Increasing GOAL membership through gun shops.

There's been a number of threads pointing out how low the GOAL membership numbers are. It seems that many gun owners in MA have never even heard of GOAL but to be a gun owner in MA means all these people have most likely bought a gun at a MA gun shop.

So, given all that, I've taken the initiative to call a few MA gun shops, as well as GOAL, to ask if the shops would be willing to distribute GOAL membership applications to their customers. So far I've contacted both Four Seasons and Blue Northern and both are happy to help.

Terraformer said he's going to do the same at North Shore Firearms and MassMark has been doing it at Dick's.

Is anyone else willing to help out and cover other shops in their area? If so, please reply with which shop you can talk to. Then, PM myself or MrsMagnum for applications.

Thanks.

I JUST noticed they now accept memberships/payments online. Back when I joined they did not; and frankly that put me off from joining for a while...

I JUST noticed they now accept memberships/payments online. Back when I joined they did not; and frankly that put me off from joining for a while...

I agree. That's a big step in the right direction but they still need publicity and hopefully this will help.

Nobody else wants to help out? There's a lot more gun shops in MA than I can get to.

I'm right between Bob's in Salisbury and North Shore in Middleton, if anyone has suggestions I'll talk to Bob.. and Terraformer, shoot me a PM if you need any help in Middleton.

I believe it was LenS who made the point that it will take more than handing out apps, (though it's an awesome start). It will take boots on the ground, app-by-app, door-to-door and a ton of exposure. We need to be more visible - period....I will approach all gun shops in Berkshire County, except one....I went down that road at one shop and won't do it again. Not all dealers are fans.....

I believe it was LenS who made the point that it will take more than handing out apps, (though it's an awesome start). It will take boots on the ground, app-by-app, door-to-door and a ton of exposure. We need to be more visible - period....I will approach all gun shops in Berkshire County, except one....I went down that road at one shop and won't do it again. Not all dealers are fans.....

Yes, it's certainly not all that needs to be done but, I hope, it's relatively easy and gets the word to a lot of people. Anyway, thanks Mark, GSG and Chet.

If anyone needs help, PM me.

OK, so North Shore Firearms will be including a printed app with each gun sale. Also, they have had out the mass gun law reform and goal brochures on the counter. I will be dropping off printed apps in the next few days.

OK, so North Shore Firearms will be including a printed app with each gun sale. Also, they have had out the mass gun law reform and goal brochures on the counter. I will be dropping off printed apps in the next few days.

That's an excellant idea.

e-mail sent Mrs. Magnum (again). funny, i actually forgot all about this until now.

my bad. i can run them over to collectors, unless someone has already taken the task. Four Seasons is covered, so that would only leave A&G Guns and Collectors for me.

I forgot to mention it but I dropped off a bunch of applications at Blue Northern. Next up is FS but I haven't had a chance to get there.

I went to Four Seasons today and brought them a stack of 100 applications. One of the guys (very nice guy, grey hair crew cut) took them and said to the guys next to me "are you GOAL members?" and we got two new ones right off the bat.

Carl put the applications right with the 4473s so they'll get handed out at that point.

I hope it helps.

Big volume, small size shops like Four Seasons are key. I wonder how receptive large retailers like Dick's or Bass Pro are. Anybody already cover this track?

Anybody want to hit up Northeast Trading in North Attleboro? [smile]

Big volume, small size shops like Four Seasons are key. I wonder how receptive large retailers like Dick's or Bass Pro are. Anybody already cover this track?

Anybody want to hit up Northeast Trading in North Attleboro? [smile]

I think we need to see more volunteers. There are lots of shops and lots of guns being sold in those shops every week, even in MA. Even NET.

OK, I stopped in at Match Shot Firearms in Gardner today and spoke to Charlie, and he said if I bring in applications/flyers he'll take care of the rest.

I'll be sending a PM about the flyers, but I'd really like to see this take off. Imagine how powerful GOAL could get if every gun shop was p[apered like this? [grin]

OK, I stopped in at Match Shot Firearms in Gardner today and spoke to Charlie, and he said if I bring in applications/flyers he'll take care of the rest.

I'll be sending a PM about the flyers, but I'd really like to see this take off. Imagine how powerful GOAL could get if every gun shop was p[apered like this? [grin]

Nice job GSG.

I asked Stateline if they would hand them out and they were enthusiastic, even though they're in NH. So, I'll bring a stack the next time I'm up there.

Nice job GSG.

I asked Stateline if they would hand them out and they were enthusiastic, even though they're in NH. So, I'll bring a stack the next time I'm up there.

Hahaha, I was going to head there next! [grin]

Oh well, they're not that close to me, and I'm not there so much, so I'll leave it to you. Although there is a tiny little shop in my town that I might try too... I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes.

*checking in, i have rec'd my batch.

thanks Mrs. Magnum! i will make it over to collectors later this week to drop them.

any suggestions on how to approach? like, "hi, we are trying to spread awareness for GOAL" - would you mind if i left these here? or maybe i can come back and work a stand for a couple hours one day???

thoughts? i've only been there three times, so i don't want to seem "salesman-ish" or scare customers away

Back
Top Bottom