Just Got Your LTC : What Were Your First Purchases

Just got my LTC today. Went down to MFS and put 50 rounds through both the M&P 9mm and the SR9. I have to agree with many NESers that the trigger on the M&P sucks. The SR9 was nice and smooth and I shot it pretty well. Can't see getting an S&W M&P and then having to spend money to swap out the trigger. So I am leaning towards the Ruger. Though I wanted to try the SR9c and the M&P Shield but they didn't have any to lend. If I can find one to shoot I would probably go with the SR9c.

Just got my LTC today. Went down to MFS and put 50 rounds through both the M&P 9mm and the SR9. I have to agree with many NESers that the trigger on the M&P sucks. The SR9 was nice and smooth and I shot it pretty well. Can't see getting an S&W M&P and then having to spend money to swap out the trigger. So I am leaning towards the Ruger. Though I wanted to try the SR9c and the M&P Shield but they didn't have any to lend. If I can find one to shoot I would probably go with the SR9c.

Try to find a used M&P with the trigger already installed. Gun is amazing.

I had a S&W 9mm compact all paid for two months before I had my LTC in hand, the very day I got my LTC within two hours I had my 9mm in my hand.

Tim [grin]

Mine was a Smith and Wesson MP9 fullsize...still love it to this day. Even though the shield gets carried each day.

Glock 23 was my first purchase, the day after I received my LTC.

Bought about 10 more guns in the 6 months that followed; the LTC was like a money sieve.

My 1st was my Sig 1911 TTT, 2nd was my S&W 4" 686+ 7shot aka Wife'e gun, 3rd was my S&W M&P15 ORC, and 4th was another M&P15 ORC which I sold a month later because I decided to go a different route.

Still waiting on the state for my LTC. However I have purchased x2 S&W 9mm shields and they are resting in a LGS safe staying warm for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

FA-10'd some of my rifles that were from out of state, then bought a BG380. Hate it, but still carry it. Bought 2 mosin's the same day.

Bought an LC9, then 10-22's for the kids for the Appleseed. Then an LCR in .38. Then a Rem 870.

The LTC has been a 5-figure money pit between gunz, ammo, etc.

Outgrown my second safe.

Last edited:
I went out looking for an M&P, but found what looked to be a barely used CZ-75B for ~500. I didn't find out until much later how lucky I was to get that gun for that price, as at the time I had very little knowledge about the approved rosters, AG regs, etc etc. Funny thing is, I went to the store on a whim when a friend mentioned it to me that morning. It was definitely meant to be. [smile]

My first purchase were some stripped lowers. Had plans to build one and keep the others for a rainy day, but I enjoyed the build too much, so that didnt work out the way I planned.[grin]

First pistol was a Ruger sr9c that I bought ftf from another member. Kinda felt like a drug deal, lol.

Had to wait three days after I received my license last month before I could get to the LGS while it was still open, but I picked up a Ruger SR49C all black and a bunch of ammo, I still need more ammo..!

Received ltc in January...waited until June to buy a gun - a mosin. A month later, I got my college graduation present from my parents, a shield 9mm. A short while later I got a stripped lower and am currently putting that together. Hopefully I'll get the upper come Christmas!!!

Received mine from Woburn back in 2004. Literally walked next door to Four Seasons and picked up the Glock 23 2nd gen I had already picked out. Great gun, but I sold it and bought a G19 about 6 years later just due to ammo prices.

About two weeks later, I went back in and bought a Sig P220. And after that, it's all a blur...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom