Just Got Your LTC : What Were Your First Purchases

I had a colt MT6400 on hold before my license came in. Picked that up a couple hours after getting my LTC. Next day picked up a Ruger SR22 and the day after got a M&P9.

S&W 1911 with the bill board. cant remember that far back as to how long from when i got the ltc till i bought the 1911. a few days later my sister gave me her smith sw9ve (that gun sucked)

S&W 40 Sigma, Mossberg 500 12 ga, M1 Garand, Sig Mosquito, S&W Model 27 .357 8 3/8", Remington 1911 and over the last two year! Now waiting for tax free weekend for a 9mm or .380

At 17 or 18 I walked into the police station and gave them 3 bucks for a never expiring FID. I bought a Ruger 10/22.

Later ...

Inherited a Sig P228 and then applied for LTC. After the card came I bought a stainless Sig P220.

Shopped around a little while I waited for my LTC to come in. Ended up purchasing a M&P9 from Four Seasons ( I liked the Range and Carry kit idea) about a week before I figured the LTC should arrive. They held it for me there until the following Tuesday, got a call from my local PD, went and picked up my LTC and 11 minutes later I had my first gun. That was one year and 8 guns ago.

Checked mailbox at 1pm
2:30 that day had a beretta 92fs
2 days later sig mosquito
3 days after that m&p 40c
That was many guns ago

First thing I did was go to Walmart and got ammo in preparation. The next day went to Four Seasons and picked up a Glock 26. And yesterday I picked up a HK USP 40, but that was a gift.

1 week after getting it picked yup my 1911 r1 basic at 4 season.
The day I got it I had a voice mail to go to the local pd. I was kinda worried. I went from there right to the gun store .
I new I wanted a 1911 for years.
I didn't have enough to spare that day to buy it on the spot. They put it out back for me :). I did. Buy a cleaning kit and small safe tho. The next pay day I could not get out of work fast enough lol.

Next month got a Walther p38 from my grand ma for cleaning her gutters. My grand dad brought it home from the war, best I could trace it , it's early 45.

Next month she gave me a Remington sportsmen 58 12g one of the ones thats engraved.

Got my LTC originally for work, then decided to to break it in for fun...and because I was living in downtown Holyoke at the time [hmmm] Picked up a Glock 22 that week from AAA Guns in West Springfield (now Guns Inc) and HATED it. It worked fine, but it fit my hand poorly, and I did not enjoy shooting it. So I saved my money and bought a brand new M&P 40 full size when they were still fairly new and never looked back. But that was quite a few guns ago.

Got my LTC in July. I bought an almost new Glock 27 from a retired police officer in November and the Glock love affair began.

I moved back here from another state, but my first purchase was a beretta 92F at the Rhein-Main rod and gun club in Germany in 1985. The 92f was $285. I still have and use it.

Mine was probably 2 weeks after I got my license. I know, long wait but I had just bought a car so funds were low. I got a P226 from four seasons which I had decided on prior to getting the license.

Stated last April. Had the LTC on a Monday, ordered my Berreta 92FS the next day, picked it up couple of days later. Since the in this order
10/22
GP100
Beretta Couger
MP-Sport
Single Six
built an AR
started build on another AR
Saiga AK

plus a bunch of inherited stuff

I only got my license a couple years ago so I remember the order vividly...

Sig 229 a couple months after I got the license (was short on cash)
AK47
S&W Model 60
AK74
Sig 238

Still have all of em.

Picked up my LTC in the AM, headed off to Collector's and went home with a S&W 1911 that night.

picked up the ltc on a friday, went to A&J that saturday got an SR9 some ammo and that was that. til next week LOL

Now that my fiancee has been shooting and has gotten hooked, i am looking to get her her very first gun tonight! LTC came in today for her, BOOYAH!

Back
Top Bottom