Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

The data for licenses, if you moved and still have an active LTC you didn't renew in the new town (let's say from Hanson to Littleton) would it show as Hanson or Littleton, assuming the change of address was notified.

This.

If I can think it, someone smarter than me has already done it. The cow's WELL out of the barn with this one. I assume hackers were doing their hacking thing before this thread even got going, unfortunately.

Time to buy some new deadbolts and maybe throw down some concertina wire.
and it’s on sale!

I hear you, and I'm heartened by previous posts showing Comm2A is already on it. Like I said earlier, the cow's already out of the barn on this, but who knows what kind of relief might be available?

(I'm trying not to be a nervous nellie. I don't think the forum will get shut down, personally, but I also realize it's not MY forum. So I try to be respectful of the site owners. I think turning this into a dox platform would give them unnecessary headaches)

No more than any ballot box or polling station though. Doxing a politician is almost an oxymoron. If you cross reference the list they voluntarily put themselves on, with the list they forced into public domain regarding gun ownership, is that really a bridge too far? It would highlight the egregiousness and weakness of the list they published, and also likely highlight the hypocritical “rules for thee” mentality that I’m sure will show up in data.

That seems very different and very palatable compared to something like, adding data fields for their number of children and for Children’s current school.

Edit to add I completely agree that any such activities regarding cross referencing should absolutely be done on another medium separate from this forum and thread. On that I think we all agree.

The data for licenses, if you moved and still have an active LTC you didn't renew in the new town (let's say from Hanson to Littleton) would it show as Hanson or Littleton, assuming the change of address was notified.
The ones of mine that are in the dataset, all show my new town post change of address/ No renewal.

Whoa.i sold 5 guns in 2020 accidently via efa10 per the spreadsheet. No one knocked on my door

Yeah. This is a "release," not a "leak." Somebody is proud of this. And the fact that nobody at state level seems to care that it's totally illegal tells you all you need to know.:mad:
Like in every other department of government now, there are no repercussions for breaking the law. The law is meaningless to the government because they'll never charge themselves with a crime

This data shows a few things:

1. The monkeys can't copy and paste data under the correct columns. Most likely a straight download form their DB which means the data is entered like sh*t.

2. The calibers, LMAO. Filter for a caliber like .40, there are like 25 different ways people enter them. And guns, imagine trying to use that for gun confiscation, good luck finding at least 10% of ARs. Models, calibers, all that information is all over the place.

3. FFLs are missing. Could these be dudes doing paper FA10? ... anyway, it is good they are missing.

5. Application date and date of issue. Isn't there a law about having to take a certain amount of time, this could be excellent ammo for @Comm2A, specially after Bruen - maybe?

6. A sh*t ton of information is missing. Which shows how inaccurate their database is, which is why they can't rely on it.

7. As the OP states, the State is breaking its own law.
Dude, I can’t even open the data on my phone..this is just another one of those pants shitting threads😂😂😂

“If you’re going to do things that are a risk to this forum, please do it somewhere else than this forum”. Vs “guys, let’s not try to dox politicians…”

Quite the difference. But your point is taken. I just hope there’s more valor than discretion than I’m seeing lately because every time the state pulls this crap it’s a bunch of brow beaten down trodden grumbling.
Comm2A is on it…what are we supposed to do?….fix bayonets??..😂

News Years eve, 1975, a group of thugs from western ma were "told" that a Dr in Tewksbury had an extensive and valuable gun collection. So they went to get it. Somewhere 9:00/9:30 they knocked on the Mahoney's door. The Mother answered, she was shot dead right there. The father ran from the kitchen and was shot dead in the hallway. Their 14 yr old son was upstairs and grabbed his fathers handgun and came down the stairs and was shot and killed. Sometime after 10pm (as I recall) the 2 Daughters came home to a dark house. When they entered the front door one fell over her Mother's body. The ran out to a neighbors house. It was possible the killers were still in the house according to police.

In the end, there was no extensive and valuable gun collection. It was just a story that someone floated out there and 4 criminal drug addicts bought into it and 3 people were butchered over it.
I lived a couple of miles away from the Mahoney's house at that time. I still, to this day, think of them every time I drive by that house.
Damn! That is aweful. I don’t think a single gun related home invasion from 47 years ago relates to this being a shopping list for criminals though. I can’t even open the damn database😂 but if addresses are listed where guns are, wouldn’t this have the opposite affect?? Simply go to the addresses where guns are not in the home?..

“If you’re going to do things that are a risk to this forum, please do it somewhere else than this forum”. Vs “guys, let’s not try to dox politicians…”

Quite the difference. But your point is taken. I just hope there’s more valor than discretion than I’m seeing lately because every time the state pulls this crap it’s a bunch of brow beaten down trodden grumbling.

There is a big difference between being brave and being a stupid f*ck.

What purpose does it make to put all of this information into the public?

It's basically a terrorist attack. And I'm not kidding.

According to the "Patriot" Act:

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

Publishing "enough" data on an unpopular segment of the population that true identities can be found, puts those people at risk.

Getting the entire forum shut down would be a problem for us, but I would think it's something the state could try to do if they could show a judge that this site is being used to directly threaten "public servants."
I wonder if we could use that argument against the mass.gov web site and the state?

I kid of course. Short of dragging them into court (as I hope the OP article suggests will happen), they'll simply ignore us.

I was able to see who had LTCs in my town that were issued by other PDs. These are people that got them at the PD they worked at. Example... they live in Town X but work for Boston PD. Licensing agency is BPD. All the cops just got outed. :mad::mad::mad:

I believe its more to create fear in the FFLs... As in, "think nobody sees what you are doing and nobody is watching?"
I don’t think it could really get any worse than what happened to dealers during Covid, though where EOPS was basically sending cops to peoples shops that were filling fa10s during lockdown. That was 110% stasi bullshit.

I don’t think it could really get any worse than what happened to dealers during Covid, though where EOPS was basically sending cops to peoples shops that were filling fa10s during lockdown. That was 110% stasi bullshit.
Agreed. Maybe not worse, but a continuation of a theme.

Regardless, this release crosses a significant line in the sand in many ways. Given the format it would be fairly simple to do far more with this data set.

All the cops just got outed. :mad::mad::mad:

No offense to you personally, but nobody else on this forum is going to shed any tears about that.

Welcome to the world of being "one of the little people."

Honestly? Complain to your union. That's probably the fastest way to get this shit taken down, is if you and your chiefs demand it... until they sanitize all of you Big Important Boys In Blue out of it and repost it so the rest of us can dangle in the wind, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom