K&R Target Sports - Hudson, MA

I have been into K&R a couple of times, and a lot of stuff has no price and if you ask how much he always says to come back in a few days. And he has 308,7.62x39,and 30.06 surplus, but again when you ask how much he says he has to look and see what the going rate is. Very frustrating. There is another gun shop in the next town over I can go to and every thing is priced.

a lot of stuff has no price and if you ask how much he always says to come back in a few days.

I'd say you could complain to the AG that he's violating the Item Pricing Law (940 CMR 3.13) by not having price tags on everything, but the last thing we need is the AG paying any more attention to another gun store.

I have been into K&R a couple of times, and a lot of stuff has no price and if you ask how much he always says to come back in a few days. And he has 308,7.62x39,and 30.06 surplus, but again when you ask how much he says he has to look and see what the going rate is. Very frustrating. There is another gun shop in the next town over I can go to and every thing is priced.

Hm, strange. I've never had problems. Most of his stuff that is out has prices on it. He's always given me prices on stuff I've asked for. Any idea the name of the guy who was there? If it was Ray (older, short, a little chubby) he should have been able to answer, if it wasn't Ray he just might not have known what the price was. Ray usually only brings out the surplus ammo on 'special days' or if a repeat customer asks.

he's violating the Item Pricing Law (940 CMR 3.13).

Following up on this, he's recently held a Spring raffle for a Walther PPK that seems to me is breaking the state lottery laws (specifically C 271 § 7A).

But ignoring that, I've had more opportunity recently to talk to Ray, and his two employees. Ray is definitely a bit on the quirky side, but they're all good guys, and have always been willing to provide better than average customer service. While Ray clearly knows his stuff, he isn't arrogant or authoritative like some shop owners I've encountered. He was even willing to listen to me about the laws on a sale with my C&R license, when he admitted he didn't do enough of them to be fully up on the requirements. (He didn't think we needed to fill out an FA10, but agreed after listening to me that we probably did.)

That is strange. I've been in his shop many times and Ray knows his stuff. Most everything is priced in the store and on his website. You could have bounced into the help.

I will ask him what's up the next time I'm in there.

That is strange. I've been in his shop many times and Ray knows his stuff. Most everything is priced in the store and on his website. You could have bounced into the help.

I will ask him what's up the next time I'm in there.

I was in there a few months back and I asked him the price of a bayonet. He said he wasn't sure what they were worth and didn't have time to price them. [thinking]

I'm somewhat surprised at the other reviews here based on my recent experience with a purchase.

Last week I bought a Sig 226 there for what I think is a reasonable price. During the transaction, there was a slight mixup on a couple of magazines that I didn't realize until I was home and it was too late to go back. I called on Monday (when they're closed) and left a message about the mixup. Then, on Tuesday I realized I had the time to go down there so I went in and the owner's son was more than happy to fix the mistake.

Fast forward to this afternoon and I got a call from the owner. He was both very apologetic for the late call back and for the mixup itself. He said he realizes people can go elsewhere so he wanted to make it right. As far as I'm concerned it was a minor issue but I thought it was excellent customer service overall.

As for prices, on normal, run of the mill Sig P series guns, they seemed to be about $50 over Four Seasons. That's pretty much true of every other shop in the state and K&R is worth going to for other reasons so no big deal. Finally, when I was there he had an older P228 with nickel hardware plus some other hard to find Sigs at a reasonable price.

I'll be going back.

Ray's a good guy, but he's pretty disorganized. I've been over there a couple of times this summer and the same guns are still waiting to be priced & tagged. I can't buy it if you can't tell me how much it is!

K&R is a good place to order guns from, but no deals to be found on in-stock inventory.

i had a gun on consignment there over the summer (ray was gone and it was a younger guy) when i decided to keep the gun when i picked it up he had switched the hi-cap mag i was including in my consignment with a 10-rounder...next time i go if ray isn't there i'm walking right back out the door

i had a gun on consignment there over the summer (ray was gone and it was a younger guy) when i decided to keep the gun when i picked it up he had switched the hi-cap mag i was including in my consignment with a 10-rounder...next time i go if ray isn't there i'm walking right back out the door

That would be "Kevin". Hope you got your mag back.
They've still got "Obama just got elected" pricing on anything that looks like a evil black rifle. $1300 for an Oly with no sights?

I've bought a couple of Sigs from Ray, overall a good experience. His prices on EBR's is WAY outta whack though.

I never even knew this place existed until today. I saw their ad in the Dealer Classified section, checked out their website and decided to swing by. They have some really interesting stuff. They were doing a brisk business, but the guys behind the counter were extremely helpful and nice. They have the most Sigs I have ever seen inone place. I will definitely be going back. Well worth the ride.

K&R Target Sports I went there today. What a great shop! tons of sigs,A couple of khars. a good selection of used guns. I picked up a sig 239 9 mm two tone used But in great conditon. I Give the shop a great review. I haven't hear of them. They been around for 17 yrs .In hudson Ma..It's 1hr 15 mins from Dighton ,It's worth the ride.Thanks John

What was it like in the store? I'm wondering if it's changed.

The last time I went there was a few years ago and the place was a disorganized mess. I went over to look at guns in one rack and was told "Don't touch that, they're not for sale." WTF? If they're not for sale they shouldn't be in the rack. It's not like they were behind the counter or anything. There was a hand cart in an aisle with a cardboard rifle box on it. I walked around it to see what was in the case beyond and was told "Don't go back there, I'm doing blah blah blah for an ATF audit." WTF again? Am I supposed to be clairvoyant and know that a hand cart is really a road block? It didn't look any different from any of the other piles of boxes in the place.

His prices, when they were marked, were so-so. If you asked him for something (like ammo) that he didn't have in stock he'd bend your ear for an hour while calculating from his catalog what he'd charge you, all the time telling you how little over his cost he was giving it to you. I think he needed a better distributor.

The owner was a nice enough guy. He seemed to know his stuff. And his stories weren't BS, just long. But shopping there was always a painful experience. Nowhere near the pain of the Gun Room, but still enough to make me pass by unless I needed some ammo to bring to the range right then. He's conveniently located right around the corner from Riverside Gun Club. I'd love to hear that he's gotten his act together. It might convince me to stop by there again.

Good news!

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to check it out. I'd love to add it back into my list of stores to stop in on.

Raymond, the owner, is a nice guy and a gentleman. He is a bit finicky about his handling rules at times, but loosens up a bit once he gets to know you better.

I would give him a pass this year, as he lost two brother in about 18 months' time, and was then dealing with his seriously ill sister over in NY this summer. Add to that the BATF came in in middle of all this and decided to audit him. I'd be a bit rattled and frazzled, too, trying to deal with all this.

They were supposed to be in a new larger space, right down the same bldg, around the middle/end of Dec. I haven't been back since the 8th, which was their original move date, and they were delayed a couple weeks due to verizon's exemplary provisioning time lines.

I got a great deal on a G22 for the kid for Christmas from him- it was one less thing he had to pack and move, so he gave ma a hell of a deal on it.

I heard thru this forum they had moved down in the same building to a larger storefront, so i thought i would

go by after wrok today. Holy Moly, its a lot bigger, better lighting, and well stoced and everything has a place.

the 2 guys that were there we more than helpful and freindly. I walked out with a 642, bianchi holster etc.

If you havn't been there in awhile you need to go.

JimB

I've made a few purchases in K&R lately and everyone has been extremely helpful and great to deal with. Kevin hooked me up with a great deal on a few things I have been looking for and I couldn't be happier. Their prices seem more than fair on the guns I've looked at there.

Went in there on Sat and met the guys, and ordered a gun. I like the place and the people and will definitely go back.

I stopped by after work the other day to check them out. Seemed like a pretty good place. The staff was friendly (moreso than FSF). I bought my first handgun from them (a Sig P226). I'd definitely go back.

I just bought my first gun there last night... Kevin at K&R is the best... He was really helpful, answered every question and was very friendly. I love my new Sig p229 and im happy I went there. Best part is there are only 5mins away from me. Ill be going back very soon for my second gun.

Back
Top Bottom