• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think I have corupted my daughter.

Not that is a bad thing.

This morning my 11 year old daughter asks me if I could drill out the base of 2 .25 auto cases she had picked up.

She had decide that they would make good earing's.

Of course I gladly comply with her request. What kind of father would I be to stifle that kind of creativity.

This is what she made.

25autoearings.jpg

I think she is looking to make a series of them in different calibers. I will have to polish up and clear-coat some better brass for her next time.

a. definitely go with brass...
b. cool...
c. Don't drive into MA with those... [sad2] Just ask the kid from CT who had the bullet necklace that got him strung up...

Nice. I've seen some stands at the gun shows set up with ammo-related jewelry. Too bad you neeed and LTC to wear it here in the PRM.

BTW, what ever happened to that poor guy who got ramrodded on his way up to Maine?

My daughter appreciates all your comments.

Thankfully, we live in a small town with sane and reasonable people who don't
freak out at the mere thought of firearms.

Now, just so I am clear, I have discussed with my kids about the issues
surrounding firearm related items at school.

Actually, I had this issue come up with my son (daughters twin) earlier this school year. They were learning about WWII and my son thought it would be a great idea to bring in some spent .50 BMG shells he has for an example of what the bombers and fighters used. He did not ask or tell his mother or me he was going to do this. He just threw them in his backpack and went to school.

When he took them out at school, he showed them to his teacher, discussed with the class what he knew and then put them away.

After he was done the teacher took him aside quietly and asked him to leave them in his bag and bring them home.

Later in the evening after I had returned from work I saw him take them out of his backpack to put back up in his room. I asked what he was doing and he explained what he did. I still don't think he fully understands how well that teacher reacted to that incident. Needless to say, he won't do that again (at least without the teachers permission).

Had this happened at most any other school he probably would have been disciplined for this. Had this happened in MA they would have gone into Lock down and dogs would have been shot in the process.

Due to this thread I was explaining to my daughter and son about how it is for you folks down there south of the border.

They couldn't believe that empty shell casings were considered anything bad.

yikes dude, your son is lucky. I had an employee whose son committed the "sin" of wearing an NRA logo T shirt to gym class - suspended instantly. The mere image of the gun got the principal's nuts in a tickle.

I had that discussion with him that night.

There are a few moon bats out here but they are few and far between.
Even the libtards out here would be considered conservative down south.

I don't know. I would have handled your daughter's request differently. I would have taken the cases and put them in my polisher for a few hours first [smile]

Not that is a bad thing.

This morning my 11 year old daughter asks me if I could drill out the base of 2 .25 auto cases she had picked up.

She had decide that they would make good earing's.

Of course I gladly comply with her request. What kind of father would I be to stifle that kind of creativity.

This is what she made.

Here ya go, "Daddy": http://www.jenuinelyjeni.com/store/pistolpetals.html

Make your daughter happy for her birthday.

And if you ever get dressed up, you can tell your wife that this is what you'd like for YOUR birthday: http://www.jenuinelyjeni.com/store/bulletjewelry.html She also makes matching shirt studs, too. I've got the cufflinks; need to get the matching shirt studs one of these days.

We used to live in CA. Even in that nut-house brass is uncontrolled and my boys would fill their pockets with brass at the range. When we moved I had to explain to an 8 and 10 year old how these harmless things are now illegal. It took months before they stopped bringing me brass they found in drawers and moving boxes.

(btw, in CA they had so much spent brass at home that I can tell the sound of a .22 case going up the vacuum cleaner hose.)

(btw, in CA they had so much spent brass at home that I can tell the sound of a .22 case going up the vacuum cleaner hose.)

You're kind of like Daredevil[hmmm]

I'm from ME originally and I remember going to the general store and getting keychains made out of spent 30-30 brass and thinking those were the coolest things ever. Or we would take spent shotguns shells (12 and 16 or 16 and 20 ) and make containers to put stuff in. It was awesome.

But it wasn't perfect either, once of my friends (a year below me) got suspended in grade school because they found a spent .22 in the seat he usually sat in on the school bus.

But it wasn't perfect either, once of my friends (a year below me) got suspended in grade school because they found a spent .22 in the seat he usually sat in on the school bus.
Gawd, that's such a sad statement on the disfunctional mentality of our lawmakers. I've already decided that if one of my boys gets suspended for something moronic like that I'm taking time off from work and we're going to Disney or some such really fun place during the suspension.

You're kind of like Daredevil[hmmm]

I'm from ME originally and I remember going to the general store and getting keychains made out of spent 30-30 brass and thinking those were the coolest things ever. Or we would take spent shotguns shells (12 and 16 or 16 and 20 ) and make containers to put stuff in. It was awesome.

Hmmm, when I was a kid (maybe 12) I went to the USS Massachusetts in Fall River and bought a key chain made out of 30 '06 with USS Massachusetts on the side. Real brass, real FMJ bullet crimped in the mouth. The primer pocket is intact with one of those small ball chains running through it. Sooo...they sold me a felony. Cute[hmmm]

Those cufflinks are badass. I'll have to make (attempt) a pair -
70 bucks = 150 bullets down range.

Her workmanship is worth it if you have reason to wear cufflinks. Trust me on this - they're nice and I get lots of compliments. She also does tietacks, too... and you can ask her for your choice of stone in the primer pockets. My tie tack has a smokey quartz.

I hope your employee called a lawyer.

+1. What a load of horseshit Kids are getting suspended for NRA t-shirts. And some kids are beating, shooting burning and disposing of others they dont like.
Time for a reality check

Is it really illegal to have spent brass on you if you're not licensed ?

Yes.

Chapter 140, section 121. Definition of "ammunition"

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section121

“Ammunition”, cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun. The term “ammunition” shall also mean tear gas cartridges, chemical mace or any device or instrument which contains or emits a liquid, gas, powder or any other substance designed to incapacitate.

Chapter 140, section 129c. Licenses.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section129C

Section 129C. No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess any firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B.

You can tell your daughter I think she has great taste. I to was blessed with a daughter and thought for sure I would never have a kid to take shooting. But I was blessed with a daughter that loves to shoot though she does not like to hunt anything alive. She can and does love to shoot. Targets of all kinds. She blew her barbie dolls all to hell in her teens I was so proud. those of us with daughters who shoot and enjoy it are fewer then those with boys that enjoy it. However we sure do not have any less to be proud of.

Unlike boys it is much harder to tell your daughter no when she wants a new firearm though. She looks up at daddy and does that sad face thing and you just have to buy it for her. Then when we get home my wife says what does she need another one for? I reply but she wanted it I could not tell her no..

Back
Top Bottom