K&R Target Sports - Hudson, MA

Except that in this case, he played stupid games and someone else won the stupid prize. The owner trusted the guy (because he had to trust someone) and got screwed.

This. Ray trusted him and lost his business as a result. I don't feel bad for the scumbag who got caught - I feel bad for Ray.

Last edited:
The release said Burke stole “not less than 54 guns from the inventory” of K&R Target Sports from late 2009 through mid-April 2010.

Did the owner not notice 50 guns missing in only 4 months? I've never been to the shop, but was it really large enough that you wouldn't notice 50 guns missing?

Yea just read the article of the conviction...scary underhanded devious stuff....this is the type of guy they should throw the book at not someone that makes an honest procedural violation...

Did the owner not notice 50 guns missing in only 4 months? I've never been to the shop, but was it really large enough that you wouldn't notice 50 guns missing?

Ray was gone for the shop for long periods of time. I can also think of a myriad of ways that missing guns could be concealed, particularly if the owner wasn't watching the deposits going into his bank account.... the BG in this case could have just logged them out of the bound book with fake names or names of other dealers, etc, to make it look like the guns had simply been sold.

Either way, not only was this guy a douche, but he was a stupid douche... how can anyone think that stealing guns from one of the most regulated types of businesses in the US is a good idea and that he could get away with it? Particularly given that this shop had been under fire from the feds before during auditing, etc.

-Mike

This is all heresay and speculation. I do not have verification. So, take this with a huge grain of salt.

The story I heard was that this guy was taking his OWN money, buying guns (using K&R) license from Horton's and destroying the paperwork and then selling them on his own.
So as far as Ray knew, he never knew about the guns, none of HIS money was used and they were never logged into his books.

Again.. this is just an unsubstantiated rumor. but this seems to fit a lot of the questions that come up.

There is no eff'ing reason the owner deserved to lose his FFL over this. The guy was a victim, not a perpetrator of the crime. The manager appears to have gone through significant hoops to hide the guns from the owner. The ATF is filled with a bunch of anti gun douches. The guns were sold legally from what the news article says so nothing "ended up on the street" and the sole person to be hurt here was the guy the ATF came around to and kicked in the head while he was down.

There is no eff'ing reason the owner deserved to lose his FFL over this. The guy was a victim, not a perpetrator of the crime. The manager appears to have gone through significant hoops to hide the guns from the owner. The ATF is filled with a bunch of anti gun douches. The guns were sold legally from what the news article says so nothing "ended up on the street" and the sole person to be hurt here was the guy the ATF came around to and kicked in the head while he was down.

I have been told that some of these guns purchased were purchased in cash from horton's (using his own money and Ray's ffl). He then lost the paperwork, never logged them into Ray's books and sold them out on his own w/o papers ended up at at least one crime scene.
They traced the gun to Horton's (and from horton to K&R) but, K&R had no record of them. (as none of Ray's money was used and they were never logged in Ray never knew of the purchases/sales) .

I have been told that some of these guns purchased were purchased in cash from horton's (using his own money and Ray's ffl). He then lost the paperwork, never logged them into Ray's books and sold them out on his own w/o papers ended up at at least one crime scene.
They traced the gun to Horton's (and from horton to K&R) but, K&R had no record of them. (as none of Ray's money was used and they were never logged in Ray never knew of the purchases/sales) .

Horton's requires payment by check when a customer is picking up firearms. It's possible that he was funneling his own money through Ray's account.

Back
Top Bottom