• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this barrel bulged? Model 52

Truth. And the seller has been great about it. I don't believe he sold it to me knowing it has a bulge. He states he hasn't shot it in 3 years but it was very accurate when he was using it.

The trigger is amazing.....used a snap cap and dry fired it last night. Superb trigger. Small light take up to a distinct stop......then the slightest pressure and it breaks.....almost no noticeable rear travel when it breaks. If it groups well I'll run it as is.
Since YOU started it............. ;)

Wadcutters are so satisfying to score
I've been using a 1911 with 45acp 200 grain swaged lead semi wadcutters for years for bullseye league. BiG clean holes. These 38s seem so skimpy 😂

But the trigger on this thing is the best on any handgun I've ever fired. The recoil impulse....the only words that come to mind is "pleasant and polite". So smooth.

I used 3 different load recipes. The one load with berries plated dewc sucked.....went thru the target sideways. The star hbwc is what's in the photo of my target. I'll make some more and adjust the sights.....I'm thinking 3 clicks up 1 click left lol

I’m pretty sure Tewksbury was doing center fire gallery back when I was shooting on the NVPL. Capt and Co Capt from Concord R&G would go. That’s when I learned that I just had to have a 38 Super. It was instant love.

Last I knew both Concord clubs left the league but that’s from way back in the time machine.
I was shooting on the Littleton team for around 15 years from maybe late ‘90’s.
My sister has been/still is team captain…

Sorry for the delay, but I finally had a chance to check out the barrel on my Model 52. No bulge in mine, except one toward the muzzle end of the barrel (about 1/8" from the end), and it kinda looks like it was machined that way, because there's absolutely no corresponding bulge on the inside:

full

full

full

Frank

Sorry for the delay, but I finally had a chance to check out the barrel on my Model 52. No bulge in mine, except one toward the muzzle end of the barrel (about 1/8" from the end), and it kinda looks like it was machined that way, because there's absolutely no corresponding bulge on the inside:

Frank
The bulge at the end is intentional; it’s where the barrel fits in the barrel bushing

Back
Top Bottom