K&R Target Sports - Hudson, MA

Thats where I bought my first machinegun. Do they still have the wooden bear out front?

I believe you are speaking of R&R in Belchertown and yes the Bear is still there :)

On the subject of K&R, been there a few times, very large, spacious, bright and well stocked. Very professional atmosphere. I'll do business with them again.

Here's my plug:

I bought my Sig 226 here and it was a good experience - they helped point out some of the slight differences between some of the Sigs that I was not aware of so. They have a bunch of Sig accessories here too. If you're in the market for a Sig I would recommend checking them out. They have a good selection of used stuff here to peruse as well.

I stopped in at K&R on Saturday with an old friend.
Ray had literally just locked the door and was headed towards his car when we pulled up.
I caught him in the parking lot and told him my buddy was looking to unload a Winchester. Ray took a quick look at it, made my friend an offer, which he accepted, then Ray opened up the store again to go do the paperwork.
I don't know Ray well, I've only been into his store a few times to browse, never bought any guns from him. He moved the store over one door to the left of his old location. This was my first time in the new location. Ray was literally headed out somewhere so we didn't have much time to chat, but he told me that business was WAY off and he just had to let one of his employees go.
I asked if he was on the forum here at NES, he said he was, but really didn't have much time to keep up with the traffic in here. He said he heard there was a rumor going around that he was going out of business, but he assured me that this is NOT true. I told him I'd chime in here to set the record straight.

Well... I've noticed that Ray has let his stock level go way down. Every time I mention the empty counters to Kevin (his manager, unless he's the one that just got let go), he shrugs and says that sales are off during the summer. I wonder if that's a function of not having as big a choice of merchandise as he used to have.

Well... I've noticed that Ray has let his stock level go way down. Every time I mention the empty counters to Kevin (his manager, unless he's the one that just got let go), he shrugs and says that sales are off during the summer. I wonder if that's a function of not having as big a choice of merchandise as he used to have.

I have read that sales are down industry wide. I don't know if that's relative to the post Obama scare/buying spree or relative to sales figures before Obama became even a possibility as president. Regardless, guns are big ticket items for most people and in this state, most of the people that want guns, have some already.

Regardless, I hope K&R survives. I like them. If they have the time, participating more on NES would probably help their cause.

Ray is a decent guy, and I've had nothing but good experiences with him. I noticed the shelves looked a bit bare this summer, too, and that he seemed to have a lot of used milsurps for higher than desirable prices, a lot of new Sigs, and a smattering of used guns. I think the disarray of last year took its toll on his business as well- family illnesses and deaths, ATB audits left the store a mess for many month before he moved. That may be the source of the rumours.

I met Kevin in July, I ended up picking up a C&R gun over there (Remington Model 8). He seemed like a good guy, once he found out we were in the same industry we were swapping stories. I do know he lurks around here from time to time, if your reading this man, I hope all is well.

Is Kevin the guy with the glasses? I think he had some military tatoos as well. I bought an AR from him a while back.

Recently moved into the area. Ray had some SIGP220 police trades for $400 WOW! He seems like a helluva guy.
Between him and Rich Callaghan in Marlboro, it's heaven.

I believe you are speaking of R&R in Belchertown and yes the Bear is still there :)

On the subject of K&R, been there a few times, very large, spacious, bright and well stocked. Very professional atmosphere. I'll do business with them again.

No, it was K&R in Hudson, the guy who owned the MG lived in Hudson and K&R had possession of it for legal reasons. Haven't been to Belchertown in over twenty years.[wink]

Recently moved into the area. Ray had some SIGP220 police trades for $400 WOW! He seems like a helluva guy.
Between him and Rich Callaghan in Marlboro, it's heaven.

Any idea how old and what generation the 220s are? I have to pay them a visit I think.

If K&R started filling the orders that they've been taking, business might pick up. I don't have any issues with the staff or the service in the shop, but they have people who placed orders and left deposits probably a year ago.

If K&R started filling the orders that they've been taking, business might pick up. I don't have any issues with the staff or the service in the shop, but they have people who placed orders and left deposits probably a year ago.

Or when the do finally get your order in 6 months later, they shouldn't charge you 50% more than you were quoted, and then tell you 'Well, if you don't want the gun, I'm sure someone else will glady buy it." I went elsewhere and found what I was looking for for a much better price.

Nope, he's gone. BATF came in and grabbed his stock last week. There's a local guy who's trying to buy the shop but I don't know how this will affect the process...

Back
Top Bottom