Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

Think of anyone you might have bought from and/or sold to once. Now you can see their collections and transaction history as well.
Yes and no for us oldtimers.

A lot of old guns were purchased and or sold/traded years ago are no where near this database. Hell, I just traded a gaggle of guns to KTP the other day for cash and store credit.
There will be zero info on that other than my own receipt from KTP. And I've done that multiple times over the years.

A lot of old timers have no idea what an FA-10 or eFA-10 is when they buy a long gun out of state and never register it. Not everyone
keeps up on the laws or is an NES geek.

So say some guy bought all his long guns in NH/ME/where ever, and doesnt know what Efa10 is? .......his/her whole collection is under the radar of this stupidity.

Not saying thats what you should do....follow the laws of the state is my opinion on the subject.

But the fact there are people out there, many old who just keep doing the same thing over and over is not out of the realm of reality.

So when your talking collections...its all relative, lots of holes in this swiss cheese of info.

Last edited:
Damn! That is aweful. I don’t think a single gun related home invasion from 47 years ago relates to this being a shopping list for criminals though. I can’t even open the damn database😂 but if addresses are listed where guns are, wouldn’t this have the opposite affect?? Simply go to the addresses where guns are not in the home?..
Just because you can’t figure out how do do something simple on the computer doesn’t mean anyone else with nefarious intentions can’t.

No offense to you personally, but nobody else on this forum is going to shed any tears about that.

Welcome to the world of being "one of the little people."

Honestly? Complain to your union. That's probably the fastest way to get this shit taken down, is if you and your chiefs demand it... until they sanitize all of you Big Important Boys In Blue out of it and repost it so the rest of us can dangle in the wind, anyway.
Any cop that feels they aren’t “civilians” probably shouldn’t be a cop.
They shouldn’t be getting any special privileges but here we are…

No offense to you personally, but nobody else on this forum is going to shed any tears about that.

Welcome to the world of being "one of the little people."

Honestly? Complain to your union. That's probably the fastest way to get this shit taken down, is if you and your chiefs demand it... until they sanitize all of you Big Important Boys In Blue out of it and repost it so the rest of us can dangle in the wind, anyway.
I'm not a cop but just showing how easy it was to figure all this out.

-JR

Yeah. This is a "release," not a "leak." Somebody is proud of this. And the fact that nobody at state level seems to care that it's totally illegal tells you all you need to know.:mad:

It's my personal belief based on no fact, that:

Someone with access to the fa10 database agreed to provide the everytown variety of domestic terrorists with the data. They didn't want to risk mailing it so the did an electronic version of a dead drop. This isn't much different (IMO) than taping a packet of papers and photos to the bottom of a park bench for "the other guy" to collect later.

Any FOIA experts out there? I'm interested to know what chain of emails led to someone deciding to post that...

I'm not a cop but just showing how easy it was to figure all this out.

-JR

Fair enough. When you said "worked for BPD," I sorta made a guess. Reading comp fail.

Still. Seriously. Cops need to run this up the flagpole. They get listened to a whole lot more than we do, sadly.

I like how from 2006-June 2011 theres like 550 personal FTF transfers. But from june 2011 to just the END of 2011 theres over 3000. For those that dont know. June 1 2011 is when the eFA10 began. And before you just mailed a carbon copy of a paper FA10. I can just picture some mouth breather. Whos ONE JOB is to file these paper transfers. But instead they probably sat around all day and just threw the mail in the dumpster. "No one even looks at these" Another state hack job.

Damn! That is aweful. I don’t think a single gun related home invasion from 47 years ago relates to this being a shopping list for criminals though. I can’t even open the damn database😂 but if addresses are listed where guns are, wouldn’t this have the opposite affect?? Simply go to the addresses where guns are not in the home?..
Maybe your ex-wife is smart enough to open an Excel spreadsheet? Worth asking.

I can’t even open the damn database😂 but if addresses are listed where guns are, wouldn’t this have the opposite affect?? Simply go to the addresses where guns are not in the home?..
I assume this is sarc? Hard to tell, but if you can’t see why a release like this is significant then??? 🤷‍♂️

I was able to see who had LTCs in my town that were issued by other PDs. These are people that got them at the PD they worked at. Example... they live in Town X but work for Boston PD. Licensing agency is BPD. All the cops just got outed. :mad::mad::mad:

Or business owners who were issued by the town their business is in, not their home of record.

This illegal data release is beyond amazing... and perhaps the best argument ever against gun registration in MA. Mama Mia. :mad:

Glad that Comm2A is on it, but the damage to MA gunowner privacy has been done. Can't un-ring that bell now. :mad:

It's making me want to buy moar gunzzz right now lol.

I like how from 2006-June 2011 theres like 550 personal FTF transfers. But from june 2011 to just the END of 2011 theres over 3000. For those that dont know. June 1 2011 is when the eFA10 began. And before you just mailed a carbon copy of a paper FA10. I can just picture some mouth breather. Whos ONE JOB is to file these paper transfers. But instead they probably sat around all day and just threw the mail in the dumpster. "No one even looks at these" Another state hack job.
You may be right. Paper transfers seem to be hit or miss.

The saddest part about this is the more we scream about this (which we have every right to do) the more public it will become. It's likely part or their plan. They won't have to advertise the leaking widely.

It's making me want to buy moar gunzzz right now lol.

It does indeed - there's some interesting things that transferred. I was a bit surprised that 71 other people bought a CETME L, one of which appears to be the real imported way-back-when one.

Don't have an exact date the data set is cut off, but my FFL transfer from Dec 23rd isn't there.

ETA: Or maybe I should read the file name to get the date range....

Last edited:
some of my registrations are missing… I always felt stupid doing that… was trying to be a model citizen. sad!

Just because you can’t figure out how do do something simple on the computer doesn’t mean anyone else with nefarious intentions can’t.

Any cop that feels they aren’t “civilians” probably shouldn’t be a cop.
They shouldn’t be getting any special privileges but here we are…
So do you think criminals are going to access a database and go after addresses that have guns…or…make sure they don’t hit up any addresses that have guns? Sometimes I think that even the dumb criminals are smarter than some of you NES commandos😂

GOAL Teams with Comm2A in Response to State’s Unlawful Data Release
Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) and the Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) have teamed up in response to an unlawful data release that includes very specific information on firearm transfers in Massachusetts.
We were recently made aware that the Firearms Record Bureau (FRB) posted links to extensive data covering every recorded gun transaction in Massachusetts going back nearly twenty years. The data files do not use buyers’ names, but it does assign everyone, including retailers, a unique numerical identification number. The data, now made public and downloadable, provides your ID number, the specific gun you bought, your town and zip code. It also provides the same information about the person or retailer you bought it from. Given all that information the data is very easy to decode.
GOAL and Comm2A are joining together to legally notify the State of the clear violation. According to law, we must provide them 30 day’s notice to correct the issue before taking any court action. We will keep our members informed as things proceed.

Data about firearms licensing and transactions:​

Data about firearms licensing and transactions

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleX/Chapter66/Section10B
Chapter 66, Section 10B: Records divulging name, home or email address and phone number; persons who own, possess or have license to carry firearms; government personnel
Section 10B. The commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services, the department of criminal justice information services and its agents, servants, and attorneys including the keeper of the records of the firearms records bureau of said department, or any licensing authority, as defined in section 121 of chapter 140, shall not disclose any records divulging or tending to divulge the names and addresses of persons who own or possess firearms, rifles, shotguns, machine guns and ammunition therefor, as defined in said section 121 of said chapter 140, and names and addresses of persons licensed to carry or possess the same to any person, firm, corporation, entity or agency except criminal justice agencies as defined in section 167 of chapter 6 and except to the extent such information relates solely to the
I assume you are referring to states other than Mass. EFA10's in Mass already locates every gun.

Damn! That is aweful. I don’t think a single gun related home invasion from 47 years ago relates to this being a shopping list for criminals though. I can’t even open the damn database😂 but if addresses are listed where guns are, wouldn’t this have the opposite affect?? Simply go to the addresses where guns are
Don't answer the freakin' door!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEi9Qpnro34

Why does everyone think that criminals now have a shopping list? What kind of criminal goes to Mass.gov and sees who has guns or the most guns and says “ it’s on!!! Let’s break in and rob them!!”
This is what I’m trying to understand too. Aside from the birth month and day and city you live in there’s no other real identifying information for a criminal to find your address. They would need to know some of your gun purchases to figure it out. Or be extremely active here on the forum and do some searching and then compare stuff.

Only because you're deepthroating the state's boot in this thread. You can't figure out how to open a spreadsheet so suddenly a massive public data dump of gun registrations is no big deal? That's some statist shit.
Nice try bruh😂😂 your NES shit posting game is weak as hell. The opening a database thing was an obvious joke but because I’m rent free in your head you’re doing everything you can to try and start trouble. You offer nothing here, go away

Theres no doubt anytime before the full computer eFA10 there is a shitload of data missing.

From the looks of it, one HELL of a lot.

But we all knew that anyway

This is what I’m trying to understand too. Aside from the birth month and day and city you live in there’s no other real identifying information for a criminal to find your address. They would need to know some of your gun purchases to figure it out. Or be extremely active here on the forum and do some searching and then compare stuff.
agreed. But now you’re a government statist. According to at least one idiot on here

So do you think criminals are going to access a database and go after addresses that have guns…or…make sure they don’t hit up any addresses that have guns? Sometimes I think that even the dumb criminals are smarter than some of you NES commandos😂
It must be nice to live in your version of the world being as detached from reality it is.
I think it provides opportunities to someone looking to commit illegal acts. I have a pretty good imagination that a criminal/politician could use this data leak to benefit themselves in some way at our expense.

But few free to belittle people when you yourself are barely able to log in and shit post.

Any FOIA experts out there? I'm interested to know what chain of emails led to someone deciding to post that...

Good luck with that. See my post here:
The locations of shotspotter microphones in Boston were the subject of a FOIA request, which was promptly denied.

ShotSpotter Sensor Locations

Not surprising, given that the AG and MA police in general are the most opaque in the nation, routinely violating the FOIA from what I see (just not complying plus charging outrageous fees). See here, here and here

It must be nice to live in your version of the world being as detached from reality it is.
I think it provides opportunities to someone looking to commit illegal acts. I have a pretty good imagination that a criminal/politician could use this data leak to benefit themselves in some way at our expense.

But few free to belittle people when you yourself are barely able to log in and shit post.
Oh please bro. will you cut the freaking crap blah blah blah blah blah you got nothing better to do. Just because some dudes butt hurt and they want to bring up posts from other thread into this one Doesn’t mean I’m living in some weird different version of the world. Besides I’m not the one with the f***ing Star Wars screen name😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom