Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

You can bet that’s already been done

This.

If I can think it, someone smarter than me has already done it. The cow's WELL out of the barn with this one. I assume hackers were doing their hacking thing before this thread even got going, unfortunately.

Time to buy some new deadbolts and maybe throw down some concertina wire.

Fear of what? Instilling fear in the sheep leftists? Like "Omigarwd they're 500 AR15s in our community, we better find out who these people are"

No. Fear in us.

I think it's just as likely to be a sour Baker appointee on his way out the door, leaving a pissy little trail behind him like those Clinton White House idiots who took the W off their keyboards when Bush came in.

Are the ID's that where outed/posted our PINs? If they are could someone just start transferring guns by a personal transfer from one gun owner to another? Kinda like they say when you pick up your LTC "here's your PIN, don't write it on your card".

No. Fear in us.

I think it's just as likely to be a sour Baker appointee on his way out the door, leaving a pissy little trail behind him like those Clinton White House idiots who took the W off their keyboards when Bush came in.

I'm not shivering in my boots, I'm mad as hell that the government can sacrifice my privacy for nothing. There is no need for the public to have this data.

Are the ID's that where outed/posted our PINs? If they are could someone just start transferring guns by a personal transfer from one gun owner to another? Kinda like they say when you pick up your LTC "here's your PIN, don't write it on your card".
That's where I'm confused too. What are the ID's???? Don't think its a PIN because mine is not in there.

Her lazy attempt at thwarting legal ownership. Nothing more. Some milquetoast journalist (sic) will do the rest of the work for her.

Nope.

They outed the data so the media/hackers could fxck us. That is the only reason.

Yeah so the media can run queries "Gee looks like a lot of people in town x carry .40 and others carry 9mm. Having the serial numbers is what gun grabbing orgs want. "Remember that gun you bought 20 years ago?"
"Yeah."
"Well it was used in a crime"
"Okay so what's your point. I sold it 15 years ago"
"Did you know the next guy would use it in a crime?"
"How do you feel about that?"
"Just fine, ask the guy who did the shooting. Better yet why not have an interview with the gun dipwad"

That's where I'm confused too. What are the ID's???? Don't think its a PIN because mine is not in there.

The little caption blurb thingie says those ID #s are "randomized," meaning (I guess) that they're some sort of internal number the computer assigned to you solely for this data release.

That's by best WAG, anyway.

Guys, let's not try to dox politicians, or anyone else, specially in a public forum.

If you want to play with it and find people, do it on your own, not this thread.

This is a spineless take. This isn’t some turn the other cheek biblical lesson. This is a direct attack against gun owners and gun ownership. I’m not going to get into purse swinging and full on space critter mode with you, but seriously, saying “take it offline” would be prudent. Saying “don’t dox politicians” is just soft.

This is a spineless take. This isn’t some turn the other cheek biblical lesson. This is a direct attack against gun owners and gun ownership. I’m not going to get into purse swinging and full on space critter mode with you, but seriously, saying “take it offline” would be prudent. Saying “don’t dox politicians” is just soft.

Getting the entire forum shut down would be a problem for us, but I would think it's something the state could try to do if they could show a judge that this site is being used to directly threaten "public servants."

I'm not sure I see the upside to that, in the long OR the short run. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

This data shows a few things:

1. The monkeys can't copy and paste data under the correct columns. Most likely a straight download form their DB which means the data is entered like sh*t.

2. The calibers, LMAO. Filter for a caliber like .40, there are like 25 different ways people enter them. And guns, imagine trying to use that for gun confiscation, good luck finding at least 10% of ARs. Models, calibers, all that information is all over the place.

3. FFLs are missing. Could these be dudes doing paper FA10? ... anyway, it is good they are missing.

5. Application date and date of issue. Isn't there a law about having to take a certain amount of time, this could be excellent ammo for @Comm2A, specially after Bruen - maybe?

6. A sh*t ton of information is missing. Which shows how inaccurate their database is, which is why they can't rely on it.

7. As the OP states, the State is breaking its own law.

Getting the entire forum shut down would be a problem for us, but I would think it's something the state could try to do if they could show a judge that this site is being used to directly threaten "public servants."

I'm not sure I see the upside to that, in the long OR the short run. Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.

“If you’re going to do things that are a risk to this forum, please do it somewhere else than this forum”. Vs “guys, let’s not try to dox politicians…”

Quite the difference. But your point is taken. I just hope there’s more valor than discretion than I’m seeing lately because every time the state pulls this crap it’s a bunch of brow beaten down trodden grumbling.

What purpose does it make to put all of this information into the public?
That is THE question. Whatever the purpose, it is not good for us. Possibly showing off what they have as a "I know where you live" sort of threat?

I don't think the transactions database would be so easy to cross reference into actual locations but the LTC one would not be that difficult to crack. I have never had any external indications that I own firearms- no stickers on vehicles, nothing outside around the house. Besides the non-monetary nefarious reasons to steal a gun, many firearms are literally worth their weight in silver which is ~$300 per lb,

All I can say about this:

F-U Massachusetts for making me and mine less safe and secure. F-U for making it necessary to spend money to further increase the security of my home. Thank you for prompting me to get the hell out sooner than planned.

This data shows a few things:

1. The monkeys can't copy and paste data under the correct columns. Most likely a straight download form their DB which means the data is entered like sh*t.

2. The calibers, LMAO. Filter for a caliber like .40, there are like 25 different ways people enter them. And guns, imagine trying to use that for gun confiscation, good luck finding at least 10% of ARs. Models, calibers, all that information is all over the place.

3. FFLs are missing. Could these be dudes doing paper FA10? ... anyway, it is good they are missing.

5. Application date and date of issue. Isn't there a law about having to take a certain amount of time, this could be excellent ammo for @Comm2A, specially after Bruen - maybe?

6. A sh*t ton of information is missing. Which shows how inaccurate their database is, which is why they can't rely on it.

7. As the OP states, the State is breaking its own law.

I think this is pretty raw data, as-entered into the system by the gun buyers and sellers.

You are a big boy, do whatever you want with the now public information.

All I am saying is, don't start doing stupid sh*t in a public forum.

I think this is pretty raw data, as-entered into the system by the gun buyers and sellers.
Which is all they have. They might have one more database table with ID = Person, but I doubt they have anything else with better information.

Why does everyone think that criminals now have a shopping list? What kind of criminal goes to Mass.gov and sees who has guns or the most guns and says “ it’s on!!! Let’s break in and rob them!!”
News Years eve, 1975, a group of thugs from western ma were "told" that a Dr in Tewksbury had an extensive and valuable gun collection. So they went to get it. Somewhere 9:00/9:30 they knocked on the Mahoney's door. The Mother answered, she was shot dead right there. The father ran from the kitchen and was shot dead in the hallway. Their 14 yr old son was upstairs and grabbed his fathers handgun and came down the stairs and was shot and killed. Sometime after 10pm (as I recall) the 2 Daughters came home to a dark house. When they entered the front door one fell over her Mother's body. The ran out to a neighbors house. It was possible the killers were still in the house according to police.

In the end, there was no extensive and valuable gun collection. It was just a story that someone floated out there and 4 criminal drug addicts bought into it and 3 people were butchered over it.
I lived a couple of miles away from the Mahoney's house at that time. I still, to this day, think of them every time I drive by that house.

You can pretty quickly parse this and play six degrees of NES. Kinda fun actually.
Think of anyone you might have bought from and/or sold to once. Now you can see their collections and transaction history as well.

Yes, six degrees of NES would be very easy to play now that a hostile government has published data that for the good of public safety should have remained private and confidential.

“If you’re going to do things that are a risk to this forum, please do it somewhere else than this forum”. Vs “guys, let’s not try to dox politicians…”

Quite the difference. But your point is taken. I just hope there’s more valor than discretion than I’m seeing lately because every time the state pulls this crap it’s a bunch of brow beaten down trodden grumbling.

I hear you, and I'm heartened by previous posts showing Comm2A is already on it. Like I said earlier, the cow's already out of the barn on this, but who knows what kind of relief might be available?

(I'm trying not to be a nervous nellie. I don't think the forum will get shut down, personally, but I also realize it's not MY forum. So I try to be respectful of the site owners. I think turning this into a dox platform would give them unnecessary headaches)

Back
Top Bottom