Just Got Your LTC : What Were Your First Purchases

I like the SP101 .22,GP141 .357 combo.

Now I need the SP101 in .357!

u8ahy9er.jpg

I inherited a S&W M&P9c on day one, then went out and bought a Glock 27 within a few days, then a Walther P22 a week later, then a Mosin Nagant a week and a half later, then a S&W 637 six days later, and then proceeded to buy an average of one gun per month for the next year after that. I totally had the bug. My favorite was always the next one.

M&P9 and a Gun club membership. Literally the day after I received my license.

Would have been the day of, but by the time I opened my mail, both the gun shops and gun club we're already closed.

Needless to say, I took a personal day the following day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first pistol purchase permit was expended on a S&W Model 19 with a 4" bbl - $150 from J&J guns (and another $10 for a pair of Siles grips). I still have it and the carbon of the permit (and the receipt, for that matter). Second one was a Ruger Mark 1 Std - long since traded in on a Mark 1 Target, which I DO still have.

First rifle was a Ruger 10-22 - which is still sitting in my safe, now in Liberty Training Rifle configuration. It was $129 from Service Merchandise.

This was all back in 1981, BTW, in New Jersey, where you STILL have to have a Pistol Purchase Permit for EVERY HANDGUN you buy. Even if you've got a Curio & Relic FFL and you're buying an something on it, I might add.

sig P2022 was my first.
could have been a 220 or a 266, but the price of the 2022 clinched it.
its a nice gun, but will get the other two sometime just to see!!

second one was a P238.
you can call it a mouse gun if you want, but do you want to stand in front of it?

I forget i am carrying it sometimes in a super tuck!

Uhmm less then a week after I got it. P238 Equinox, M&P40c, Sig Mosquito,Bodyguard .380 (gave it to my dad), Glock 29, Glock 19, Windham AR-15, Barret M107A1. I already had a bunch of long guns from my FID card days and a SW1911pd that my father was holding for me that I have now as well.

When I turned 18 in 1989 I got my "FID card" and bought a Mossberg 500 12 gauge.
In 1992 I got my LTC "pistol permit" and bought a Stainless Ruger .357 GP100.

Had to wait a couple months, but I got myself a SR9C from FS. Next will be a shotgun and a 1911.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom