 92.

-WRT above and the ecosystem; when you get that big OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE SHIT FOR YOUR GUNS. So you have companies like Magpul, ETS, and others making
magazines for your guns.

-Customer service - 99 out of 100 times you send a gun to Glock it will get fixed and it will get fixed right, and theres not usually drama, guns sitting in places for months, etc. I had to have sent a half dozen guns to them (mostly used ones I bought) either for refurbishment or otherwise, in every case I got them back in two weeks or less with the issue
resolved. In one case I had a gun that BTFed so bad they literally just sent the dealer an entirely brand new gun.

WRT the above: not sure if it changed recently but..... When you call Glock up on the phone. A HUMAN BEING ANSWERS THE PHONE. A few years ago when I called to get a gen4 RSA upgrade, I couldn't believe it, I was sitting in my car and I was just dumbfounded after the phone call. It was the first time I called up a large company in many, many years where there wasnt some stupid auto attendant.

WRT Parts-withholding stupidity:

f*** you S&W, just go f*** yourselves. won't even send someone a spring or a mag catch so they can just fix thier shit and
move on with their life.

there are other companies that are complete dog shit like this too

"You wont sell me parts? what does that mean? THERES NO WORDS THERE! Warranty service the entire gun? TO PLAY US OUT?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOat73YzX4

Smith and Wesson gives equally excellent customer service.

Smith and Wesson gives equally excellent customer service.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UtRnGn5hc

nope.... their dumpster fires are well documented here, poke around...

Friend of mine just sent a model 27 back twice.... brand new gun, f***ed up pin, rough trigger. Pin was fixed first time around, trigger came back
worse.... [rofl] blasting media dribbled out of the gun.... [rofl]

totally sloppy work

I admit it.

Glocks are great guns. They're reliable. They shoot any sort of ammunition without the need for throating or modification. They are easy to work on. They shoot really nicely. They stand up to dirt, mud, wet, and corrosion. They are close to perfect weapons for the modern age.

I just can't bring myself to buy one.

They are.......butt ugly.

They have no aesthetically pleasing attributes. Gaston designed them solely for function.

I get that guns need to be designed for practical, functional purposes. They need to go "bang" when you pull the trigger, and they need to place bullets where they are aimed.
But to me, guns are also pieces of art. I get seriously aroused when I see a gorgeous Weatherby Athena shotgun with amazing wood, and tastefully engraved receiver. I love Remington's artistically designed front sights. Colt's decision to replace that biscuit sight on the Detective special with a ramped front replacement was genius.

That's why I will never own a Glock pistol. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

I think Glocks serve a purpose but they used to be cheap easy to get.. but everything goes up in price. I just get angry (figuratively not actually flipping out) when I see all these MA police departments carrying glocks meanwhile the peasants can't. I can get glocks down here.... but my area police departments carry the M&P. Just I cant get into them.

I think its mainly what I grew up on. Which was 3rd Generation Pistols and S&W Revolvers. Plus my exposure to early Sigmas... or whatever there called want something uglier an early Sigma Model. My grandfather had one.. since .40 was taking off in the mid 90s.. ugh we hated it.. ugly. just yuck. Sigmas are not glocks but same idea.

I think its what your exposed too.. growing up. I wanted a classic 2nd generation Glock.. Just to have in my collection of "Police gun history". But.. even down here in NC those guns are expensive for two reasons. Someone thinks that 2nd Generation Glocks are antiques and most are marketed towards Massachusetts etc on gun broker.

I think Glocks serve a purpose but they used to be cheap easy to get.. but everything goes up in price. I just get angry (figuratively not actually flipping out) when I see all these MA police departments carrying glocks meanwhile the peasants can't. I can get glocks down here.... but my area police departments carry the M&P. Just I cant get into them.

I think its mainly what I grew up on. Which was 3rd Generation Pistols and S&W Revolvers. Plus my exposure to early Sigmas... or whatever there called want something uglier an early Sigma Model. My grandfather had one.. since .40 was taking off in the mid 90s.. ugh we hated it.. ugly. just yuck. Sigmas are not glocks but same idea.

I think its what your exposed too.. growing up. I wanted a classic 2nd generation Glock.. Just to have in my collection of "Police gun history". But.. even down here in NC those guns are expensive for two reasons. Someone thinks that 2nd Generation Glocks are antiques and most are marketed towards Massachusetts etc on gun broker.
If you’re serious about wanting a gen 2 glock let me know. Ive got a gen 2 g34 that I don’t shoot any more. Good not perfect condition

I saw a minty, orange Pontiac Aztec just the other night. No kidding. It still looked like sh**.
Ha ha.

NDQwNTY4X20uanBn

Saw this:

and this:

Comparing the Taurus GX4 that I picked up recently to a Gen 4 Glock 26/27, there's nothing better about the Glock. I don't think there'd be anything better about the Glock 43 or 48 either.

This is more about praising the Taurus than it is about throwing shade on Glock as I imagine I would feel the same way if I was comparing the GX4 to a P365, Hellcat, Max 9, or whatever the fukk S&W is making, but I'm really not impressed by anything Glock in 9mm. When I was younger and I was looking at buying my first guns, the Glock and its popularity and cheap mags and the number of PCC's that were using said mags appealed to me.

Now if I could do it all over again the only Glock I would have bought is the 10mm.

When I was younger and I was looking at buying my first guns, the Glock and its popularity and cheap mags and the number of PCC's that were using said mags appealed to me.
Funny, because I am just starting to see this now that I am getting a little older. Still not 100% on holding a 2x3 in my hand though.

Funny, because I am just starting to see this now that I am getting a little older. Still not 100% on holding a 2x3 in my hand though.
I mean, I still like that I have the ability to shoot pistol ammo from a rifle that's easier to shoot at distances and is more accurate, but I wouldn't base my pistol purchases around magazines the PCC uses. Problem there is I don't want to use a PCC that uses mags that can't be used in pistols like the CZ Scorpion or MP5.

So, other than Glock, what is there? Hi Point? Low capacity and I don't think the mags are quality. Beretta with the Cx4? Yes, I think that is an underrated PCC, but I'm not looking at buying a 92 (The Taurus 92 is objectively a better design anyway) or a Px4. Ruger PC Carbine that uses American mags? The Ruger American sucks and the PC carbine comes with an adapter for Glock mags anyway.

The industry is making a mistake not offering PCC's in the slim double stack magazines like the P365, Hellcat, GX4.

The industry is making a mistake not offering ... slim double stack magazines ...
I'll finish it for you:
The industry is making a mistake not offering slim double stack magazines for 9mm, in a standardized format, for use in all pistols and carbines, like they do with the "STANAG" .223/5.56 magazines.

P.S. The older Ruger 9mm carbine took the same magazines as the P89. They should have just stuck with this same reliable magazine all along, through the SR series, the "American" series, the "Security" series, and whatever else. It would have saved them a lot of money, and kept people more loyal to the brand name.

Last edited:
Back on the topic of this thread...

7ib6zg.jpg

A Glock is the perfect toss into the truck and forget it gun. Like a lug wrench, it's along for the ride until you need it. Yeah, they are kinda ugly but doesn't really matter for a utility tool.

Glocks do have shit triggers, as do pretty much all striker fired pistols. Squish, squish, squish- SPROING! They are like squeezing a marshmallow until the Jack-in-the-box jumps out.

... for 9mm, in a standardized format, like they do with the "STANAG" .223/5.56 magazines.

P.S. The older Ruger 9mm carbine took the same magazines as the P89. They should have just stuck with this same reliable magazine all along, through the SR series, the "American" series, the "Security" series, and whatever else. It would have saved them a lot of money, and kept people more loyal to the brand name.
That would have been nice, but IDK how well the P series mags would have worked with a traditional press in style mag button release. There's no reason the SR mags couldn't have been used in the American, but even if they were I don't give enough of a shit about the American to ever want to buy one.

The SR I still have a small interest in the .45 version.

The P Series has a retro feel and look, so I like them and DA/SA .45's aren't common, but the reality is that Ruger has never done full size centerfire semi autos well, single stack micros like the .380 and LC9, yeah, they were decent for the money. Ruger would be smarter to focus on the micros because they're not going to be able to beat Taurus in price and performance for the larger 9mm pistols and for .40 and .45 there isn't enough demand for polymer pistols and Ruger flat out refuses to make a 10mm outside the 1911.

Amazing to think Hi Point made a 10mm poly pistol before Ruger.

I don’t understand the desire for slimmer mags for a PCC. Most PCCs don’t have the magazine well in the grip, so slimmer mags is pointless in most PCCs.

Slide mounted controls suck. Too easy to accidentally hit them while cycling the slide. Controls belong on the frame not the slide.
Did you see what was circled in yellow? That is the mag release, which is what we were talking about. It is below the trigger guard, and had nothing to do with the slide.

... for 9mm, in a standardized format, like they do with the "STANAG" .223/5.56 magazines.

Dude like 20 years existed between those guns. 🤣 P series were popular but never beretta or sig popular, so carryover is minimal.

Also by sticking with that design you are forced into ergonomic limitations. That's why there isn't a standardized pistol magazine, because the mag is literally inside the gun, not just hanging out of it.

Dude like 20 years existed between those guns. 🤣 P series were popular but never beretta or sig popular, so carryover is minimal.

Also by sticking with that design you are forced into ergonomic limitations. That's why there isn't a standardized pistol magazine, because the mag is literally inside the gun, not just hanging out of it.
I agree on the P series, but the SR and American I can't see why Ruger couldn't have made the SR mags work in it and you know if they had done that, SR owners might have gone and bought the American.

Back
Top Bottom