Just Got Your LTC : What Were Your First Purchases

My first was S&W model 49, 38 Spl, from American Arms in Wareham. Prev owner was Boston MDC police. That was 1971.

It now has several other younger brothers, but I still carry the 49 at times to this day.

M&P 9 within a couple of days, shot a few hundred rounds through it and took it back for a 92 FS.
Sorry M&P fans. And here we go, yet again.

Back in the late 80's got my LTC

First purchase S&W Model 60 5 shot .38
Second Purchase a week latter S&W Model 65 .357 magnum.

Always have liked Revolvers!

I just going to say this once, so pay attention:

Buy a gun. Buy any gun. Buy a gun you like. Buy a gun you hate. It doesn't matter. Sure, I had plenty of guns before I had my LTC, anything I wanted, my father would buy so I could shoot it. Then I got my FID, then LTC, and I didn't buy anything after turning 18.

Once I hit 25, it came back with a vengeance. Do yourself a favor: feed the beast now, while you can still manage it...lest it become a starving animal beyond your control. [rofl]

Sig P226 with an SRT. had it picked out ahead of time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My first purchase was a S&w m&p15.

It was also the first firearm I ever fired. After that first shot, I was hooked.

I'm up to 6 firearms now, with a 10/22 most likely as #7 and a 1911 soon after.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Sig 229 at Four Seasons the next day.
Bushmaster AR15 2 weeks later
I can't remember the order of buying and trading that went on after that to end up with the collection I have today

Ruger sr .22. I reserched and listended to people. Cheap rounds and a nice pistol according to reviews I decided to get a .22 to hone my skills. a lot of fun to shoot. I will practice, and maybe get a mk3 to use in matches. I shot a nice old s&w j frame .38 and i will probably pick up a revolver just because I like them, but in the meantime, a Ruger SR.22 is the balls. I like a semi pistol, but I have a passion for revolvers.

Last edited:
My older brother got a sr 22 for his first gun a month after I got my first gun a 1911r1 basic. both at 4s.

my gun is better cause it's cheaper too shoot..my gun is better cause I can beat you with it when I run out of ammo. A lot of that Went on lol.

First time we went to to the range together was on farther day with the old man.dad liked mine better "felt like a real gun" mind you we shot the sr22 alot longer lol .
Good little gun, just the ma da trigger kills it for me And I kept trying to shoot it like my 1911 putting the gun on safe :/
I need to get a .22 conversion so he can stop with the price of ammo jokes.

Dad wants to start shooting now and wants a rifle , convince him in to a mosin. If 4s has one in a few weeks hell get his first there too.

My first gun purchase was a M1 Garand with my FID. First LTC purchase? C96 Mauser. Actually the C96 was my first C&R purchase as well. Still have yet to get a CC. Too busy with rifles and my collection to bother yet. Eventually I'll get around to a compact .45 or 9mm.

got mine 5 or 6 weeks ago and picked up an M&P 9mm a couple days later then since have picked up a M&P sport, norinco 12 gauge, sig 522 and a wasr

My first was my SR9c. It still is one of my favorite guns. I bought it as my carry gun and I haven't had a single issue with it yet. I do not like the .40 cartridge and I hear the SR40c is a little snappy. I'd rather just buy a G26/G19 if I would buy another compact 9mm. After the SR9c was the 10/22 with scope and case. I am a Ruger fan!

Got my ltc and the next day I went to four seasons and got a Ruger sr9c and while I was there I noticed they recently got a shipment of mosin nagants in and they were only 100 bucks, so I said screw it and got one of those too. then a few months later I got my M1 Garand.

Put money down on an HK P30 3 weeks before I received my LTC-A, picked it up two days after receiving the license, received it in the mail late on a saturday. Within a month bought an SR22... very happy with both.

Got my LTC on a Wednesday, that Friday (had to wait for payday ) went to FS and bought the M&P9mm range kit and a bunch of ammo. One pay period after that (2 weeks) went and bought a Ruger 10/22, four weeks after that went and bought the Ruger SR22.

My birthday is next month and I convinced the girlfriend to chip in and help me get the S&W 638 for my next purchase..... that or maybe a Mossberg 500? Only time can tell!

Pretty sure my first is gonna be a Ruger src 9. Any suggestions on where I can get pick one up in my neck of he woods?

Got the LTC last month, and purchased an SR9C. Have had fun with it so far. I'm looking to add an SR22 and a Remington 870.
Between the safe and a range membership, I'm not sure my wife knew how expensive that was going to be. I'll have to keep adding to a private stash to fund future purshases!

Back
Top Bottom