Illegal workers taken to Devens

I say deport them all.... we need to see a LOT more of this going on all around the country. I just read today that the new liberal house majority is working on an amnesty bill to let all the illegals stay here... how ridiculous [hmmm]

Too bad this doesn't happen more often. Guess this factory did not pay off
its bribes to the appropriate officials or something. The funny thing is
this problem exists soley because it is at an impasse between the dems and
republicans.... the dems are doing the usual "wah help the poor wah wah"
spiel, and the republicans are quietly going

The irony is a minority of republicans, (maybe even a dem here and
there, too!) and an overwhelming majority of US voters are in favor of
kicking these leeches out... but it won't happen because its being blocked
by politcos who either have conhugeco syndrome or are illegal immigrant
sympathizers. It also doesn't help that the -legal- channels for
immigration/foreign workers are a pain in the ass to use, but that's only
a small part of the problem compared to the top level special interest politics.

-Mike

AFAIK, yes the kids become US Citizens upon birth, get SSNs (legit) and all.

Then the mother can request staying here in the US to care for the child. AFAIK this is always granted!

System sucks!

It’s certainly not the kids fault and in most instances not the workers fault. Now before you brand me a Liberal, think about what you would do if you were in their shoes. Most of these people are trying the best they can to provide more for their families. With that said, now that the game is over, it’s time to ship them home and it should be billable to Brazil!

The problem as I see it falls squarely on Uncle Sam’s shoulders. Our squirmy legislators who waste our time and money writing bills and laws have effectively supplied loopholes for just about anything. These illegals from Brazil seem to have made it to New Bedford while other’s have trouble crossing into Texas; these folks didn’t just walked from Sao Palo, how did they get here?

what happens if the pregnant women have their babies in the US? The kids are US citizens and the mther can still be deported?

In my own honest opinion, I do not believe these childeren should be given American citizenship status. If born in this country from an illegal ailen, that would make the child illegal as well. Citizenship of these children should default to the country of which the mother holds legal citizenship.

At Monday’s Fitchburg School Committee meeting Superintendent of Schools Andre R. Ravenelle reassured parents and students that a raid of that type would not happen in the Leominster-Fitchburg area.

Who the hell does Ravenelle think he is? Does he actually think that ICE will not come to his town because he says so?

f*** him. His school district must be full of illegals and he should go to prison for harboring them.

In my own honest opinion, I do not believe these childeren should be given American citizenship status. If born in this country from an illegal ailen, that would make the child illegal as well. Citizenship of these children should default to the country of which the mother holds legal citizenship.

When we were there, the Governor of Tokyo got some heat, in the foreign press, for making a statement where he warned that in case of an earthquake, the citizens had to watch out for foreigners rioting and looting. And he was referring to the 3rd generation Koreans!

In Japan, there are still 3rd generation Koreans who aren't citiizens. And their grandparents emigrated legally.
Any conservative in the US would be considered a flaming liberal in Japan, with respect to immigration issues.

Good.

Our Glorious Governor Patrick said he was aware of the impending raid , but had been TOLD to shut the hell up about it. Ha.

Local news' only angle was " Crisis for little kiddies - Oh No ! "

Now that they've gone through the trouble to set up the processing machine in Ft. Devans I say leave it there , and start processing until we can't find anymore.

It's take a company of MP's or infantry all summer to round up just the landscapers and dishwashers around the North Shore area.

How is the crime rate in New Bedford any ways? I don't know that area.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's probably a bit high?

Violent crime is higher than MA or national averages. Property crime is lower than national avg., but higher than MA avg.

Don't forget, New Bedford has been home to some notable crimes. Lizzie Borden, Big Dan's, the gay bar shootings last year, the Foxy Lady shootings. It's probably not as bad as Boston, but there's some crime.

Last edited:
Good.

Our Glorious Governor Patrick said he was aware of the impending raid , but had been TOLD to shut the hell up about it. Ha.

Local news' only angle was " Crisis for little kiddies - Oh No ! "

Now that they've gone through the trouble to set up the processing machine in Ft. Devans I say leave it there , and start processing until we can't find anymore.

It's take a company of MP's or infantry all summer to round up just the landscapers and dishwashers around the North Shore area.

+1...time to start cleaning house.

A fellow that I know is an ICE deport and detention agent. I suspect he was on this raid.

He told me that a few years back, they were doing some raids north of Boston. They brought with them a headquarters trailer that they parked near the Lawrence PD. They weren't doing raids in Lawrence, but in the nearby towns. The trailer had big INS logos on the side (before the days of ICE). Suddenly, many shops in Lawrence closed up and crime dropped 50%. Lawrence PD officers were asking the INS guys if they could please stay...

South Shore is just as bad. I know of a couple construction companies that are loaded with illegals. Some of them have been in this state for 4 or 5 years and still have Brazilian drivers licenses. They make little or no attempt to learn English or get proper licenses so you've got to wonder if their paperwork is up to date? Makes me sick to see these guys milking the system.[rolleyes]

Last summer, during our flood repair, the dry wall guys were ALL illegals. The only one who spoke English (he was NOT an American) was their supervisor, and that SOB tried to get more money for doing the job from a few of us home owners. He kept complaining that they weren't getting paid enough so he hit a few of us up for more $$'s. I threw him out of my condo and we (Ed and I) finish their crappy job. I also told the condo mgmt. company to keep all the contractors out of my home.

Don't get me started on illegals. [angry]

South Shore is just as bad. I know of a couple construction companies that are loaded with illegals. Some of them have been in this state for 4 or 5 years and still have Brazilian drivers licenses. They make little or no attempt to learn English or get proper licenses so you've got to wonder if their paperwork is up to date? Makes me sick to see these guys milking the system.[rolleyes]

They are everywhere. All the construction/landscaping/painting/etc west of 128 (Weston, Maynard, Wayland, etc.) is done by illegals.

Wanna bet that this would still be going on, the Govt would not have raided the place, and wouldn't have cared about the illegals if someone hadn't felt that the working conditions were too bad?

I agree..So Note to Employers..: Pay good and be nice and you can employ as many Illegals as you want[smile]

Who the hell does Ravenelle think he is? Does he actually think that ICE will not come to his town because he says so?

f*** him. His school district must be full of illegals and he should go to prison for harboring them.

WHY did you have to insure them ? UMMMMmmmmm someone feel the need to look over their shoulder!!!!![wink]

It’s certainly not the kids fault and in most instances not the workers fault. Now before you brand me a Liberal, think about what you would do if you were in their shoes.

Come over LEGALLY just like my Grandparents ,2 aunts, and mother did..58 years ago! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! [angry]

Last edited by a moderator:
Free 'em all Deval weighs in:

Patrick blasts feds for New Bedford immigration raid

An angry Governor Deval Patrick blasted federal immigration officials today for a massive raid at a New Bedford leather manufacturer that left dozens of children without caregivers.

State officials are concerned that more children may still be in hiding because their parents or guardians never came home from work Tuesday. The roundup by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents netted 327 immigrants working at Michael Bianco Inc., a waterfront factory in New Bedford that makes handbags and military backpacks.

Immigration officials flew approximately 150 of the immigrants to Texas Wednesday night before they could be interviewed by state child welfare workers, Patrick said. Administration officials said the federal government has refused requests by the state to halt additional flights.

"No one on my team is satisfied with that answer," Patrick said today in a press conference at the State House.

The federal government has agreed to fly suspected illegal immigrants back if it is determined that they are the primary caregiver for a child in Massachusetts, Patrick said.

Immigration officials on Wednesday defended the raid and said that agents interviewed each detainee several times to determine whether they had children and ensure they were being adequately cared for. On Tuesday night, 60 of the suspects were released on humanitarian grounds, most of them because they were the sole or primary caregivers of young children.

Until 7 a.m. today, caseworkers from the state Department of Social Services interviewed the remaining detainees who were being held at Fort Devens, Patrick said. It was there state officials learned some of the immigrants had already been flown to Texas. Caseworkers determined during the interviews that at least 26 people in federal custody in Massachusetts were either minors, pregnant, nursing, or the primary caregiver of at least one child.

"I want to be clear that the Commonwealth had no role in the criminal investigation or immigration enforcement action taken by the federal government in New Bedford," Patrick said.

State officials were notified in confidence last week that immigration officials planned to raid the factory. The state had been given assurances, Patrick said, that steps had been taken to accommodate people with children or other dependents.

"Latchkey kids and some adolescents as well might have gone home after school with no one to care for them," Patrick said. "Our role here is to protect each of those children, particularly those without supervision."

The state has set up a hot line specifically designated to help locate any children who may have been left behind. The number is 1-800-792-5200.

Corinn Williams, executive director of the Community Economic Development Center of Southeastern Massachusetts, has said that as many as 210 children might have been affected. By Wednesday afternoon, 29 of those children had been placed in foster care, according to state officials.

The owner of the factory, Francesco Insolia, and three of his managers were arrested Tuesday and accused of deliberately employing illegal immigrants. They were released the same day, and production resumed at their three-story redbrick factory. That frustrated the governor.

"They came in and swept up all these workers, most of them women," Patrick said. "The folks who run that plant, they're back at work today. And I think there is something wrong with that."

Yup, he's pissed off. Those are potential Dem voters the Feds took away!!

The owner of the factory, Francesco Insolia, and three of his managers were arrested Tuesday and accused of deliberately employing illegal immigrants. They were released the same day, and production resumed at their three-story redbrick factory. That frustrated the governor.

"They came in and swept up all these workers, most of them women," Patrick said. "The folks who run that plant, they're back at work today. And I think there is something wrong with that."

Yup, he's pissed off. Those are potential Dem voters the Feds took away!!

Sure we should deport the illegals, but what is the point of letting the managers go. They will bring back another batch of aliens!

The federal government has agreed to fly suspected illegal immigrants back if it is determined that they are the primary caregiver for a child in Massachusetts, Patrick said.
So they can pick the child up and then both caregiver AND child can be deported.

"I want to be clear that the Commonwealth had no role in the criminal investigation or immigration enforcement action taken by the federal government in New Bedford," Patrick said.
Believe me, Mr Patrick, we KNOW that you don't have the testicular fortitude to actually ENFORCE THE LAW!!! [angry] [angry] [angry]

There certainly is!! They should have grabbed the children, too, so they can be DEPORTED along with their parents!

If we toss out all the illegals, who will serve coffee at Dunkin Donuts? Up here in the Greater Newburyport area, we have very little ethnic diversity (except at the above mentioned establishment).

Dunkie's had a sign posted not too long ago that stated they only hire those who are legal to work in the US. Didn't hear that on the news, huh? Yeah, NBPT seems to be filled with Libs and, ah, diverse folks. [wink]

Dunkie's had a sign posted not too long ago that stated they only hire those who are legal to work in the US. Didn't hear that on the news, huh? Yeah, NBPT seems to be filled with Libs and, ah, diverse folks. [wink]
Actually, yes I did hear it on the news. I also heard that they have no plans to review the citizenship status of people who ALREADY work there...

good news and bad news, as I see it...

Actually, yes I did hear it on the news. I also heard that they have no plans to review the citizenship status of people who ALREADY work there...

good news and bad news, as I see it...

I asked the manager at the one next to me - she said they wouldnt' keep any illegal if there were any. I dunno....

If we toss out all the illegals, who will serve coffee at Dunkin Donuts? Up here in the Greater Newburyport area, we have very little ethnic diversity (except at the above mentioned establishment).

Does that mean that I won't be able to get My Lite with NO Sugar ,with 3 sugars any more because the server in Natick doesn't Understand English ?
And My daughter won't have to order Her Bagel " No Toastie "
Bob

Our esteemed gov should be praising the feds and pledging the support of the state to round up the rest of their families in hopes to deport them all. Instead his is trying to figure out a way to get more of them back here to issue mass drivers licenses and grant in state tuition to any who want.

Does that mean that I won't be able to get My Lite with NO Sugar ,with 3 sugars any more because the server in Natick doesn't Understand English ?
And My daughter won't have to order Her Bagel " No Toastie "
Bob

No shit. Like the time I ordered a coffee with "two Sweet and Low" and the girl put in 5 sugars because she thought I said "make it too sweet". Not that the problem is confined to illegals, there are plenty of legal immigrants who can't bother to learn English. But I digress.

Ross, the kids are US citizens, so they can't be deported. They are however in the legal custody of the parents who can be deported. Hair splitting I know but they will have the right of entry as US citizens when they turn 18.

Not that I like that law either.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom